Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Except I didn’t in ANY way make that claim. Please don’t twist what I said. In fact I never said they couldn’t or aren’t racist, I said in the specific instance Harry and Meghan have not shown their claim to be true.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

Sorry I should have clarified. The part about Canada was in reference to how it appears there more steps to happen than in Australia and New Zealand when all three have the same status in the commonwealth.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yes, I vaguely remember - so supposedly he should have been due the rank of admiral but obviously those within the Firm with a bit more grey matter than him realised it would go down with the public very badly. And not to mention that it probably would really piss off the service men and women of the various defence forces of Britain as well.

Andrew though is known for his arrogance and he seems to believe that he's akin to a prince in the middle ages - the ones who could like, trample over a few urchins in a boar hunt and throw a coin to their peasant parents or something. So he can't see why he wasn't allowed to play dress up and threw a tantrum because of it. The queen took the diplomatic option for Philips funeral but I can't see William and Charles bothering to be that diplomatic when the Queen's time comes - and it's one way to show the public that they won't be indulging and protecting Andrew the way mummy did - and tbh, it sounds like it's something they need to do to avoid a backlash. I'm on a UK mammy forum and the vibe from many is that it's hugely disappointing that the Queen is protecting him and many who were supporters of hers are disgusted enough to agree that when she dies, so too should the monarchy.

I found it more disturbing the idea of him fighting to wear a military uniform that he didn't really earn, than any of his other alleged offenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Wow, that is one seriously f*cked up perspective

• Advertisement

I am being facetious of course. I just mean it's majorly cringy to try and fight to wear a military uniform after all the recent events surrounding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

I thought that the Ellen show had been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 BrokenWingz

Ellen is apparently having a never-ending Farewell Season. I wonder what lies will be spun in this interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

She just can't stay home. It has to become saturated exposure soon which will cheapen their brand. Its a weekly barrage of appearances spewing the exact same drivel. They have apparently turned down an invitation to spend Christmas with the family in the UK. Maybe they see the writing on the wall in terms of being completely cut off once the queen dies, which is looking sooner rather than later so they are milking things while they still can. Honestly I just dont understand their long term plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭ForestFire

It will be a perfect match so...

Harry and Megan are having a "Never-Ending" leaving the public eye....for the sake of their new family.....conundrum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Pretty bad to turn the invitation down when it could very well be the queens last Christmas. Harry should make an appearance at least imo or he might end up resenting her for not going

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Stanley 1

Seriously, Harry would be in the spare room for about a year if he went to see Granny without Megham's permission and that is what got him into this bother in the first place, he could have had the pick of them in the UK with big dowry's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

The plan is a simple one. She wants a dozen kids. They have the sixteen bathrooms, remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

They'll be divorced in the next five years I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I can't imagine it being anything else than a 'formal' invitation without meaning it really at this stage. If the Palace wouldn't send out this invitation, they would risk H+M to publicly cry out they were not invited for christmas, nobody interested in the new baby, so bad people for all to see again, blabla is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Harry and Meghan have said they are free to be selective with who in the media they engage with. Given the substantive allegations of abuse against Ellen then it’s not exactly compassion in action by engaging with Ellen “Be Kind” DeGeneres. In saying that, the idea of them saying one thing and doing another is just expected at this stage. It’s tempting to suggest that birds of a feather flock together given the mutual allegations of bullying but, notably, this is Ellen’s last season. She is on the way out and anyone appearing this season must be either paying back a favor to DeGeneres or they are reduced to appearing on her show simply out of desperation in the interests of PR. Given that Ellen and Meghan are both clients of Sunshine Sachs then I think this “surprise” intervew very much smacks of a quid pro quo. You give me exposure (the opportunity to appear relatable, likeable) and I give you exposure (ratings).

just read something, too good not to be shared here:

Meghan was nobody until she turned a prince into a frog...🤣🤣🤣 hilarious and so true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Apparantly the skit was filmed on the studio back lot and the vendors are employees of Ellen's production team.

This seems to be a bit of pick and mix and it doesn't seem to be working for them. Fiercely guarding Archie's privacy because you don't want him damaged like his dad then showing his picture on Ellen. Going to a veteran's thingy as royals but filming it and asking people to do 'takes' for their private Netflix deal. Wanting privacy but going on Ellen. Wanting to be taken ever so seriously about weighty issues in politics and climate change but doing silly pranks on tv for publicity.

I think they need to figure out what/who they want to be. Do they want to be stateside lesseer royals, political contenders, philantropists, influencers or just rich celebrities?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I don't think they have much choice. Mom's' money won't last long, if they want that standard of life and on their own they can't deliver anything of value.

exactly. Seeing this latest 'prank appearance' it dawns on me they are already desperate and beyond moneywise too keep up their lifestyle. My guess is won't be long til their mansion is on the market... reason given then for sure because they decided to live a more sustainable lifestyle..🙄

I did read that Netflix /Spotify haven't been wowed by the content they've given them so far. It's all very well to have a contract worth $100million or whatever the amount was, but you've got to deliver your end of the bargain. And you would wonder if that kind of money is involved, are a handful of documentaries produced by them going to bring in the viewing figures that Netflix presumably are expecting?

It makes me wonder, what the hell did they offer up in the beginning to the streaming services to warrant a deal that size? Baking shows with Catherine? Fly on the wall reality TV at Sandringham Christmas with Granny? Supernanny putting manners on the Cambridge trio?

Then when Liz pulled the plug on their dreams of selling out the inner workings of the Royals they scrambled and said that they still could deliver, except it would be documentaries. Not exactly going to hammer Squid Game in the ratings, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭backwards_man

The cringe fest Ellen appearance makes you wonder if they really got as much upfront from netflix. Surely she would not demeen herself like this if she didnt have to. Does she think this enhances her image? Those pictures taken from the show, drinking from a bottle and squatting are going to hound her forever. How did her PR team allow this? Ellen made a right fool of her for ratings.

What feckers Netflix and Spotify are wanting a return on their investment. I also wonder what the pitch to Netflix was from Harry and Meghan to get this kind of money ? And I do wonder did Netflix ask the actual likely hood of getting the access they said they’d get, because let’s face it Netflix aren’t shelling out money on that scale unless there’s royal behind the scenes stuff because them on their own isn’t very interesting.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

"In Meghan Markle's preeningly self-satisfied appearance on Ellen, she embarrassed the royal family and she embarrassed herself. She may have rejected the British monarchy yet still she seeks to capitalize on her title, being described on-screen as Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex. Presumably, this is to boost her popularity in North America," Pasternak mused. 

"She is often compared to the Duchess of Windsor, as an American divorcee marrying into the Royal Family, yet Wallis Simpson behaved with the utmost dignity throughout her exile from the British monarchy." 

"Meghan's cringing appearance on ‘Ellen’ was the opposite of dignified. What purpose it served, I have absolutely no idea, other than to make her look even more fame-hungry than ever. She never did understand the difference between celebrity and royalty, as this jaw-droppingly awful, tasteless interview attests," Pasternak concluded.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-ellen-appearance-opposite-dignified-royal-author

LOL

Advertisement