Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Jesus christ it's cringeworthy

How embarrassing 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Watch it and tell us how you feel! I genuinely couldn't watch it all, I started to feel physical pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I couldn’t be dealing with Ellen and Meghan markle. Sorry now but I did eventually watch the important clips of the Oprah interview and that painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Imagine being accused of being a bully and going to the show of someone accused of being a bully while your brother and sister in law are attending an event about anti-bullying. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sweet mother of Jesus, what a tit!

If she needs to do that for publicity so soon after gaining "independence" the future looks daunting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I don't believe for a second Netflix gave them 100mill in cash. I think the deal was like a loan from a bank. Netflix acting like a bank here. And everybody who is a bit familiar with what a loan from a bank means knows that, say, the 200.000€ the bank loans you, it's not sitting in their safe as actual hard cash and they hand it over to you. No, that money isn't there! It's just a number on a paper/electric impulses on a computer screen and the one taking out the loan, building a house or building up a profitable business, are creating a value which wasn't there before. That bank just allows you to work your ass off. And if everything fails, you still have to pay that loan. Just a small insight in the scam world of the financial system for people not aware and why the banks (and only the people at the top there) always win if there isn't a crash like 2008.

so no risk for Netflix involved at all, like there's never any real risk for banks. maybe Netflix and Co gave them some petty money regarding their lifestyle like 3 or 4 million as a motivation and even more petty money netflixwise. the rest is now up to them to deliver results. I can imagine Netflix and Co made it subtly clear they will be dropped like a hot potatoe at some stage and 'miracously' media articles turning nasty towards them if they don't deliver, whatever that means. I think the Netflix guys on top have a lot of fun watching the two making fools of themselves more and more. Lot of entertainment for them, knowing they are always in power.

that actually got me thinking H+M know the game is up pretty soon, and she actually starts acting incomprehensible silly to take control being ahead of Netflix and their media buddies, taking the wind out of their sails so to say. Before they start ridiculing her and her husband, she's doing it herself and can say: look, this is just me, it's not the media turning against us..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sweet mother of Jesus, what a tit!

This pretty much sums up my reaction also. WTF!

Perhaps the most cringeworthy television I've seen in years - an egocentric narcissist trying to promote her book that tanked in the ratings.

Both Ellen and Meghan have a lot in common, in fairness - as both have been accused of bullying their own staff. So they must have had lots to catch up on over afternoon tea.

All the while Meghan is still cashing in on the title of Duchess of Sussex, despite trashing the royal family itself - and now, just when you thought she couldn't sink any lower, starts parading around like some C-list celebrity making a total fool and embarrassment of herself.

Shameless, sociopathic social climber. I can't think of one redeeming feature about that awful woman.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And quitting the royal family, yet continuing to use titles. 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Seems like they want to be all those things and more. Its a bizarre mindset to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah, I could only watch a couple of minutes. Cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

Likewise, I had to give up watching the 'prank' after a couple of minutes. Extremely cringy. Was surprised that Harry didn't make a surprise appearance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Staleturnips

This.

Its the most ridiculous thing. I'm struggling to come up with a suitable analogy......its like broadcasting how rotten an institute is after choosing join that institute, choosing to leave that institute while still remaining part of it and then broadcasting about the horridness of broadcasting.

Well actually, marrying her is probably more ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Two reprehensible yokes. The control freak really coming out in Degenerate there. Mind you, she couldn't be doing it to a nicer individual.

These non entities will eat themselves up eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

...and that Ellen whoever telling him to eat a cookie like a chip monkey..jesus, imagining that made me really laugh...

But I actually was thinking maybe this is a cultural thing. the americans can often appear very silly and to a point indeed cringy in the eyes of europeans I think but for them it's just having a bit of fun and we are, in their eyes, too serious and stiff all the time...would be interesting what an american would say to this and how it's received in the US. Wasn't here a poster from the US ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Why on earth anyone would appear on Ellen's show? To support a bully?

And you can order me to eat like a chip monkey to the whole world to see and I will obey, but don't you dare musing about the skin colour of my child in a family setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

Her need for validation and worship are off the charts life must be **** for that prince harry at home with her 24/7 and their friends are degenerate & the once beautiful Portia de Rossi. They really are being deluded into believing the American public adore her. I bet their PR company are laughing all the way to the bank and charging them well every week. They just dont get it.

She never realized the difference between royalty & celebrity & made a bad choice chosing celebrity. Now she must botox and inject and spend her money trying to stay young for credibility whereas the royals dont bother they dont have to royal is regal and they dont need to be loved they just are . Stupid woman had it all for an easy life and chose to think celebrity was higher than royal. Water always finds its own level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

16 bathrooms and their shot don’t stank. One of them bathrooms is bound to flood.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

^^ She might have to marry a presidential candidate instead!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

That would be more likely than her running for office herself. But even then I doubt she wants that life - There's a lot of work involved in being the wife of a high ranking politician, as well as intense scrutiny and criticism. Her brief stint in the RF is as close to a political role as she can get and she hated it so I doubt she wants the actual life of it. Besides, if you were an ambitious politician she's not really a safe bet as a docile spouse you could wheel out amid scandals to add to your image, she's too widely disliked.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Hate to break to you Mary but these “regal” people are no better than anyone else- by accident of birth they have been born into extraordinary wealth and privilege that’s all. They have achieved nothing in life with their own hard work and talent.

If anything people who are shielding an alleged sex offender from being questioned are WORSE!

Also worth noting that Kate seems to have gotten Botox too, her forehead and eye area are noticeably smoother and shinier.

Ok a few tweaks versus the hollywood look they all seem to go for these days !!:)

I agree that they are royal by the luck of the draw but they tend to behave in puiblic and keep the dirty linen in the linen basket. Not convinced Andrew i s totally guilty why are gates & clinton (28 journies on lolita express!!!) not being brought to answer only andrew being used as the fall guy. Very odd there seems to be a huge push against the monarchy by Americans.

If Andrew had cooperated and talked to the FBI he could have cleared his name if innocent.

Being hidden from public view makes him look guilty, there's also the photo he claims was photoshopped, the weird sweating disorder claim, said he was in a branch of Pizza Hut according to his royal diary ... a branch that didn't exist at the time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

I think he just didn’t want to own up to the two-for-a-dollar pizza place he actually patronized.

• Advertisement

The other er, friends are immune from prosecution thanks to an agreement signed, that Andrew thought covered him. You must remember that she was of age according to English law.

Advertisement