Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bunch of psuedo edgy folk trying to make a name for themselves, Randal. Of little consequence.

Chancers looking for jobs in RTE in later life.

Shut down, disbanded, told to ‘take a hike’…

Decisive action as usual……… now jog on….nothing to see here…..chop … chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So you already knew how it was related to Varadkar being the subject of a criminal investigation in a different thread, but decided to pretend you didn't know what it has to do with him in this thread. Makes sense.

Besides, a YFG branch being neutered by YFG would be relevant to the FFG thread, the reason for it being shut down and positions made vacant - relevant to this one.

Are you complaining about cosgrave trying to close down free speech in this thread, and then trying to stifle it in the same thread too?

My my.

Art O'Mahony?

The new nice guy act, to replace KFW didn't last long Brenner.

He actually did know, he posted about it in another thread, just acted all dumb here to troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Did I not just witness yourself and blanch152 try and (deliberately in my opinion) blur the lines yesterday between this "Cosgrave" individuals private business affairs, and any possible civil case that may or may not arise with it, and that of his interactions with the guards in reference to Varadkar?

Now you're asking what has the YFG Kilkenny branch, being forced out, "their positions made vacant" (sounds like something from somewhere within the 1980s Soviet Bloc to be honest) because of their disquiet, and dissatisfaction with Leo being under criminal investigation specifically because of "Leo and the documents he gave to NAGP" .... "got to do with this thread"?

Either you're purposely trying to frustrate and goad readers that check in here, or (as mentioned up above) you've literally let blind allegiance trip you up.

Either scenario, not a particularly good look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

When you have finished loling at the "Sinn Fein maths", might I suggest taking a breather, recompose yourself, and start loling at this instead.

Obviously them little scamp's have been reading your constant whinging about Varadkars criminal investigation, and describing it as goading, they've decided to completely take the piss from you Marine by repeating it...

Here it is in case you missed it.

Is it considered "goading" when your own youth wing states what is factually correct about their own party's leader?

Some riddle all the same. 🤣

How long did it take you to type that? It makes no sense

Some gibberish about me, and nothing of substance in reply to my post

6 yfg members are referred to as half its youth wing,care to back that up?

12 members in yfg is it ?

I'm sure he meant literally mathematically half of YFG and wasn't speaking idiomatically. I'm certain.

• Advertisement

Let me clarify, across multiple posts you accused people here of "goading" you , or to be factually correct, "your side".

I'm outright asking you if you consider the Kilkenny branch of YFG to be goading anyone, for using the factually correct term to describe their own parts leaders predicament, (specifically that he is the subject of a criminal investigation)?

I was on the money early on, "goading" was your code for "this is an uncomfortable truth".

(To answer your first question, not long at all bud, on the tablet in bed, it does most of the work for me, to answer your last question, why would i clarify presumably someone else's post (became i didn't describe them as "half") for you?)

Keep your shirt on. You're the one jumping up and down on the head of a pin over an idiomatic term.

I never said you were good at the goading

Thats your main problem ,you're not

Mind you,there's not a whole lot to work with

I never said you were good at the goading

That's convenient, because I didn't say that you did say that.

That's two posts on the trot now that you seem to have thought I posted something I didn't post. It would be easier for all concerned if you stuck to discussing what I actually posted, instead of basing your whole post on something i didn't.

Oh, and while you're here, you didn't answer the question.

Do you think Kilkenny YFG were trying to goad anyone by releasing a statement that mentioned Varadkar being under criminal investigation?

Would you describe them as using "pseudonyms" perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Not only must KK YFG have access to the Garda files, they must have had someone hiding under the Cabinet table as well. Those are the only ways they could stand over what they are saying.

Turns out its just a bunch of little homophobic hicks, probably loyal to Phil Hogan (its his patch), trying to get some sort of revenge for Hogan being made walk the plank.

Anyway, it was amateurish and it was nasty. Decommissioning the branch out of existence was the only appropriate step.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Quit the bickering or you can expect threadbans and possible further sanction

Whoa, this post has anything and everything in it, from the faux homophobic accusations, to describing rural members YFG as "hicks", and the full on conspiracy theories about Hogan, and access to Garda files.

Maybe the lads in Kilkenny just read the media like the rest of us?

Gardaí have confirmed an investigation is under way into the circumstances surrounding the disclosure of a confidential Government document to a friend of the Tánaiste almost two years ago.

Leo Varadkar told the Dáil he gave a copy of an agreement between the State and the Irish Medical Organisation to Maitiú Ó Túathail, the then president of a rival GP organisation, the National Association of General Practitioners in April 2019.

The garda investigation, which has now been upgraded from an initial scoping exercise, will determine the facts surrounding the incident and gather evidence for a file to be submitted to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Can you point out what you believe to be untrue in their statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,655 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You are really struggling to make something out of this. Is it three or four times the same content has been posted, and it is as irrelevant this time as it was the other few times.

