Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Tremors leaves today. Not a very long stay, I don't think?

I've been meaning to watch it again since it was added but kept forgetting. Must try and squeeze it in this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cowboy Bebop is getting a hammering off a lot of reviewers

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/cowboy_bebop_2021/s01/reviews

Love Actually (2003)

Detective Pikachu - Ryan Reynolds’ energetic vocals and a witty script make this unlikely Pokémon movie a surprising delight.

Johnny Test’s Ultimate Meatloaf Quest - Join Johnny and Dukey on an epic interactive quest to find the perfect meatloaf.

I Believe in Miracles (2015) - Experience the inconceivable climb of Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest soccer team of the late 1970s via interviews and archival footage

Nanny McPhee (2005)

9 (2009)

Doom (2005)

It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010)

The Wilding (2016)

Brüno (2009)

Hard Target 2 (2016)

Gypsy: Live from the Savoy Theater (2015)

ID2: Shadwell Army (2016)

Jarhead 3: The Siege (2016)

Miss Saigon 25th Anniversary Performance (2016)

StoryBots: Laugh, Learn, Sing (2021) - Learn along with Beep, Boop, Bing, Bang and Bo as they make their way through a musical alphabet, from awesome A's to mighty M's and all the way to Z!.

Michael Che: Shame the Devil (2021) - Michael Che returns to the stage in Oakland and tackles American patriotism, Black leadership, jealous exes, loose bears, mental health and more

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

We've had various <insert country name> days. Today is DTV sequel day with Hard Target 2, ID2 and Jarhead 3. Is it a coincidence they're all 2016? I might check out ID2 as I liked the original so will see how it goes. "F**king love you, Gumbo"

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭al87987

Watched the first 2 episodes of Arcane last night, really enjoyed it, loved the animation, will definitely finish it out.

Watched 'A cop movie' too, documentary that follows a couple of cops in Mexico city, interesting for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Really enjoyed The Trip as well. I'm not a big fan of violence but the violence in this is of the cartoon variety, a kind of a Home Alone for adults.

Tiger King: Season 2 - If you thought the mayhem was over, Netflix says it’s only scratched the surface

Christmas Flow (2021) Season 1 (French) - An unlikely Christmas romance blossoms between a famous rapper and a tenacious journalist. But can they make it work despite their differences?.

Tear Along the Dotted Line (2021) Season 1 (Italian) - A cartoonist in Rome with his armadillo-for-a-conscience reflects on his path in life and a would-be love as he and his friends travel outside the city

Bizarre ER (2017) Season 1 - Take an inside glimpse into the most unusual emergency room situations, from a pencil stuck in a lung to a man who fell into a cement mixer

THE FABLE (2019) (Japanese) - An elite gun-for-hire is forced to lay low and not kill anyone for a year, but underworld figures start to threaten his newly calm and quiet life

THE FABLE: The Killer Who Doesn't Kill (2021) (Japanese) - While trying to live a normal life, a deadly assassin must somehow protect a young woman and confront a man bent on revenge -- without killing anyone

In My Room (2021) - In a one-man show, comedian and singer Kenny Blaq reflects on a year spent indoors amid COVID-19, riffing on airport customs, his love life and more.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians Season 4

The Queen of Flow Season 2 (Spanish) - Seventeen years after being wrongly imprisoned, a talented songwriter seeks justice against the men who caused her downfall and killed her family.

Added

star trek discovery is leaving netflix and season 4 will be on sky

seasons 1-3 are supposed to be leaving at the end of 18th (tomorrow )

Sky has confirmed that access to Paramount+ will only be available as part of their Sky/NOW Cinema bundles and not as a standalone app/service. So if you want to watch the TV series “Star Trek: Discovery” then you need to subscribe to their Movie package 

https://news.newonnetflix.info/news/what-happened-to-star-trek-discovery-why-has-it-been-removed-from-netflix/

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Any reviews on Tiger King 2? Can't see it being as bonkers, probably a lot of filler, don't think I'll invest my time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Well that confirms I won't be watching series 4 😋

I thought the last series was really poor, so I'm kind of relieved by this news!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

So there's no way to watch season 4 without forking out more money? Live short and wither, Paramount+...

well ................... there are ways that can't be discussed :)

I watched the first 3 eps of Arcane today. I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure exactly what's happening storyline wise beyond a few personal relationships, but the animation is incredible. It looks like the most amazing concept art brought to life.

And I've now watched all 6 of the eps and am raging that I'm away at the weekend when the last 3 drop. I think I'm even following 90% of the storyline now too :)

Celebs Go Dating Season 4 - At the Celebrity Dating Agency, clients mingle with everyday singletons for a chance to find love with the non-famous..

Dogs in Space: Season 1 – Fetch — a new planet for us all! With Earth in danger, desperate scientists send genetically enhanced dogs into space to find a new world to live.

