Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭.red.

They can't give you the money back any faster. Their website and sales approach is a joke but the slow refunds are out of their hands. They cancel the transaction the same time as they cancel the order. It literally takes the 3-5 working days to come back to you, every online shop who issues a refund is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

I am with Vodafone. I guess the deal won't work for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

When moving from 48, should i put Prepay or Billpay as the option?

They keep cancelling all orders now for me at this stage so presume I'm blacklisted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭flintash

So I am . Well , was until Monday.

Got my shiny new card from AnPost. Free plus one month for free all data call, txt, because i switched my voda number to anpost mobile.

And then I learned that anpost is run on voda network 😁. Will see, I will try to switch back to voda in next few days , and I will report it here.

By the way, that number has already been switched to voda years ago to avail of similiar offer 😀 So will see how it goes this time.

If anyone knows how often you can switch between providers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I assume as often as you like. But I'm on PM too and I wouldn't be changing to VF for good, far better value on PM

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DoubleMcGuffin

I've just had my third order (in 24 hours) cancelled trying to port a 48 number. First two times I used a BoI credit card and didn't see any money taken off so I assumed that they got an error trying to get payment. I tried chat support and first time they said there was a 'rare technical glitch' and that it would definitely work second time. Second time they said that it was an issue with payment so I used N26 the third time and the money was taken instantly. Now going to try a fourth time...

This all worked perfectly for me over a month ago when I ported a Lyca number.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Call and collect in your local store by calling (01) 539 3078 from 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Saturday (12:00 to 18:00 on Sundays)

That's the message I received from the online chat, for the call and collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

My daughter has this phone well over a year and I have tried numerous ways to add Google, but I was never successful, some would work but very glitchy, and others just didn't, there is an app locker apk thing that can be got but I would be very reluctant to input her Google account details to a third party app, so I just gave up, Huawei are slowly adding more and more apps to their app store. But none of the major ones like banking apps etc

• Advertisement

Short answer: No.

Long answer: it seems to be impossible. I read a bunch of forums and a lot of people tried and they concluded with after a certain EMUI version level it was impossible to do anything. I tried sideloading a bunch of APKs and tried microG and just about everything and I would get errors after successfully entering my Google password. The only Google app that would run, without needing to log in to Google, was Maps. Nobody on any forum had cracked this, as of October.

Since the phone was for my Dad all he needed was a way to sync contacts so the easy workaround was to add a Microsoft account and use Outlook for mail. I used APKpure and App Gallery for installing apps and that was more than enough for this use case. I knew this in advance and I specifically wanted a phone free of distractions with the simplest setup possible. I put on the Microsoft Launcher too and got rid of as much Huawei stuff as possible. The end result is good and with very good battery life because there's so little syncing going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭flintash

Sucks, you cannot port from AnPost mobile 😬

I wonder would comreg have an issue here, they're discriminating against users based on network choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Welcome to the rodeo! Would it not just be easier for everyone to hop in a car / bus to the nearest VF store? I've had no issues buying these offers instore for the last 4 years....

And if they say you can't port for Tesco for instance. Push them. Make them try. There is no fictional block. The staff are trained to tell you bollocks, basically. I've moved 48, Tesco, Three & Eir instore.

And YEAH... I had numerous failed online orders too with the same SIMs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kyleboy

Can anyone confirm if the Samsung galaxy a22 is unlocked or locked to Vodafone please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I had an order cancelled a couple of weeks ago. Do you reckon I should get a new sim to try again, or try the one I already used (an Eir one)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Just ordered there using a lyca sim..fingers crossed but not holding out any hope really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I was successful with my Eir SIM order. Decent enough phone for 70 euro. (Note 10 5g)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Had four attempts cancelled, using three 48, one Lyca.

Peed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Why? It's in the T&C's that you cannot port over from those networks for this offer. Seems some got lucky early on but it looks like they are not allowing it now. I tried myself with a Lyca sim last week online and in-store. No joy, but what can you do. Other option is to buy an Eir sim for a tenner and do it, I still might do that route as I was trying to get this phone for my mam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭sully123

Three failed lyka attempts. Just had a failed attempt with an eir SIM. Over 200e tied up in pending payments.

I'll go again with the eir

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

I went to my local Vodafone store yesterday and was told the €100 off offers were online only? They had some black friday offers but most cheap ones sold out.

Which is a better phone the TLC or the Xaoimi?

I assume you have to select a pay as you go plan (Starting at €20). Can this be cancelled/not toped up after one month easily?

Xiaomi. They are a great phone. I've the Redmi 9 which I got last year when the Amazon deal was on, cost around €120 or a bit more. Still going strong, great battery, decent camera, fast and responsive. I was coming from an iPhone and phones from Apple with specs way worse than the Redmi 9 were hundreds dearer.

Just checked today and T's + C's mention Lyca and Tesco Mobile as exclusions but nothing about 48. However, I've had 4 failed attempts now with 48 and each time I get on chat and get the most appalling service and ridiculous excuses for the cancellation. It just increases my determination to get a e240 Samsung for e100 but it's outrageous that Vodafone can instantly take money off customers without providing any notification or justification for cancelling an order that gets accepted by their systems and meets their terms and conditions.

Apologies. I thought 48 was there!

Agree. The chat is awful. They are based in India. Nothing wrong with that per se and nothing against the chat workers. But Irish operations should be based in Ireland.

Yes, sure I'm still waiting on my refund for last week. It's very annoying they don't notify you it's cancelled. I got on to chat yesterday as it was day 5 so I should have got my refund. They said they can see refund due to be processed today. Hopefully I get the refund in the next day or so.

I should have just got an Eir sim and went in store. I know it ends up being €30 more but it would have been less hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anybody know if apple phones are locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Wouldn't accept LYCA from me. Order cancelled. Worth a go though.

What sims are free to just get a number and switch. So I can get this deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Gusser09

None. They will only accept porting from Eir and Three according to in store staff.

Advertisement