Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Done Nkunku, cost me 5k in coins, hope hes better then his 86 card, gonna switch Wirtz up front with Lewandowski and see if he can get the better of Zlatan that top class CB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

70k up selling a load of silvers for the new league SBCs 😂

Looking forward to Malen getting an upgrade tomorrow, 65 in 77 games and only 80ovr, think i read he jumps to 84 if they win, if only i could have brought Van Bergen from fifa 21 to join him 😄

I just quit a match at 0-0 where i had 17 shots on target to 1, honestly i just dont know anymore, game before, i had 4 goals from 6, next game 0 from 17

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

What is up with the Squad Battle AI today? I've played 5 matches and the AI has had 4 red cards. 2 reds in the same match. I even got a penalty!

• Advertisement

2 more 82+ PAS packs. Promo Hummels, and IF Kane.

Kane will be an awesome one for a good SBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

83 isn’t it? 80 goes to 83 on first upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

On 2nd thoughts, I’m not going to do the POTM. The upgrade doesn’t seem worth it over the Rulebreaker.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

After getting totally fed up with my awful pack luck, I did a bit of an experiment and bought 5 packs from the store.

There is definitely something that makes the bought packs far better. First 3 packs got a Benzema, the promo Neuhaus, and some Russian TOTW player which worked out at about 60k profit.

The packs you earn in the game are definitely nerfed IMO.

On another note, only 20k short of Di Natale! Would I be mad to buy him this week though with black friday coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah Black Friday or the build up to it, he’s gonna drop more. I’m in two minds as to whether or not I’m gonna sell Ginola… I’ve made enough anyway to cover any losses I’d make on him, but I’d also like the extra coins and save for a TOTY Mbappe.

• Advertisement

I think I'm going to buy him anyway. Been saving too long for this, screw it. If he drops loads, he drops loads. So long as he doesn't end up like half price I'll survive!

Is it? Ah well, he'll still be better then current rating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Who's the best player, ideally an icon, at 2 million or less at the moment.

Looking for someone to aim for who would be a massive game changer.

Hero Ginola or Mbappe I know would be up there, but just won't fit my team unless I change it completely.

I'm thinking mid Eto'o (I'd move Di Natale for CAM) or mid Maradona to play CAM (although the 3 star weak foot on a 2m player is madness).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mid Torres absolutely violated my defence in two WL matches last week, the players using him were sh*te too so I dread to think how good he’d be if used properly.

Haven’t used him myself, but he’s just under 1 million at the moment and he’s the one I’d go for in your position, but there’s probably a bit of LFC bias there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Good luck man! Prob only be maybe a 100k drop max but that’ll be it.

Also, if anyone has time to waste, sniping gold commons from Prem for 650 and selling for 850 instant. Made a good 15k in 10 mins with it.

Bought him there and played a few games. I like!

He came with the Hunter chem, I think I'm going to switch him to Hawk though. I think I need a new formation than this 4-2-3-1, or else I may switch him from ST.

There’s some players who, if you plan on using for the rest of the game, you shouldn’t over worry about coins. Reality is you hit a point quick where you’re team isn’t going to improve massively by having coins anyway, the game starts throwing free promo cards at you, and I’d rather be down coins and have fun now than worry about coins that will be worthless in nine months anyway.

I think I paid 90k for Bruno, and he’s likely worth a third of that now. Don’t care, I love him and have had mad fun with him. That’s worth the lost coins.

This game is, IMO, totally broken since the latest patch / season end. Whatever they have changed turned gameplay into a mess.

Rebounds, rebounds, rebounds. And Kimpembe.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Di Natale was my main goal this FIFA. Saved and traded to get him and paid 780k for him a couple of weeks ago. Even if he drops to 500k over the next week I couldn't care less.

The enjoyment from using him, especially relatively early in the game when he really stands out, is worth more to me than losing a couple of hundred thousand of a virtual currency.

I've been guilty in past FIFA's of focusing too much on coins but the reality is 1) it's a virtual currency that will be worth exactly nothing in a few months and 2) if you are afraid to spend them you miss out on players you want to use and have fun with as everyone will begin to have the same teams full of promo players shortly.

The way some people go on (not on here) you'd think they were the CEO with financial responsibility of a top company they way they are going on about losing a virtual coins on a video game.

• Advertisement

What position do you play Di Natale in BrentMused? And what chem? I know you use the 4-2-3-1.

Yup.

4-2-3-1.

Di Natale as the ST with a hawk 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I think they begin to tweak the quality of the bigger cards as more promos come out i.e. in order to keep a hierarchy of “top tier” cards they make sure all cards are relative to each other in their ability.

As in at the start of the game, the top gold cards are the best in the game, but relative to some mid-80s they’re not miles ahead in matches because if they were then the game would be unbalanced and tonnes of matches would be uncompetitive.

However, as the seasons go on promo cards come out, and they have to be inserted into this hierarchy somewhere. They usually have to be better than their gold equivalent, but not so good that it makes them as good as top tier icons for instance otherwise people have no reason to spend money on packs to chase those players.

So what you get is the floor of some of the “good” early game cards being lowered to make room for them, people subsequently realising their team isn’t as competitive as it was two weeks ago, and so the promos seem attractive alternatives and people upgrade to them by playing or by spending money.

except in real terms their team isn’t any more competitive than it originally was at the very beginning. They’re just back to achieving the same record they once were but of course the user feels like they have improved and keep playing in order to try and “improve” more.

These incremental adjustments are the definition of a carrot and stick approach to maintaining a player base, but it’s still addictive as ****, even when you’re aware of it.

It’s why LordTSC is correct above when they say don’t fret too much over coins. Buy the players now that allow you to enjoy the game now because in a couple of months time there’ll be another card better and that cycle will keep going on until the year is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

That insigne sbc card is like the new fekir, tearing my defence apart at will. If i was running a Serie a team id be getting him in.

Gold Insigne on the left, RTTK Politano on the right.

Do you do slow build up and balanced defending?

The NU Neuhaus card is so terrible that I can't even sell him for MIN.

This promo has been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Finished my WL 8-5 and gave away the rest. Got nothing of note, IF Johnny Evans being the highlight. Happy Mbappe hunting everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

He has such low strength though, I'd imagine he gets pushed off the ball too easily.

Advertisement