Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

And when was he appointed as Judge, Jury and executioner to the people he shot?

He was appointed that by his assailants, the moment they put him in fear for his life.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

He was asked to be there by his friend Dominic Black who was asked by his friend, Nick Smith, who said they should help protect Car Source, an auto dealership where Smith formerly worked. The Khindri brothers who owned Car Source denied that they asked for help.

Some from that group have previously testified a friend of a friend of Rittenhouse's who used to work at Car Source had offered to help, and Anmol "Sam" Khindri accepted, and gave keys to get inside the repair shop and a ladder to get on the roof.

Khindri told jurors Friday he had no such conversations, nor did he offer keys to the shop. He recalled that early on Aug 25, 2020, Rittenhouse was among dozens of people who spoke to him with sympathy and encouragement after the family's main car lot had been burned on the first night of unrest.

<snip>

Defense attorney Corey Chirafisi suggested Anmol Khindri might be trying to avoid civil liability that might flow from allowing armed men on the family property, where someone was killed. 

Khindri denied any such concern.

He seemed unclear and evasive to several more questions from Chirafisi about the extent of the business losses, whether it was insured or if the family had hired a lawyer to deal with the insurance company.

Khindri also seemed to be confused about who he might have seen where and when on Aug. 25th, but repeatedly maintained he made no efforts to obtain the protection of Rittenhouse's group.

source

You can read between the lines what was going on, the insurance does not cover loss from riots, the Khindis may have tax issues, and were probably anxious to save their business and informally asked for help as it's cheaper than hiring professionals.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Rosenbaum was unarmed, threw a plastic bag at him and ran toward him.

That in your opinion is enough for Rittenhouse to shoot him four times, fu*k me

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

people who go to a riot should'nt expect that riot to have rules ,

if you attack people or property you should expect a defense in some way

any one of those involved bar the police could have just stayed at home

His family live there. And no, it wasn't his job. Which is even more commendable that a 17 year old would act so selflessly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Tell me you didn't follow the trial without telling me that you didnt follow the trial....

• Advertisement

Thats absolutely true. Hence the fire extinguisher he used. I carry my bank card and my keys with me. I don't try to take money out of an ATM with my keys. It's almost as if he was carrying the gun for another reason....like self defense.

He didn't. He was a young man defending his life. There was a judge and a jury that decided that he wasn't an executioner. The trial ended yesterday.

Insurrection? My oh my. You see these words on the internet and parrot them about in order to look like you know what you are talking about don't you? It was day two of unlawful riots and he went there to help his family's community. Furthest thing from an insurrection.

And yes America is screwed but I expect we think that for very different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Who's job is it to maintain the peace and why weren't they there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Truely bizzare case and even more bizzare verdict albeit I doubted he'd be done for Murder but certainly the lesser charges seemed appropriate and obvious. I suppose its fine in America to do a spot of vigilantism with with an automatic rifle for good measure.

The defendant looked very odd, somewhat disturbed , almost child like, I sense we'll be seeing him in action again soon with far more serious consequences, absolute nut job .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Rosenbaum had been agitated and aggressive all night, shouting "shoot me, n***er" at people and generally making a nuisance of himself. So much so that people on his "side" told him to quit it because he was going to get someone shot. Per testimony, he told Rittenhouse "If I catch you alone I'll **** kill you".

When Rittenhouse was walking down the street with a fire extinguisher after putting out a dumpster fire, having been separated from his group, Rosenbaum and Ziminski (who will be on trial soon) started to close in on him. Rittenhouse dodged and ran, and Rosenbaum gave chase. Halfway across a parking lot, Rosenbaum threw a bag at him. Rittenhouse turned around and leveled his gun at Rosenbaum as a warning to stop, Rosenbaum continued running toward Rittenhouse. Rittenhouse turned and continued to flee, and ended up cornered between a couple of cars, unable to run through because of a large group of violent rioters causing destruction on the other side. At this point there was a gunshot behind him (which we now know was Ziminski firing into the air). Rittenhouse turned around, and Rosenbaum shouted "**** you!" and lunged for Rittenhouse's gun, per testimony, video, and the pathologist's explanation that the pattern of injury on Rosenbaum's hand was consistent with it having been right at the barrel of the gun. At that point, with a man who had threatened to kill him lunging at his weapon, Rittenhouse fired four shots in 0.75 seconds and eliminated the threat.

That, in my opinion, and the opinion of the law and anyone else who is looking at this free of emotional, politically-charged hysterics, is self defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

There's a lot of the usual what aboutisms flying around, Bubba Wallace NASCAR driver said that "Rittenhouse would have got life if he were black"...the usual BLM script but just today a jury acquitted Andrew J Coffee IV, an African American man who was acquitted of second-degree felony murder and other felony charges after he claimed self-defense when his girlfriend was killed by Gilford's sheriff's SWAT team in a 2017 raid. The same jury convicted him of one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. That's it. He defended himself.

