Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've never used him at CAM..always been striker but really as long as you play him at CAM or RAM he's golden. By far my favourite card last year. I have all 4 of them throughout Fifa 22.

To be honest very little difference from his mid to his moments. But the reaction increase from the baby to the mid is worth the premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finally got to the end of an awful WL for me… no Mbappe, got Sarr and Hoffmann instead. Hoffmann again in the TOTW pack + a 76 and 75. Sold off Ginola, Seedorf and Varane that I had which brings me up to 4.7m, lost 300k on Ginola but my profits this week more than covers that loss. Think I’ll hold out now with a budget-ish team and save for TOTY Mbappe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I guess Mid Cech is my goalkeeper for the year then. Usually the icon keeper they release now gets a solid 1000 games as a “put in the team and forget” player, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Tip for later:

When the Eredivise foundations cards dropped on Friday evening, loads of their gold commons and rares going at discount minutes beforehand ended up rising massively. Their gold GK's for example, hit 2,500 around 7pm (an hour after release) and steady dropped then back to a normal value over yesterday, last night and this morning.

It has been confirmed by EA that we get Liga Nos foundations cards in this evening's content, so there is money to be made.

I'd stay away from the likes of really popular cards like Dias who have already gone up a lot over the weekend and there's an abundance of LM/LW and RM/RW in the league, so again I think the GK's are worth consideration here. There are only 2 rare gold GK's in Liga Nos and the reason I like them is because if this goes wrong and the objectives change or they've been over invested, you'll still only lose around 150 per card. Those 2 are Vlachodomis and Heite. I've been picking them up for 800 max on bids and sniping the odd time for slightly less. For an outfield player and to spread the risk a bit, Vertonghen looks a good shout at a similar price. Again someone like Pepe who would be ideal looks to me like he has had his rise already and I'd be staying well away from him. I'm also buying/sniping Liga Nos gold commons of any kind, again as close to possible as discard, to stack my club with them in the hope that they will also rise. With the Eredivise foundations, even completely random unusable gold commons hit 1,200 for the first few hours.

Looking ahead to Tuesday, it has been confirmed that we get foundations cards for the EFL Championship then. Looking at their GK's, there are only 3 gold GK's in the division (Johnston, Olsen and Gazzaniga). I've been sniping all 3 of those for anywhere between 400-800 coins overnight. If you want a quick profit they'll sell BIN for 1,000-1,100 even today, but if held I think they'll hit similar to that Eredivise mark (probably slightly less as people have advanced warning of them being released now) so around that 1.8k-2k mark. I would also be stocking your club up with Championship gold commons of any kind who you should be able to secure at close to discard rate at the moment and I'd be hopeful that they will double as per above, but at worst you lose very little if it goes tits up.

I've about 300k invested in those Liga Nos players and will hope to have similar with the EFL. If it goes right, then great. If it goes wrong, I'll still make a decent amount back when upgrade packs drop so it's not the end of the world.

I’m not going in too heavy (I am so deep in Ifs, I can’t), but I’ve stocked my bids pile with 50 discard Liga Nos cards for the laugh. Not expecting huge returns, but at discard, it’s risk free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Just pulled Base Ronaldinho from the Premier League Sbc Rare player pack. That's my 2nd icon from packs this year in just November after 0 from the last 2 years at least.

I wasnt even going to open it until a new promo comes out, time to learn some skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finished the Mac-Intosh objective in 6 games, so nice to do compared to the slog that was reece oxford objective, really like the eredivisie cards again this year

Anybody use rulebreaker Sangare? Need a cdm to link Mac-Intosh, Max and storyline Heil in my team, looks good but over 20k to buy

Oh how this game can change, well not really i suppose, yesterday i thought Openda was the answer to Kimpembe but in 2 games this evening it has all changed, 99 pace is not enough to outrun him, even with a shadow chem, his top pace is 91 yet he is clearly running at over 100, nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just came up against someone in rivals with red Vinicius (85) and red Mbappé (92).

It’s just so typical of this game that all of us and I’m sure nearly everyone in general get absolute muck from their WL rewards, yet the ones who get any luck at all, get all of it.

He had three icons in the team as well, but outside of those 5, the rest of the team was bang average, so he must’ve packed those icons too as he didn’t seem to have the coins to put a full team together.

Of course he still annihilated me though, given the fact that his front three combined had a total of around 299 pace.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

One does not defeat Kimpembe with a mere 99 pace. Kimpembe is undefeatable. Kimpembe is god. A 99 rated Messi would not get past Kimpembe. The combined forces of Pele and Eusebio wouldn't get around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kimpembe is hilarious, people just hold down sprint with him and run straight at you, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Skipped WL this week but completed that Cech SBC last night, seems decent value to lock in the goalkeeper position. Bought Joao Felix last week and he's already down 200k, lovely.

95 IFs in my trade pile, and now going to start stockpiling the rewards 😂 selling one a cycle on average, 5k profit per card. So aiming to get about 50k a day going on it.

Road to Ronaldo starts now.

Yea and he can tackle you any way he wants and not give away a foul. Even if you turn round and shield with L2, he will come straight through the back of you and get the ball.

Joe Gomez into Kimpembe territory now

Played 2 games last night 31 shots on target, and 9 shots conceded defensively in them, i scored 9 in those 31, 5-5 draw and 4-1 win, Lloris in goal in both against me, saved every other shot

Apologies if anyone went in on the Liga Nos cards.

Unfortunately it seems they were hugely over- invested in BUT, if anyone cashed out pre 6pm in the hype they'd have made a healthy profit, so perhaps lesson learned for EFL Championship on Tuesday.

Common gold cards easily picked up at 350-400 that are up to 650 now. I'll keep monitoring today and tomorrow but will probably just sell before 6pm tomorrow if they keep rising. The only thing is there are only a handful of gold cards in this league so far less chance of them crashing like the Liga Nos IMO.

EFL Championship silvers are available for 250 on bids which does seem pretty much risk free as you can usually flip those for 400 at any time of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i did, i still made a few quid all in,

anyway your username is my favourite on boards so you can do no wrong! 😁

Haha, I couldn't believe someone hadn't already taken it when I set up my account! 😅😂

Just did a test run with those EFL Championship silvers and was able to flip 10 of the ones I bought at 200 for 500 BIN easily enough so I'm hopeful at worst coins will be doubled if selling in the hype before 6pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Are these Foundations cards going to be released for all leagues or just the smaller less used leagues?

I just cant take this game anymore, lost 6-4 there to 6 of the most stupidest goals ye ever did see, ricochets, deflects, keeper diving away from the ball, defenders lifting their leg to allow through balls, honestly when they decide you're gonna lose, they make it the worst way posdible

• Advertisement

TOTW sbc i see, the way my luck is going in this game tonight, i'd end up with 75 Twine

I can’t defend any more.

I can but when i win the ball, it ricochets away to the opposition player who just happens to be free in the middle of goal, its not even funny anymore, do everything "right" and still get mucked over

Just packed Kimpembe.

Straight to discard, no way am I selling this guy on the market, I refuse to let someone else have him. It’s the only way I’ll sleep tonight.

I think we may just embrace his greatness and play him in our team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Pulled every last coin I had together and bought baby Ronaldo to partner Cristiano up front.

So disappointed, he has some unique animations and things but he doesn’t have that punch of acceleration that marks the elite players.

Anybody have opinions on the eredivisie objective players? My thoughts are Opnda the best by a mile, Owusu as a RB even with a shadow, while pacey gets left behind by bang average pace and not great defensively, as a wing back though he is far better

Mac-Intosh while 86ovr is terrible, gets caught out every time due to very slow reactions, he is so bad, im picking St Juste now ahead of him.

Bijlow, where do i start, dives everywhere except at the ball, slow off his line despite decent speed, now i have played against him and he has been unreal so maybe he's just cursed as he's in my team.

Make sure you claim your second Amazon Prime pack if you can.

7 game loan C.Ronaldo, 2 81+ player picks and a good pack.

got Koubilly in mine.

• Advertisement

So I just won a game 3-0 and it was so frustrating. Why?

Because my players were making runs, passes were going where I wanted, one-two moves came off. If my players did this every game I'd be grand. But in the game before the lad had a few icons and I am 10000% sure that the game makes my players worse when playing strong players.

Advertisement