Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Saw one recently, started with the gutters, moved onto to Tarmac and somehow ended up sweeping chimney 😅

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I regularly see pensioners blowing 10% or more of their pension in one go on de Lotto and scratchcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

And these gambling heads drag you into their places with a gun to your head caller ?

No, you say.

So they raid your bank accounts then ?

No, you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

no way in hell are any betting company coming on air

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭touts

Tony10? The chancer who is making a fortune on books, speaking engagements, training for schools etc while the 3 or 4 managers in An Post who got fired as a result of missing his fraudulent activities are in poverty on the dole? The bookies weren't the only scumbag in that story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭golondrinas

You can also spot the gamblers. Restless ,no concentration , I could go on. What effects me more is minimum pricing. Will the minimum bet go up to 100€ . Shows the bolloxology of it all.

I use betfair from time to time, they stopped the use of credit cards to deposit money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Thats the book indeed, and no im not saying hes a good person for what he done etc, but its a good look into the damage that was caused

M

PaddyPower should offer odds on whether D'Arcy will fook up the buttons or not on a given day.

I worked in Mullingar next to a bookies. I swear the same people in the bookies every day of the week, most spending the entire day in the bookies. I just don't get how people can afford it. All walks of life including, young and old.

• Advertisement

• Maybe a recovering gambling addict should keep as far away from gambling sites as far as possible, the way a recovering alcoholic is better off not hanging around drinking-focussed public houses.

We apologise for the error and will be giving everyone contacted a free €20 bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I think poor Joe must have lost a few Euro on the ponies at the weekend.

Ah. Grow up FFS

Get some white van drivers on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I went to the pub to watch a game recently.

There was a table of young lads there. Anytime I glanced over at them during the game they were stuck on their phones, telling each other about scores in other games, the odds on how many corners the team would have, yellow cards, man of thee match and so on an so forth.

They probably saw about 10 minutes of the actual game, their attention was totally and utterly drawn to the bookies.

It's a massive problem that is only going to get worse.

It's a shocking addiction and i know a few who've lost everything, including marriages and home's

• He needs to totally avoid any sources of gambling, remove himself from websites, from any influence, if he’s serious about recovery. For an addict to continue to engage with the focus of their demons, it demonstrates they are still in the deep sh1t. Very difficult in Ireland for an alcoholic to avoid alcohol, but you have to actually seek out gambling as not everyone else around you is doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

So, Ladbrokes broke lad.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Most alcoholics load up outside the pub environment.

'da roof under my head'

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Does he have any tips for the Troytown on Sunday ? Would be great to know what one he fancies so I can stay away from it.

Ohhhhhhhh.......legal threat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I work too hard for my money. The thoughts of putting 100 euro or more on a bet would terrify me. 😒😰

M

RTE stops the childrens movie on a Saturday night for the Lotto, it's in no position to talk about gambling.

Gambling ads on before during and after every match on TV. Listen of Off the Ball and its in association with some Bookies. Open up Twitter and you'll have gambling ads popping up on your feed.

Joe you won the Lottery years ago. About €10 million from RTE since the millennium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Callum Robinsons top 5 goals

M

The dogs is another joke.

• Advertisement

• My uncle lost his two horses, his own/wife/child’s house and his clients houses, everything. His wife stood by very well, bless her, although there were inevitably rows. The ripples through the family went on for years and years and years. My mother worked through the night to help pay her brother-in-law’s debts for the sake of the rest of the family, his son etc. The son grew up very abstemious with money, plenty of it but never spent a cent. No wonder, he had felt so insecure!

Incidentally my mother was actually fond of the bro-in-law that caused so much trouble. He was a nice basically decent guy, at heart, but the centre of such much grief.

Advertisement