In Kenosha, Chrystul Kizer 17y/o African American when she shot & killed her pedophile child sex trafficker in order to escape is facing a life sentence. This parasite was also sexually abusing other underage girls, he was convicted in 2018 but was released on parole. Kizer was wrongfully denied access to a self-defense lawyer & her case is on appeal after 2 years in prison. She did her community a fine service just as Rittenhouse did his but yet we see no public outcry or $2 billion damage done across the country........but silence for this kid. & and we know why!!!

Whenever you bring this is with the pro BLM cult.. ERROR 404

One was armed. Illegally. And pointing a gun at him. The other was hitting him in the head with a skateboard and the other iwas chasing him, screaming at him and was reported to have threatened to kill him earlier in the night and was seen earlier brandishing a chain screaming the N word and telling people he was willing to go back to jail (where he was previously for raping children)

Did you even see the trial?

Are you not ashamed to beclown yourself so publicly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Why would it be any different? Do you think that the jurors would just convict someone because they were black? One of the clearest examples we have of racial bias with jurors came from the O.J case, where the black jurors let him away with his crime because he was one of them.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

If you are in a major city and a mass riot and looting breaks out you are on your own to defend yourself. The police are generally overwhelmed. The rioters in Kenosha targeted and destroyed immigrant businesses.

A few decades ago something similar happened in Los Angeles, when the mob went after the Korean businesses.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement

In what context exactly, do you seriously think this chap is fully there, do you seriously believe this chap won't pull another stunt like this, he's already featured on that awful Tucker Carlson on Fox news (another nut job) and finally do you seriously believe he was entirely innocent 🙄, if so , I suggest you look closer to home if looking for clown 🤡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Game stop, footwear shops, black owned businesses once more are targeted by the nearly all Middle class White activists.

What is it about Rittenhouse that you think makes him not "fully there"? The fact that he has a gun? He's American. There are more guns than people there.

I have no idea if he would feel compelled to go out and help defend his family's home town again if the same thing happened. After three people tried to murder him the first time and he ended up taking two lives and being dragged into a political pissing match for a year, I'd imagine not.

Ironically enough, I believe Fox news was the only mainstream US news channel that actually reported on the events of that night with any accuracy, so I find myself unsurprised that you've a visceral hatred of it. Truth and you; water and oil.

Yes, I agree with the jury that he was innocent of all charges brought by the state. The DA should be sanctioned for malicious prosecution.

What lesser charges you think were "appropriate and obvious"?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The Kyzir case is fair difference. It was revenge rather than self defense. She shot him, set his house on fire and stole his car. As a case, there's a fair chance more it was pre meditated than Rittenhouse. There's also no video evidence that really shows it as self defense like Rittenhouse had. It can't really be used as an example of different outcomes for a white and black person as the details in the case are very different.

Plenty of blacks "getting away with murder" these days.. Don't know what's with that line..

This guy - Mark Dice - mentions a few just recently, and in recent times, who haven't received guilty verdicts..

Plenty on the msm discussing it.. "What if he was black" 😁 Would never have gotten to trial imo.. and, even if it was mooted as a viable effort, it's likely he'd be shot dead already by other blacks, believing the narrative (which, if he was doing the same as Rittenhouse was, would probably be fair game to be thrown to the wolves by the msm, as an 'Uncle Tom' ) that he had shot and killed 1 (or in this case 3) of their own...

OJ was found not guilty because the defence made the whole thing about race, they painted the cops as racist and in a witch hunt. Which is typical of American court cases and nothing to do with the truth.

Did you actually watch any of the Trial, whilst I'm no expert his entire demeanor was off. What has being an American got to do with it, I worked and lived there for years, I'm fully aware of its gun culture. But perhaps you think its perfectly normal for a 17 year old to cross state lines with an assault rifle, go to the seen of a riot/ protest and expect no consequences, just extraordinary. I see others using the defence the poor chap was attacked, what exactly did he expect, to be showered with Roses.

I've said clearly I didn't think he was guilty of Murder but he was absolutely guilty of the lessor offences, one being Reckless Endangerment and possibly manslaughter.

The entire Trial was a farce and the Judge truely extraordinary and not in a good way, I'm actually surprised given some of his comments and interjections that a mistrial wasn't called.

Now he's being supported by the extreme right wing, I'm sure he'll grow up to be a model citizen, and yes, I'm absolutely convinced this vile creature will be in the news again .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

. But perhaps you think its perfectly normal for a 17 year old to cross state lines with an assault rifle, go to the seen of a riot/ protest and expect no consequences

And you're asking people if they watched any of the trial 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement