Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best website for ordering bike stuff

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Found them a few days quicker than Chain Reaction/ Wiggle since Brexit fully kicked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

For clothing, helmet & shoes Ive used Ekoi a few times. Reasonable prices, good choices and they give you the option to pay in installments on some items for no charge. Stuff comes from France so just need to careful on sizing

I should add, my latest order was with CycleSuperstore. If they have it stock, they're quite competitive price wise with the CI discount and free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I wanted to get a Smart half-Watt rear light (legacy reasons) and they had them. No problems with delivery either. Used a few Dutch sites lately for a ring lock, dynohub internal assembly, rear reflector/light, roller brake and other very Dutch stuff. If anyone's interested I can look up what the sites were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I see I mentioned two of them already a few posts and a few months ago. I've used at least one other Dutch site since then, and, as I said, bikeinn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Since brexit do they include vat and customs charges so what you see is what you pay,no extras on doorstep?

if you are in a hurry which online vendor?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

In my experience, Chain Reaction are by far the quickest. They use Fastway - I've never had an issue with them but I know some on here would strongly disagree.

Found them slower than the German options since July. Cyclesuperstore the quickest, if they have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

bike-discount.de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Less than a week delivery of new handlebars from bike-discount.de. Cheers for the heads up folks

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Not sure if this is relevant, as no great bargains as such, but Cycletribe.ie based in an industrial estate in Dublin have very quick delivery.

In my case at least I ordered at 10.35am and received it at about 11.20am the next day, (I'm also based in Dublin). They also do free delivery within Ireland for orders over €30. I think that included Northern Ireland, but can't be 100% sure off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

That must be rapid fast delivery from Germany because I usually have stuff from CRC delivered in four working days. My last order was in late September.

Agreed on Cyclesuperstore. I've only had them deliver once during the first lockdown as the bricks and mortar shop was closed. I usually do click and collect or just call in as I'm only a few km from the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,388 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The last while CRC have been pretty poor at least a week. My last order though took 3 days.

Ordered from Bike Discount on Monday evening, delivered Saturday, as they use DPD who deliver on Saturday.

Personally, I prefer the EU consumer protection cover anyway. It's not just about price and speed of delivery. A day or two either way can be down to the courier as much as the site tbh, even down to the local depot. But I also go DPD over fastway, who CRC use, if I have the choice.

Bike Discount as of 5mins ago,lets hope i have them tyres by the weekend,thanks all!

Advertisement