Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Needed 1 more win for WL qualification. Its 2-2 in the 90th minute, I get a pen and the guy turns off his PS5. I've never experienced anything quite as disgusting as the Fifa Community

Post edited by AdamD on

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Playoffs bring out the inner dickhead in people. They are the worst games of the week. This is the big downside to this format, these are must win games so you get all the sweaty nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have had 3 goes and gone 4:5 in each one 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I don't understand how they still haven't come up with so way of awarding the win in those situations.

Pull the plug/turn off the console at any stage and the opponent gets the win - simple.

They have it in plenty of other situations so no reason at all why they can't programme this.

I think they just want to avoid giving anyone a cheap win, to make qualifying harder, so that more people are forced into buying packs.

Curiously, last night after I gave away 2 wins by scoring an OG and immediately quitting I could suddenly couldn't find a match any more...

• Advertisement

Food for thought, would the WL playoffs be better if:

1. Anyone in Div1 or higher got free qualification to WL, and didn't have to play playoffs. This means that lesser players aren't going to get matched against excellent players.
    2. Qualification is when you win 5/9 matches, and as soon as you qualify you don't play any more fixtures. While some will give away free wins after they qualify, there's still many who will play on in the hope of getting the slightly better rewards for reaching a higher rank.
    3. Make the playoff rewards either be a reward for qualifying or a reward for not qualifying, with the reward for not qualifying actually being worth more (since the qualified player is guaranteed far better rewards overall in WL).
    4. Kimpembe was removed from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

This **** is infuriating - has happened so many times that now when i get a penalty i'm just waiting for the disconnect to happen.

Reading these posts re- qualifying for champs this week, i am blessed i played my games last Sunday. I know it is 90% luck but there has to be something in the fact that on a Sunday some of the better players will still be playing champs finals and so won't be matched with you in qualifiers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I find playing on Thursday suits me best for qualifiers, I’ve heard Sunday is also a great day due to players still playing champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I played my qualifiers on Monday this week and it was a piece of p1ss. Won all my games to qualify and gave away the rest. Usually I play my qualifiers on Fri/Sat and it has been much more difficult. Last week I only scraped in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

3-4 in Playoffs after last night. Was 3-3 and winning 2-0 in the 70th. minute in the last game when I suddenly got disconnected for no reason and given a loss. Wasn't even disconnected from the servers as I was sent straight back into the FUT menus. Infuriating.

Also feel like I am the only FIFA player who doesn't have Kimpembe and RTTK Fekir.

I've played the Playoffs at various days and times and have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter a jot what time you play, as the matchmaking is completely random.

I've made a point of messaging people after games to ask what division they are in and what their current record in the Playoffs is, out of interest.

The ELO system clearly doesn't work or instead turned on in Playoffs, as there are more times than I can recall that I've matched with people who are as far as +/- 3 outside my ELO range and everything in between.

Thankfully I've gone 5-1, 5-1, 5-2 and 5-2 over the last month so haven't had any issues and have got very lucky with matchmaking, but all it takes is matching up against 2 or 3 players a division or two above your current level, which is very possible given how random the matchmaking is, and that's qualifying gone. Similarly, the opposite is true also.

I am convinced there is no ELO in playoffs.

Even when I am on a 3 or 4 loss streak I am getting matched against players who I absolutely refuse to believe are on a significant loss streak, their team and skill level is just far too good.

It is not, but I am fully onboard.

I hate Kimpembe and all that he stands for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

And Navas, and Donnaruma, and Maignan, and Kounde, Oh and Militao to, starting to see Marquinhos in teams to

Qualified for every WL since the launch, tried monday for this week, finished 1-7 or whatever it was, i know the 1 is right anyway, conceded stupid goals and played players of a significantly higher standard with all the skill moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is there a big difference in playing on PS4 vs PS5? As in will be PS4 be easier? I might downgrade my version😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep, Thursday - Saturday are great for qualifiers. All the big guns would have qualified by Thursday and most are playing WL Fri/Sat.

The only time I ever qualified for WL I did it on a Monday.

IMO it's just pure luck of the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've gotten rank 2 in each WL league yet struggled to 5-4 and 5-3 in my last 2 qualifiers. Doesn't really make sense, it is quite random.

5-1 in the playoffs for this week and gave the last 3 away.

Started 0-1 after battering my opponent and losing 2-1 (xG very heavily in my favour) and breezed through the rest with 4 early rage quits, all before half-time.

I'm liking the 4-2-3-1 lately I have to say. 4-3-2-1 was my go-to this year but they've killed the attacking effectiveness of it in the latest patch whilst doing nothing to combat the defensive weakness. 4-2-3-1 is starting to feel more back to its old self.

Trying to teach myself how to dribble properly, I've never used L1 or R1 dribbling cause I never knew how. Also for skill moves I usually just wiggle the right stick randomly. And also trying to force myself to let go of R2 all the time.

R1 dribbling seems more awkward to get used to.

TOTW Mbappe looks tasty.

I either use the stick or L1. Was surprised someone a few pages back said he used R1 mainly, felt most must use L1 predominantly and it couldn't just be me, id next to never use R1.

To be honest its not worth a whole pile.

Good decision making and doing what the other person isn't expecting wins the day.

One thing that doesnt work anymore is the fake shot near the goalie.. you do need to learn the drag for the goalie.

Plus with button delay it just makes everything off anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

I'm in the exact same position. Used to get by with just the left stick in the box the last two years but doesn't work as well this year. Never used L2 or skills and didn't even know L1 or R1 dribbling was a thing until this year. All too fond of R2 also like yourself. Started on FIFA in the late 90s so hard teach me new tricks I suppose. Think I can hold my own on all other aspects but will have to put some time into learning it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just used him in a draft, he’s basically a cheat code.

Did a few of those PAS 82+ SBCs there out of boredom, having already done loads yesterday with nothing good in return.

First one Kroos, second one Adidas Fabian, third one Neymar. 😁

Yet another week where the only player in the TOTW that will make anyone's team is one player, this time Mbappe, who there's a 0.000001% chance of puling, thus making Weekend League a waste of time before it even begins.

They really have to look at revamping the TOTW/red picks next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got some okay ones in the passing SBC like David Silva, Ndidi and Tielmans but just got Ronaldo so delighted with that!! Got nothing in the pace and dribbling ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

They did revamp them, you get one player each week with extra boosted stats 😂

Advertisement