Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

All I remember from years ago about the desert was meeting the English rock band.

And if my memory is right though it could be wrong around that area is when I found the jet pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Any word on a patch the make this playable at some point?

I don't know about VC but SA you can look behind you and either side all by the press of a button. The two side ways looking are for drive by's and then you need to look behind you reversing out of pay and spray as I once backed into the police pulling out of one and had to drive back in again. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got an email off Sony saying they have refunded my account, will get it within 5 days. Was not expecting that result.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The desert area had the airstrip that you could buy, and the army air base, and there was a jetpack too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Fair play, I requested a refund also so hopefully I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Did you guys play them for long?

The bugs in VC are starting to really annoy me

I think i have 5 hours played of GTA 3, didn't touch VC or SA. Sony's policy is to only refund if you haven't downloaded the game or then maybe if you haven't played it yet. They didn't have any questions for me, must have a blanket thing to allow refunds for this but I'm interested to see how others get on. Will check my console tonight to see if the games are locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

The series was unreal for the time it was released, all three are absolute classics but of course those earlier groundbreaking mechanics will seem dated today.

By the sounds of it you were awful at the game ha. I'm sure you have a full 360 view in these remasters. Not that it takes away the fact that they have made a pure balls of it.

I played SA for around 5 or 6 hours and I just gave up. Far to many glitches. Didn’t play the other two.

• Advertisement

I just done the mission in San Fierro where you get back the prostitute from the priest. No way of shooting forward so I had to get beside them which was pain as one time as I was doing that they bumped me off a cliff. I managed to take out his goons in the jeep pretty easy then drove for miles chasing the limo everytime I got beside them they would turn or flip me off into a lamp post. Took a lot of bullets but they eventually blew up right beside the caravan park you moved to when you are ran out of Los Santos.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Us gamers are the problem. Preorder and 1st day downloads when the industry continues to deliver unfinished games.

€20 each for 20 year old games? Unless they completely overhauled them it was never worth it, but then such an overhaul would have changed players memories of the game.

The only mistake R* made here was misjudging just how much they could get away with. And yet they will still make money out of it so they are laughing.

Its like they treat launch day like a kick-starter campaign. They get to do the minimum, see the reaction and then can decide whether its worth it spending more money on it.

Genius really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I said it earlier in the thread, I just can't understand people pre-ordering a game in this day and age especially digital versions.

First and last time I’ve done it - lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I could understand it years ago when games sold out(gta v on the PS3) but nowadays it just seems completely pointless. Let them release the game, see what people think and then make your decision.

Logged into my ps5 and saw the 3 games were locked. Checked my wallet and 60 quid in there waiting to be spent. Reading online, the majority of refunds were denied so I'm happy to get my money back. Would still like to play SA, will pick it up once it's been patched, able to be bought as a separate game and on sale.

Now what to preorder next ... I kid, i kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Sure wait for the black Friday Sale that starts in 2 days for something

I think the worst thing about the games (only played SA as it's on gamepass) is the combat and there's no fixing that as it's still shite and the same in GTA 5 and RDR2. People can complain about these re-releases as much as they want and are legitimately entitled to do so given the problems but these games have to be up there with the worst 3rd person action controls and combat of the modern era. I'm only posting this as I fired up both RDR2 and GTAV earlier and was reminded how horrible the combat and character movement was. People complain about Fallout and Elder Scrolls needing a new engine and do over, well GTA needs one too.

The gunplay in 3 and Vice City is especially Janky. Was trying to shoot windows in Vice City shopping mall and committed genocide instead

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Haven't bought played this remaster. Have completed 3, VC and SA multiple times across consoles and PCs. SA still holds up relatively well (aside from aiming/shooting and throwing - they still suck) but 3 and VC need to be modded to make them playable.

Is there any reason why these games weren't remade in the GTAV engine? Like, I'm aware that the Unreal Engine licensing costs can be quite competitive, but it seems mad to try to remake the V shooting/driving mechanics into a 3rd party engine when they pretty much have that in the V engine already. Or is there a link to somewhere explaining this?

• Advertisement

Thats a bloody good question, but my guess is it would be a complete tear down and rebuild and probably not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Only thing I can think of is that maybe the team who worked on the remaster were only familiar with Unreal, and nothing else. Who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

It’s a good question. If rockstar did a full remake of the trilogy in question there is no doubt it would sell really well.

The broader question here is whether rockstar are interested in putting any kind of significant resources into offline single player GTA games.

Has a GTA 6 with full single player campaign even been confirmed or leaked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Apparently GTA 6 has been in development hell since Hauser left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ok right. I didn’t know that.

I don’t really play online at all so I’m only interested in single player. Is it right to assume that something like RDR2 was mainly driven by Dan Houser? I know it’s not everyone’s cuppa tea but the time and effort put into all the amount of detail in that game is staggering. Maybe Rockstar aren’t willing take that kind of risk on a single player campaign again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just watched the IGN review of it. Sheesh. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

See they're giving out a prison jump suit for GTA online if you own it and play this week on both it and GTA online.

Advertisement