Reading the newspaper article, there doesn't seem to be any suggestion of the Kilkenny branch being disbanded. A couple of people resigned, somebody put something up on the Twitter account without consulting members, and now an EGM is being held to elect new people. All fairly routine stuff. I was wondering why someone had dug something out from some obscure corner of the Twittersphere and it had no old media pick-up if it was such a scandal. It turns out that it seems to be because the old media pick-up is telling a different story to the slant on here.

The boy Larbre nailed it, Randal, short and succinct.

I love the faux ‘outrage’ at the language used.

An oasis of sense in a sea of garbage, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

The only thing being made out of it is discussion on the facts. Trying to get people to move on or dismiss it seems odd.

We'd a thread devoted to a politician calling around to a fellow party member but the youth wing of FG having a branch closed because they see their leader as unfit is nothing? Sure.

Well, you obviously haven't read the article. It seems that it is a single person, maybe two, with access to the Twitter account who see the leader is unfit. It says there was no consultation with members so presumably no meeting to discuss and agree a position, no motion, no usual stuff, just a couple of people going off on one. As I have said before, if you spend your time down in the Twitter sewers all the time, this is the sort of stuff that you will find, and if you are down there long enough, this is the sort of stuff you will think important or interesting but in reality, it is nothing.

Its important enough for yourself and others to tell us to ignore it.

where did I make any claim about the details and who looks after their twitter? Point stands, people are discussing what happened. Others are saying we shouldn't just because it involves Varadkar and FG.

The defence now seems to be FG were right to shut the branch down, but it was only one or two "hicks" any way.

#notanormalparty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not to worry lads, Leo is already out on a recruitment drive for new Baby Blueshirts 👍️

Let's be clear

Noone is telling you not to discuss this

So off up the yard with that

You can discuss it amongst yourselves ad infinitum if that's your bag

What people on the other side of this thread are simply saying and will occasionally remind you of,is that something is immaterial or that its constant repetition

In those circumstances it's unlikely that this side of the thread will engage much

Theres no point,theres better fun elsewhere on the Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

There's a number of words I would suggest as an appropriate way to describe Larbe34's post Brendan Bendar, "nailed it" however would definitel not be one of them.

Lets discuss what exactly you believe he has "nailed" in the above. In order to that, we will need to break his post with what I believe would be key points, so, if it's ok with you, I'll post them individually, and perhaps you'll be good enough to air your opinions on them.

1 "Not only must KK YFG have access to the Garda files, they must have had someone hiding under the Cabinet table as well. Those are the only ways they could stand over what they are saying"

Why would the youth wing of Varadkars own party need to have access to Garda files, or have been "hiding" at a cabinet meeting? Is there supposed to be a massive secret surrounding Leo' currently being criminally investigated by the Garda? Am I mistaken in thinking this has been widely reported across all sections of MSM and in various TV talk shows? Has Leo Varadkar himself not confirmed this by being "confident he would ultimately not be charged"?

2 "Turns out its just a bunch of little homophobic hicks, probably loyal to Phil Hogan (its his patch), trying to get some sort of revenge for Hogan being made walk the plank."

This one is simply a haze of bewilderment on various levels. Lets begin with the homophobic accusations, has the definition of being "homophobic" changed somewhere along the line, because my understanding of the word was it refers to a general dislike to, or showing some prejudice to homosexual people. Can you show me where in their statement the homophobia angle is? And while we are on the subject, are you suggesting that some "homophobic" young men or women have been drawn towards the youth wing of Fine Gael? Was this a "Freudian Slip" by Larbe34, or did he not realise the absolute nonsense he was posting?

Secondly, with the Phil Hogan "coup" accusation, is he inadvertently suggesting there's some internal unrest within Fine Gael? Is this supposedly a party at war with each other, tearing itself apart that us "outsiders" are not privy to? This is simply wonderful news if true. I'll certainly enjoy watching that.

The "hick" description of these same young people is not only derogatory, and extremely stereotypical when it comes to describing member's of YFG just because they happen to come from a rural setting. Other rural members of the same party he presumably supports, might not look on it particularly favourably though.

I may not log in, and partake in discussion here as often as I would like to I'm juggling an extremely time consuming, full time job that has a fair bit of commuting between here and Dublin involved, (I'm rural you see) with a wife and young child, but I'll make time this evening to check in, and hopefully read your reply to the above, I will 110% make sure to set some time aside for it! (I'm intrigued here to be honest)

I look forward to your clarification on the above.

Brendan Bendar, the floor, is yours.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with this post.

When I first saw the post with all the Twitter links, I thought another Twitter dump. Then it was posted on several threads and repeated about three times here and I wondered, maybe there is something to this. Rather than sift through the Twitter sewer, I looked for news articles on it and found it was all something trivial, some guys resigning, someone with access to the Twitter account going off on one without consultation or discussion, and someone tidying things up by getting everyone into a room for a meeting. All pretty nondescript and normal, and I haven't hesitated in pointing that out. They can keep discussing it for as long as they like but there must be better things to discuss.

And the rabbit hole is yours, a chara

Not a big enough idiot to go down it.

• Advertisement

Heh heh my ‘finest moment’ as you say is I’m not a big enough idiot to spend the weekend going down rabbit holes.

Slipping up badly would be doing that, a chara.🤣

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement