Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Telephone customer service in this country is the absolute pits. You have to endure a shitload of automated messages before you get a chance to speak to someone, and then once you finally reach the section you need you might then have to endure long hold times. While going through the automated messages you often hear "The best way to solve your query is to visit our website", mainly because they don't actually want you ringing them. Oftentimes when you go online to their site as they want you to do you can't find the information you need so you're at the mercy of their poxy telephone customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have them too, but many are used up on other things.. 😭 Still doesn't help with the ripping bag though, when it doesn't open where it is supposed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i was on hold to ironically a telecommunications provider to get told repeatedly that I should go online ... so I did, their ‘chat’ online function referred me back to calling the telephone line.. 1850 vvv vvv.... nice... glad I’m not a regular customer or ever will be.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ooooh, this is a good one. There's a whole raft of phone line TAs that crop up regularly:

• Not being able to find a landline contact number
    • Ringing up and having to go through a 10 minute automated spiel about what they offer and how you can do everything online nowadays and "you're important to us" bolloxology
    • Numbers that only allow you past a certain point if you have an order/invoice/account number
    • Lines that get you to enter that number, then the first thing you're asked when you get through to a person is to repeat the number
    • Companies that only deal with you if you have some arbitrary customer ID or account number......"no, sorry, your name, address, PPSN and DOB aren't searchable on our system, I'm afraid you'll have to dig out the random 14 digit reference number we posted to you 5 years ago and which you haven't used since"
    • Companies with restricted customer service hours - banks, in particular, are bastards for this....No new accounts between certain hours etc., PTSB currently only have cashiers working the counter from 10am-3pm and that's in the branches where they still have a counter. Scumbags, the lot of them.
    • Companies who have no customer support online at certain hours but have a battalion of "new account" staff at the ready
    • Companies who force you to go down their generic script of "what to do" before raising a complaint. Used to deal with a photocopier company with tech support in Bangalore. If there was any issue, every phone call took 25 minutes minimum while they ran you through a whole host of checks and reboots to save on call-out fees. I lied once and told them that the machine wouldn't switch on, they'd have to send a technician out. He immediately said he could see that it was powered up by logging into the machine. "well then, my goof friend Gupta, it sounds like you can reboot the machine as well then, pal, while you're logged into the machine instead of me having to go to the 5th floor on another building to do a hard reset, no?"
    • Calls that disconnect after 30 mins on hold
    • Calls that are immediately transferred after getting through to someone, only to be put back on hold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That when I get an extremely rare quiet day in work, I spend it worrying about how I'll account for it in our stupid time system, because we have to account for literally every minute of the full eight hours, every single day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

TA That image is now ingrained in my head for eternity.

The Christmas Samsung phone advert. I think it's for the Z flip 3. It shows a kid getting one as a Christmas present. The phone is about €1100 ish. Bullsh*t ad for kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

People who use terms like 'Big Tech', 'MSM' and 'woke'. The next step in the evolution of gobshites who used to go on about 'sheeple'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭seablue

Estate agents not changing the status of properties that are 'Sale Agreed'.

I know this is done in case the sale falls through, but it wastes peoples time and misrepresents the number of properties actually on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Why oh why are people too thick to stand on a big yellow circle in a shop. No, they have to come up and breathe all over me. Stupid people shouldn't be allowed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I had a dream last week where I was shopping in a supermarket. Always amazes me the stuff my subconscious can come up with...

Anyway, I was buying a packet of biscuits - triple chocolate Mcvitie's Digestive Gold. Except they don't actually exist, and a week later my fat ass still wants biscuits...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'd recommend the Aldi Quadruple chocolate biscuits 😉

Trying to find my dog's poos amongst all the fallen leaves on the ground. It's only a matter of time before I find one by stepping in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA that McVitie's triple chocolate Digestive gold don't exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The fact that The Chieftains anthology is the rte radio 1 album of the week.

Not a fan of that kinda music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Was in Penny's recently and the heat in there!!

Why can't shops regulate their heating for the weather rather than the calendar??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm trying to find who sells falafel. Mediterranean chick pea thingy. Aldi uk do them seemingly but not aldi IRL , that I can find on their crap website

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Health food shops and ethnic shops usually do.

Not many ethnic shops near me ! Though I'll have a browse in a few towns

Facebook Dating . What is it with the cute Chinese girls who say , " I don't use this platform much, so add me on hangouts, WhatsApp etc. For someone based, supposedly in Dublin , why are still using a Chinese phone number. So F off and stop annoying me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I've bought falafel in Aldi, not recently though so maybe they've stopped selling it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got falafels in Aldi in Kildare a few weeks ago (both Moroccan and Mediterranean) although there was none there last week. You can get them in the Gosh! brand in Tesco and sometimes Lidl too.

My TA is the state of my fitness. The last two mornings I've been shattered after the cycle in to work. I think it's coming to (non-Covid) chest infection time for me!

I fell over in the street. 😡 Morto !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The incel invasion that's become a major feature of Boards lately, and the fact that the Ignore list is no longer a thing.

• Advertisement

You can still put people on ignore but I’m struggling to find a list to see who is on it alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if you go to your profile and select ignore List you can see who is on your ignore list. you can also add people to the list from here including those with a private profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA I had to use Urban Dictionary again 😄

TA'd at all these labels

Seven Worlds will Collide

I don't have anyone on my ignore list. Now I feel I've been missing out on something!

I've seen at least 8 tops that I like in the sales so far, until I realise that they have their BRANDNAME emblazoned across the front or down the sleeve or anywhere, effectively ruining the look that I initially liked.

These also aren't cheap, even in the sale, so why the feck would I pay to be their walking billboard advertisement, for what is now, an ugly top? They pay celebrities tens/hundreds of thousands to wear them, if they want me to wear that crap, they could at least give it to me for free, and even then I would still have to think about it.

Even some football jerseys are now sold without the big ugly sponsor across the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People as guilty as fook trying to wriggle off the hook on a technicality, two in the last few days/weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maybe they're really some fat bloke in Siberia? CCP bots, who knows?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is rare and even where the big ugly sponsor is not there they will still have the branding of the sports company who made it (umbro or whoever) and the team crest (which is branding in of itself although a brand purchasers do not generally have an issue with).

I have found Hollister and Superdry the worst for ruining their clothes with ugly logos. Neither are very good quality either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Two TA's.

First, opened a new account, got a new card. I can't use it online, or to transfer funds. I went into the bank branch, (after waiting in the pissing rain) three of the staff looked at the computer, looked at me, then told me to ring the helpline. Customer service me ass.

Second, I was walking back to the car, in the middle of the car park two "wans" were dragging their kids along. A little lad, about 3 or 4, suddenly dropped his trousers and did a number 2. Cue much screaming and roaring at the child. Delightful parenting.

That crossed my once or a hundred times alright 😁 , especially for someone allegedly based in Dublin they have russian/ Chinese etc number.

Spam has really taken off in Covid times. We're literally a captive audience. Not just dating , but another FB game I play ( words with friends, ie scrabble) is inundated with it too.

( real TA is despite this I haven't got the ride out of it !!!!! ) . Maybe for PI :)

Had to move a few months ago, and packed all my stuff , labelled , into moving boxes. More than a TA. Half the little things ,( remote controls , books I haven't read) are missing . I'm discovering missing things everyday. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Ha, I called it 😆

Fine Gael TD calls for Lotto to be more 'winnable'

...said there should be an investigation after no winner of the top Lotto jackpot in almost six months.

Surely that's done an untold amount of damage to the National Lottery and - moreso - the charities that benefit. Overheard someone this morning say "it's too dear to be playing" when this came on the radio earlier, and I completely agree, particularly given that the prize breakdown is so sh!t.

It is what it's.

I think they over reached by adding extra numbers. Making it harder to win. Killed the buzz about it compared to the mega euromillions

I think when they privatised it, it did a lot of damage anyway. Then all the machines started going down before a big jackpot draw etc. didn't help.

Would love to see the figures.

Post edited by Suckit on

• Advertisement

Two TAs today:

1) I inadvertently ate a month-old egg that I had boiled for the dog with my lunch.

2) I discovered this by cracking what I thought was her egg on the counter to peel it, and realised it was my fresh one when it splatted everywhere.

So not only was the egg I ate mega-stale, it was twice-boiled too. I must have Covid or something, though, cause it tasted fine...

Post edited by Dial Hard on

Good help anyone if you crack a fart though. ( blame it on the dog :) )

I didn't even know it was privatised. One the app it says you donated €X to charity

The charitable aspect hasn't changed, the State just outsourced the operation of the games to a commercial entity rather than doing it themselves.

Football players... ball goes out for a throw , your number comes up to be substituted and instead of making your way to the sideline efficiently with a few ‘well dones’ ringing in your ear, you decide to go shaking hands and hugging and kissing your teammates and whispering sweet nothings in their ears, you do this to every teammate on the way off... thus making the entire opposition stand around and the entire 4000 spectators get mind numbingly bored at this BS example of needy bastard time wasting... I know referees must add time for subs but I’m not sure time for romantic gestures is appropriate...

leave the pitch at the nearest touch line and get on with it ffs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement