Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cait Nic Run

We didn't get any retro RnR sraith 4 today on Youtube? Cad a tharla?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

GRMA. They're up now. But they were much later than usual. Usually they go up about the same time as the current series Tues/Thurs.

Yeah, I noticed that got into the habit of watching an old 90’s YouTube RnR before the latest one. Glad I wasn’t the only one thrown by it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

So...looks like Caoilfhionn is stepping up to do the responsible thing. But I suspect Imelda is doing to talk her out of it because it will make things too complicated. And if it's true Caoilfhionn uploaded from another place, they'll be forced to conclude there was a copy "out there".

I do like these micro coming of age arcs:

Vanessa, Mo, Ronan, even Pol to an extent. Remember when Vanessa was this teen brat acting out every five minutes? She had a good excuse---her parents had a bad divorce--but still. I really disliked her until after Yvonne died and she started acting her age.

Caoilfhionn has a young Vanessa vibe.

• Advertisement

Tá eolas nua agam! I was refreshing the playlist(Still not up? GRRR!), and noticed under suggested videos a new one that had been upped 20 hours ago. That would be about the time we used to expect them. So for some reason they either aren't showing up in the playlist or the person running the account isn't tech savvy enough to put them there on time. Remember there would be three or four blank unavailable videos at the end of the list? I think the were scheduled to go live on time.

So they're there, but you have to go to the channel page to find them until whom ever wakes up and moves them to the playlist.

Now, how does one apply to be a RnR intern? 😀

GRMA - Caitríona Ní Loideáin will looking to interview you for that 'scuip mór'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mairindubh

Dia daoibh a chairde! Long time reader first time poster. Did anyone see tonight's episode where Briain seems totally broken down... I found the final moments unnerving - is that some kind of foreshadowing going on?

I have not caught up on the latest RnR yet. But the one previous with the Germans in the BnB is a nice nod to the early 90’s RnR’s which had the same issue- fussy Germans.

He is finally going to snap it depends who is rage is going to be aimed at Caolfhinn/Sorcha/Berni. Music was sinister for a reason!

My assumption by the end of it is Imelda/Caolfhionn are placed in danger by Briain and they survive - and all is forgiven between Mother and Daughter etc.

There is one thing about the Briain storyline never found out about. He left a promising Aussie Rules career in Australia for RnR - it was implied there was some untold background to it. But it was never revealed. It would be nice if evidence came to light that he committed a crime there to tie up the storyline a bit.

• Advertisement

I only found out there is a family connection between two of the new Ros na Rún actors and one of the older veterans.

Áine Ní Dhubhghaill (Caoilfhionn) and Eoin Ó Dubhghaill (Fiach) are real-life brother and sister. Máirtín Ó Dubhghaill (Cóili Jackie) is their real life father.

Now you mention it, I totally see it. Especially Áine and Máirtín. Their faces are similar around the eyes.

Yer man Eoin Ó Dubhghaill that acts as Fiach - has Máirtín (Colí Jackie's) nose for sure as well. Now that I see the resemblance. Can't believe I did not spot it before.

I was wondering are they just going to write Máire off slowly?

Surely the writers would have to give her some sort of dramatic finale?

Breathing in a load of Asbestos when she comes back to the BnB???

I was thinking maybe Máire Uí Droighneáin was having health problems? But she looked okay during the TG4 interview on Tom Sailí Ó Flaithearta death.

On that note, I've been waiting for Colin's funeral. We know Sarah is still alive in the show, Maire gets calls from her. And she(Bairbre Hergett aka Sarah) was also in that TG4 clip, and let me tell you, she looks like someone's really cool great aunt. Not a day over 65.

Still kicking in 2018:

(I'm not allowed to post images yet???)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Berni bocht! I wonder what she'll do now...

On Nuacht last week or earlier this week? they had a brief clip about series 25 filming wrapping up. There were a couple of clips, one with Bernie and Briain at a table in what looked like a hostage situation: she was very still and wary and he was running his mouth about how hard done by he was. I think that couple be how this season ends.😲

Ceist eile: What happened between Caitriona and Malachai? Clearly they didn't stay together. But in current RnR they don't seem to give any impression they know each other as more than passing acquaintances. Certainly not former lovers.

I can't remember if she ever said anything to Frances.

Wasn't much of a hit Berni got with that football. It was the only let down in the last episode, but it was so poorly done. They are never great at recreating accidents/falls in general in RnR.

• Advertisement

I think they're a bit limited in the stunt department. They have what, a mattress for people to fall on?

I was more annoyed with Annette and her spawn. I'm 100% against corporal punishment but Annette clearly has taught her kids there's no consequences at all. Or remember when she had her kid bouncing off the wall's at Charlies and Colm's? And she said, "He's a boy!"

I was raised running around with boys on and off a farm. We were NEVER allowed to run around a farmhouse like that, much less in someone else's home. That was when we were told to "Go outside!" Except we already knew that and were already there.

I guess they have to make drama somehow on a slow day....

Tadgh is an absolute legend!

A legend that about to take an interesting turn, is dóigh. Cad a cheapann sibh atá  fadhb leis an Meiriceánach?

I think it will be a land dispute or contested ownership of the pub from a distant relative. Those are the only things that Tadgh would care about.

I have just caught up with the recent RnR's have to laugh at the character Sonny from America. I have an old Uncle his siblings call Sonny who is in America.

Anyway quality of the RnR's has been well done. They seem to have new writers now? Maybe I am wrong - but it seems fresh - new pair of eyes etc. Nothing like a tussle over land in rural Ireland. I hope they find good angles for this Sonny v Tadgh one. The impression I get is the writers seem to have already framed Sonny and Tadgh as having an unspoken respect for each other.

Things heating up Tadgh v Sonny - Tony and Berni. I do find it a bit odd watching the old RnR’s and new ones. Berni pregnant in both over 22 years apart at what feels like the same time.

T v S

Gan dabht! Now everything that came out about Maggie and Tadgh is rushing back. Technically Tadgh is not an O'Direann--good thing DNA tests weren't around then! And everything we've heard about Taghh's father ...well, lets just say Tadgh got his dubious moral compass from that upbringing. So it wouldn't surprise me if there was stolen land funny business.

Very good episode! I wonder what happened to Charlie. Poor Ronan will be prime suspect now!

Charle got emotional at the best of times. I am sure Colm not showing up. Knowing she sent Mo the text sent her over the edge.

Plus this means there will be questions as to why Charlie did what she did. Bringing Gardai attention on Catriona, Tadgh, Colm - reigniting the Frances investigation etc eventually.

But for the moment poor Ronan will be the patsy. The poor fecker has only learnt to write. And the first time he signs his name will be in a Garda station.

I thought it strange they didn't mention how Charlie died....was it suicide, was it an attack? I thought it was strange. The body seemed to be realised fairly quickly too....

I can't help but feel sorry for Tadhg :(

• Advertisement

I just caught up. To be honest I am kind of glad Charlie's character is gone they seemed to have run out of things to do with her. Other than annoy Colm and get Annette to act as a skivvy for her. They did get rid of her very quick, obviously had it planned with the headaches etc. I was sure they were going to milk her death for ages like the Katy v Dee storyline. I am glad they didn't.

I predict that Mo will make an appearance back shortly to play happy families and adopt Harry. But obviously a certain issue will have to be sorted out first.

It was great to see 'Kibosh' make an appearance again in the writing! I laugh every time I hear it now.

I think the show is ticking along nicely now, nothing really silly in it.

Advertisement