Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building up your own bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭cletus

Nice job on the bike, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Took it out for it's maiden voyage yesterday...3.7klm! :). The cable damper works a treat, no rattles and it feels tight and responsive.

The wheels are off another bike and are two years old and I suspect they need new bearings,as they sound a bit rough. But all in all, very pleased with the result and looking forward to the next bright,dry day when I can take it out for a proper spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Thanks, it's looking a bit grubby already! But at least bar tape can be cleaned and I heard CIF is good for bringing white tape back to life.

Build looks great. Just use hot warm water with fairy liquid and a nail brush for cleaning the tape. Will bring it back everytime.

Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I have a nail brush somewhere in the house.

Almost a year on and I’ve made a few changes. I had a nasty crash last April while riding it, but thankfully my body took the brunt of the damage! :) New saddle and I’ve upgraded to Deda Vinci Bars and matching stem. The white saddle and bar tape was a pain to keep clean! Also, my concerns about the full length shifter cables adding extra friction were unfounded, shifting is smooth as silk!

• Advertisement

Good god, you had a white saddle and tape on that??? Glad to see you remedied it. Looks really nice now!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

is that 11 or 12s chorus ?

if not has anyone built up or got a bike with 12s Campag ?

It's 11speed, although I don't think there is any difference between 11 or 12 from a build point or view.

Yeah, with hindsight it was a bad choice...looks better now alright.

Advertisement