Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, the more I look at the Dutch league stuff today, the more awesome it actually gets.

Neres is expensive, but is up for two months which is loads of time to grind him out. And the objective players look interesting too. Given I need a RB, and have Van Dijk, I’m massively tempted to grind them out over the next day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah great cards, not sure about Mac-Intosh though, i prefer medium/high over medium/medium work rates for my CB's but the rest look quality, trying to figure out a dutch belgian team to fit them in, along with Nkunku, i wasted to much good cards not to pick him 😄

De Bruyne, Lukaku and Openda as my front 3 so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Weekend League 3 wins 2 losses so far

3-2 up at half-time in current match and glitch at half time just has the players standing on the pitch and also a pause queued by my opponent but it’s been like that for 10 mins now.

What’s the play here?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I've had that too, ended up just going to the xbox home screen and starting fifa again. I had been 1-0 up and got the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ah cool ok, will give it a go. Fingers crossed haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I passed 400 matches with Marcos Llorente last night. Who is your longest serving player?

Fut champs finals would turn you bipolar. My games so far

- Friday afternoon - 2 handy rage quit wins early in first half.

Mood - enjoying gameplay, confident for the rest of the games

-Friday night - 5 losses in a row, nothing works

Mood -

- Saturday morning - 7 wins in a row, flying form.

Mood- feeling confident again

I can predict the rest already!!!

Current record 9-5

I had 389 games with Robbie Keane until I sold him yesterday, I've played 11 games with the new untradeable version so we can call it 400 I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

453 with gold Juan Cuadrado and Theo Hernandez for me.

Two plug in and play full backs that will be absolutely fine until the big promo cards start.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Szczesny the longest serving for me, this is where I am now. Back up to 100k coins in the bank after my Di Natale splurge. Not sure what the next upgrade is, I am thinking IF Barella.

Koulibaly is solid at the back but good grief his distribution absolutely melts my head. His passing is like an amateur league player. De Ligt is not much better! There doesn't seem to be any good Serie A CBs that can pass!

I have RTTK Vidal on the bench, I prefer Barella as I find Vidal slow. Hopefully he improves once he gets his upgrades. Tonali not likely to get upgraded so will need replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

The wl isn't as much fun as it was last year. Less stressful but that was part of the fun. People giving away wins and lots of early quits if you go ahead are good from a time saving point of view but I have fewer good, tight games too.

5-1 atm. Should be 6-1 but some lad did a no loss glitch when I went 2-0 up. I didn't lose a match but people are such d1cks on this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Best WL I've had so far, 12-4 with only the most recent win gifted to me, and now as always when I'm just searching for games to gift I'm getting this

I may have wrecked my team trying to accomodate Owusu and Openda 😄

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Has everyone gone to drop back 1 dept counter attacking fifa again? Such a pain to play against, losing games I should be. Everyone using Kimpembe and Dembele of course.

I’m enjoying Beckham though, when he’s in the midfield his passing is so good for me and he defends well with the shadow, on the wing his crossing is unreal, early crosses pinging to the back post.

Got my 8 wins and will go back and give the rest of the games away later. Would struggle to get to rank 2 with 6 losses so far.

Finished at 12-8, rank 2 looked unlikely when I was 9-8 but managed to win the last 3 somehow.

2nd weekend in a row without a single gifted win, I miss those.

Red picks were Harry kane martinez and Evans.

Best pull from the 100k pack was Kingsley Coman

Totw pack were all quicksell value.

Decided to stick with my habit of playing next week's champs qualifiers at the weekend and it's paid off again. 6-0 all rage quits in under an hour.

Big price drop on some icons today, e.g. mid Best is down to 875k and mid Dalglish is down to 999k.

Why is mid Dalglish so cheap anyway?

5* weak foot, 4* skills, 90 for agility and balance, high attacking workrate, and is essentially maxed out on pace and shooting with a hunter.

His passing is below par but it's not a huge issue when he'll basically finish anything in the box and you're surely only going to use him as an out and out ST.

He compares really favourably to the likes of mid Puskas (1.6m, 3 star weak foot), Eto'o (1.6m, lower balance, 4 star weak foot) and Butragueno (1.2m, 3 star skills, medium attacking workrate) but yet is so much cheaper.

I packed his prime in one of the icon SBC's last year and found him excellent.

I'm very interested at that sort of price.

I mean, you could get mid Dalglish and Neymar for the same price as Puskas or Eto'o!

Jesus, just played 2 games there and dont know if its my internet (6ms before games) or what but it felt like the matches were been played in fast forward mode, end to end in a flash, players are sprinting all over the place, ball is ricocheting like pinball, just a mess, thats me done for the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

5-7 now. Not having a great day at all with FIFA…. My full backs seem to disappear and don’t track runs. Losing a lot of games I should be comfortably winning. So frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Is today the big price drop or will it continue. Have the coins for di natale but can wait a few days

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Di Natale down 100k.

Gawd dammit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Red picks:

Hofmann and Evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dalglish is weak whereas Puskas is just a bully and have incredible attacking AI.

Been away all week and quit my last game so wasn't able to sell Di Natale, thought "maybe i didnt get my Rivals reward since i quit and itll be there when i go back.

I specifically gave up playing FUT to get the 3 wins for the single pack and didnt get anything.

You hardly need to get 3 wins, and then 7 wins to get even the first reward?.. makes no sense to have separate check boxes if so.

Swapping Di Natale for Ronaldo now for the chem..he's lost value but so has Ronaldo, all of these things are relative and usually go hand in hand.

Anybody who has Openda, he is incredible, he is the answer to kimpembe

How do you think baby Puskas would play at CAM?

I've been doing a bit more research into those players referenced above and Puskas does seem to get the best reviews.

I love Di Natale at ST though so I'd use Puskas at CAM, and it would also give me some more options in terms of being able to hybrid in some other players because of the icon chemistry link, e.g. I have Mane who would be far better than gold Insigne at LAM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone used Salah’s normal card? I see he’s down to around 160k now, was thinking of going with a front three of himself, Solskjaer and Neymar, maybe even upgrading Ole for Robbie Keane if I have the coins left.

Also, is there anyone in Ligue 1 who can do a similar job to IF Barella? Can’t bear to drop him from my team but I’d need to for fitting Neymar in on full chem.

That Fofana SBC would be your best shout.

It expires tomorrow though so not much time to think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Very expensive SBC for a player that’s so hard to link. Looks pretty good but I think I’ll hold off, that Paqueta card has a green link to Neymar and the stats look decent, just a bit weak defensively but that can be fixed with a shadow.

Lads to anybody doing the eredivisie obj's OPenda is king, his accelaration takes him away from any defender, i spent 150k on 87ovr Bergkamp to play behind him, 1st match together, 5 goals for OPenda, 4 assists for Bergkamp, and With Malen getting his upgrade this week, im going to enjoy this front 3 going forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Wow, can't believe how much of a waste of time WL is. I got to rank III (44 points I think) and my best reward was a tradeable Tielemans. Don't think I'll bother in future.

Advertisement