Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Dwyer - latest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

tara73 wrote: »
    only poeple with a simililar sick mind are interested if he's palying the bass or whatever!

A bit hyperbolic, no? A lot of murders gain notoriety and the public's interest, Dwyer is just the latest in a long line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

A bit hyperbolic, no? A lot of murders gain notoriety and the public's interest, Dwyer is just the latest in a long line.

hyperbolic?
    so explain to me, why are you interested if he's palying the bass or not? why do you think this persons personal habits are interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

if you 're decent person, you don't care about the personal life of this low life.
    I gathered this thread is about the potential outcoming of the case and the appeal.

f** this low life, only poeple with a simililar sick mind are interested if he's palying the bass or whatever!

The words of a psychopath

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

hyperbolic?
    so explain to me, why are you interested if he's palying the bass or not? why do you think this persons personal habits are interesting?

Apologies, hyperbolic was the wrong word, switch in overwrought.

I haven't expressed any interest in his musical adventures, nor his personal habits, I'm just pointing out that murderers can and do attract a lot of public attention, this often extending to their habits. Suggesting those so interested are of a similar mindset to the murderer is nonsensical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

The words of a psychopath

sorry, what? you are calling yourself a psychopath here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Some parallel issues about mobile phone data coming up in the Graham Dwyer case

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40313687.html

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

Yeah he was given a bass, apologies you didn’t get the geddy Lee reference

A bass guitar? With at least four, maybe six, strings? Bad move if that's true. He could use them to hang himself. Worse still he could Rush a warden and strangle them.

if you 're decent person, you don't care about the personal life of this low life.
    I gathered this thread is about the potential outcoming of the case and the appeal.

f** this low life, only poeple with a simililar sick mind are interested if he's palying the bass or whatever!

There are a few people on this thread that would really make you wonder about people.

"Poor Graham, I hope he's keeping up his Bass guitar playing..."

:confused:

pawdee wrote: »
    A bass guitar? With at least four, maybe six, strings? Bad move if that's true. He could use them to hang himself. Worse still he could Rush a warden and strangle them.

4 looong strings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Oh I thought this was one of the more easy going forums where different opinions and interests were allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

pawdee wrote: »

He's not going to jeopardize any chances of being released.
    Now the first one....... I'm sure there's a lot of people would like to see that happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Some developments on whether any win for Dywer could be applied retrospectively today

I presume they wouldn't be able to retry this

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

So Dwyer got the "opinion" (not a ruling) he wanted today. Assuming the full ruling, and by extension, the Supreme Court pass it down next year, it has to be a retrial surely? Assuming the DPP feels there's still enough evidence to get a conviction without the mobile phone metadata.

Could have implications on the convictions of  Joe O’Reilly  and maybe others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If this results in a guilty man getting away with murder, you'd really have to question the modern concept of "justice".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭KaneToad

If I was ever before the courts I'd want the law to be applied fairly to me. Whatever we think about this lad, he has the same rights.

I always found Marie Cassidy's comments interesting

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/graham-dwyer-trial/state-pathologist-i-believed-graham-dwyer-would-be-cleared-of-murder-31316408.html

interesting only in the complete and utter stupidity of the comment and the inappropriate nature of making the comment in the first place

would you want to get off because a mistake was made by the prosecution or the police or in some government legislation

It was her professional opinion given after the trial. I don't think it was stupid. She was claiming that the absence of pathology evidence made a conviction unlikely. She was wrong though. The other evidence was enough.

Mind you, she may be proven right ultimately, if the phones stuff being disregarded results in a different outcome.

I'd want to be tried fairly based on the evidence available. That includes the evidence being correctly obtained. The law is black and white, sides argue and the people/judge decides.

• Advertisement

The fact she is a professional and has to give her opinion at these things makes it even more stupid that she would be commenting in this way post trial, that's the first stupid part.

And yes it was stupid given the weight of other evidence in the trial and her lack of understanding of how that evidence works, its like she was basing her comment only on her input

I partly agree with you. I think she might be full of her own importance in thinking that pathology was the be all and end all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I remember watching the documentary and thinking the way the evidence in the case was presented was very dodgy... i cannot remember the detail but they were my thoughts at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She is an expert in pathology not in the technical or legal aspects of a murder trial. She should stick to what she is best at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

you might be able to enlighten us on the dodgy presentation of the evidence

and it might not be done

I guess she is no different to the other armchair experts on boards.ie (myself included)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement