Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need debit card to be reissued to my new address

Options
  • 19-11-2021 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi,

I lost my debit card a few months ago and it was delivered to the wrong address as BOI received it back as undelivered. I updated my address through 365online 2 weeks ago and i can't find any means of getting in touch with BOI to resend the debit card. I messaged the 365online helpdesk and got the usual ring 0818 251 251 message and there's no option in the robot message for resending Debit card and i even chose and option to go to an agent and they put me right back in the automated robot routing system . This is an absolute shambles of passing the buck and very difficult for me considering that i'm hard of hearing. I'm still waiting on the call for 20 mins and no luck.

please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Can we just confirm if you would like to order a replacement Visa Debit Card? Or Credit Card?

If it is a Visa Debit Card, you can contact our Customer Service Team either by phone on 0818 365 365, or by Secure Message on your 365 online by following 'Services’ > ‘Send us a Message’. Our Customer Service Team are available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

Our Credit Card Team can be reached on 0818 251 251 between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to order a replacement card for you.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Seriously?? did you not read my original post, i already tried the approach of sending a message on 365online and got the runaround by being told to ring 0818 251 251 and also thanks for suggesting to a deaf person that they can ring 0818 365 365 which is the reason why i posted asking for help.

I've had it to here with the appalling service from BOI and i will be contacting the ombudsman about lack of provision of accessibility for deaf people. As soon as i get my debit card sorted , but i don't know that'll be done done unless i get someone to pretend to be calling as me on the phone , i'll begin the process of closing the account. Your customer service really takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭beachhead

Visit your nearest branch with proof of new address and old address-multiple letters if you have them,id,previous account statements etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us here.

I am sorry that this has been your experience. If this relates to a debit card please see this link below to our Live Chat. My colleagues here can certainly look into this for you. An address can take up to 5 working days to be updated. Please be assured, my colleagues can look into this for you.

Thanks, Megan

www.boi.com/chat

Advertisement