The Princess Switch 3: Romancing the Star – When a priceless relic is stolen, Queen Margaret (Vanessa Hudgens) and Princess Stacy (Vanessa Hudgens) enlist the help of Margaret’s audacious look-alike cousin Fiona (Vanessa Hudgens) who teams with a dashing, mysterious man from her past to retrieve it… rekindling the sparks of a tantalising Christmas romance and resulting in a very unexpected switch.

Riverdale Season 6 ep 1 released and weekly from now on

Earwig and the Witch - A headstrong young girl who grew up in an orphanage discovers she has magical powers after being adopted by a selfish witch

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Where did you see this confirmation?

I thought you would get Paramount+ automatically if you are already a Cinema subscriber but there would also be an option to add just Paramount+. I can't imagine it will be very good value for money though.

Here's the original launch information which hasn't been amended.

Maybe you can only add it if you are a Sky Q customer?

just saw a report paramount + will be free if you are a sky cinema subscriber and will have a monthly fee if you don't

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-TV/Paramount-launches-on-Sky-Q-in-2022/ba-p/3745841

might work the same as peacock which has launched for sky q & glass customers and is going to be added to other sky customers at a later date

• Advertisement

The last season of Ozark has been coming out every month for the last 2 years almost. WTF are they doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Watched and enjoyed red notice. Not sure what the point of Ed Sheerin was. It just seemed to be thrown in there without adding to the plot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Peacock content got added on my NOW account in the UK this week (but I believe the soft launch also happened in Ireland). Very disappointed with the additions. Assumed girls5eva was at least going to be added but it wasn't. New Saved by the Bell is all that really interests me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I stuck on Blood Red Sky last night, it was pretty decent. It's reminiscent of (but not quite as good as) John Carpenter's best films. I enjoyed it but wouldn't have minded if it had had 10-15 mins trimmed off the runtime, the ending did feel a bit drawn out given that it's very clear how it will play out. Still, I'd rather they aim for this sort of thing than throwing ludicrous amounts of money at absolute arsedribble like Army of the Dead.

Speaking of AotD, I did watch Master of Thieves and, surprising nobody, it's better than AotD by virtue of Snyder's absence. It's a passable if unexceptional heist film and the cast is watchable. Again, it would've benefitted from tighter editing. Still, harmless enough as a Friday night with pizza and beer film, faint praise though that is to be damned with...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Korean action/horror show Hellbound is out tomorrow - noteworthy as it's from the creator of Train to Busan.

Not many reviews yet (those that are out seem very positive, but early days) so will have to wait and see what it's like. But fingers crossed it's more Train... and less Peninsula :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think if they shaved 30 minutes off that film, it would have pushed things from a middling-to-high-C grade to a high-B. The pacing just killed it; especially once the shít hit the fan and you'd reasonably expect the pulse to quicken - not stall. Everything else about the film ticked boxes nicely - only the production needed to hire a much better editor.

Blown Away: Christmas: Season 1 – ‘Tis the season for five returning glass-blowing artists to fill Netflix’s hot shop with festive designs.

tick, tick…BOOM! – Lin-Manuel Miranda’s film is an adaptation of the autobiographical musical by Jonathan Larson, who revolutionised theatre as the creator of Rent. The film follows Jon (Andrew Garfield), a young theatre composer who’s waiting tables in 1990 while writing what he hopes will be the next great American musical. Days before he’s due to showcase his work in a make-or-break performance, Jon is feeling the pressure from everywhere. With the clock ticking, Jon faces the question everyone must reckon with: What are we meant to do with the time we have?

Procession – Six men who were sexually abused by Catholic clergy as boys find empowerment by creating short films inspired by their trauma

Hellbound: Season 1 – From Train to Busan director Yeon Sang-ho, the Korean thriller is based on the webtoon Songgot and sees supernatural beings appear out of nowhere to condemn people to hell. It doesn’t matter whether these events are a blessing or a curse: a new religious group, led by Jung Jin-soo (Yoo Ah-in), is interpreting them all as the will of the divine.

Cowboy Bebop: Season 1 – he live-action remake of the iconic anime follows three bounty hunters, aka “cowboys,” all trying to outrun the past. As different as they are deadly, Spike Spiegel (John Cho), Jet Black (Mustafa Shakir), and Faye Valentine (Daniella Pineda) form a scrappy, snarky crew ready to hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals — for the right price. But they can only kick and quip their way out of so many scuffles before their pasts finally catch up with them.

Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 - Set sail with Captains Sandy and Mark as they manage messy yacht crews and demanding guests all on the picturesque Mediterranean Sea

I Am Not a Witch - Following a misunderstanding with villagers, an eight-year-old Zambian girl is sent to a witch camp where she faces a heartrending choice.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

Arcane is so good - sounds like you had the same experience and lashed them all out back to back. One of the few series’ I never once hit ‘Skip Intro’ either

wholeheartedly recommend it - no knowledge of the game necessary (may help but I’ve none and hasn’t stopped me loving it)

• Advertisement

I watched two episodes of Tiger King series 2 last night. I think I'll leave it, the star of the show is in prison so there's not much for them to work with. Lots of padded out interviews with some dodgy/boring characters, it's not a patch on the first series.

Advertisement