Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 5

Options

Comments

Played around five hours today so far. I just don't know what it's meant to be. It somehow feels too difficult and too easy at the same time.

A lot of the maps would benefit from repeated playing or a co-driver, but the former doesn't feel like it's encouraged. Every race feels like a side mission so why perfect it.

Dirt Rally with my wheel and VR might be technically more difficult, but at least you know where you're meant to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Lemme guess, the ones you were missing were dirt roads that you hadn't driven down in their entirety, and you can't tell on the map because they're represented by broken lines?

You could also just get a PC or mobile device and play via the cloud with Game Pass Ultimate?

You can definitely now buy a car before the start of a race, it offers a "buy a recommended car" option after your garage recommended and your current car (which should really be the other way around tbh).

If you're restarting a race from the X button without going back to the overworld first; the entire previous race is wiped in terms of credit gain, XP gain, and win/podium on your player stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TheChris, cloud would be ideal but there doesn't seem to be enough catalogue available for it. I was hoping to hold out for when cloud matches the full catalogue of console/pc but it might be some way off. No interest in getting a pc. So it's either a series s or one s in the race at the moment. Black Friday night have some interesting deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Finally made it to the hall of fame today. I done the 50 lap Goliath afk trick three times over the last week, ended up with about 6 million xp,nearly 700 wheel spins and about 30 million in credits. On a mission to fill that car collection and only a few of the rare cars left to go, its a bit of a pain trying to track them down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Lemme guess, the ones you were missing were dirt roads that you hadn't driven down in their entirety, and you can't tell on the map because they're represented by broken lines?

@TheChrisD They were dirt roads, yes. They were ones that were on green pieces of land that the un-driven grey tended to blend into the green with my particular colour blindness 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

Finding the game pretty fun now (took a few hours to get in).. but there's not much difference to FH4, just more things to unlock. Maybe a bit too much, it's hard to get excited about "you have unlocked 209 accolades out of 1890" or whatever.

Had to turn the radio DJs off, I think they could have toned the chirpiness down a bit, can't do anything without someone screaming AMAZING, GREAT every 30 seconds. I get that Mexico is a lovely place, but this is meant to be a game, not a tourism ad.

Graphics-wise, I couldn't tell any difference between FH4 and FH5. 5 has nice storm effects, and trees and fences break now, but that's about it. I was kind of expecting some more next-gen, so that's a bit disappointing. Played on both the PC and Series X.

Still, it's part of Game Pass, so it's not like I had to pay extra to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Wow!! The Colossus is a fantastic event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

You're correct that you can buy a car, but you can't upgrade it which with the way performances classes work in Forza means it's worthless. I find it so annoying with seasonal events, you rock up to a race only to find it needs a class A modern sports car or whatever, so you need to spend 10 minutes driving to the nearest horizon location, buying and upgrading the car you need, and driving back before you can play. Then on more than one occasion in FH4 I'd arrive back only to discover I'd misremembered the category during all that busywork and bought a "retro muscle" instead of a "classic muscle" or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Same old problem with this series, I've only turned the game on and they're throwing Lambos at me. i've got 6 cars in my garage already including a $1m McClaren Senna and I haven't even raced another car yet. There's zero sense of achievement. Roll on Gran Turismo 7 where I'll probably start off in a second hand Yaris and work my way up.

• Advertisement

AI will scale their PI to your stock car, so in theory it should be an even race. Unless you're referring to anything online multiplayer, in which case... well you're screwed.

Also, the seasonal events and PR stunts list their restrictions in the Festival Playlist, so you can know in advance what you need to acquire/upgrade to avoid those cases of going there just to find you don't have what it is asking for. To be fair, I've also done the "misremember the class" several times in FH4 and had to FT back to a house to fix it, so don't think you're alone in that 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On that Classic Muscle race thats beside the stadium, how do you know whats a classic muscle? I didnt see that term listed anywhere on any car.

In my garage or request car, im sure its there but i couldnt find it.

4 of us had to those 3 races in the rain in what was basically a rented bouncy castle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There is an option to filter cars by type - in the car shop or garage. You can specially pick the particular class of car you want. I needed to filter by classic sports and found the option after a bit of digging. Will double check where exactly. The menus can unfortunately be pretty confusing and labyrinthine when it comes to finding exactly what you want :/

I'm having a problem with the festival playlist, when I win a championship the reward isn't triggering so end up having to do it twice or three times. Extremely annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

having awful problems with this online . crashes at least twice a hour . convoys don't work half time . when they do one of us disappear on and off each other's maps .

Game has port forwarding, either open ports or all use UPNP. Some irish routers are old and crap and dont have UPNP or like the old UPC router simply dont open ports even when selected because its a piece of **** :D

Standard for FH games :) Just to note just because you cant see each other (in different sessions) doesnt mean you cant start races/avtivities with each other, just get the group leader to start it and all the convoy will get an invite. Shame that free roam would be cool in convoys.

Ports

Forza Horizon 5 - Xbox Series X

• TCP: 3074
    • UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500

Forza Horizon 5 - Xbox One

Forza Horizon 5 - Steam

• TCP: 27015, 27036
    • UDP: 27015, 27031-27036

Forza Horizon 5 - PC

Do any of you gift cars? I do after a barn find, mostly leave an MR2/Celica/Supra to community contributors. Now I don't expect anything in return, but I got gifted cars on two occasions. Nice, very nice 😎

I got one and gifted 2! You get an achievement for your first gift too 🙂

I've gifted a couple of cars, and got kudos in return. I don't know what the process is for receiving a gift, do you drive up to an existing barn and hope there is a car there?

Played some online races last night, didn't have any connectivity errors but the ratio of time spent actually racing to time spent waiting around was pretty woeful. I generally don't play online games so maybe that's the norm but sitting 2 minutes on a result screen, then 2 minutes on that horizon stage screen while it's waiting for players, then another 2 minutes on the starting grid, before finally doing a 2 minute race doesn't feel like a great use of time.

• Advertisement

When you receive a gift car, you drive up to the barn and open the doors, where you will find a crate with the gift car in it.

I only gift out any dupes I get. Which so far has not been very many, really just dupes I get from winning a car on the wheels before I earn it from the accolades.

Gift all dupes regardless of car type.

Have what seems to be loads of money 23million but probably isnt, havent bought a car yet. I have 60 via gameplay.

I'm getting very annoyed at the seasonal objectives not completing when I win a seasonal championship, having to do each one two or three times is head wreaking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

This cheat was one of the reasons I haven't even bothered to d/l the game yet, once I know players can easy mode to get the higher end stuff I'm out - where's the fun in that? You didn't 'earn' them, you were handed them ... not much 'game' in that is there?

The fact that someone else has done that has zero impact on your game.

The game already hands you high end stuff from the beginning btw. Tricks like this only make it easier to complete the collection, but everyone can have a top range S2 car in their first session easily. The game isn’t designed to grind out the best cars, just to grind out completion stats.

The game isn't Forza. It isn't about getting faster and faster cars to race around the same tracks but with more speed and difficulty.

My fastest cars are boring things that are glued to the road. I never use them.

Like if you think the goal of the game is to get faster cars, you just don't understand what Horizon is bringing to the table.

Each car are in their own class so it doesn't matter if I'm level 400 with 500 cars and you are level 30 with 100. Theres something like 536 cars in the game, there's no way I'm grinding credits to buy all does. The game is giant car playground, it's not a serious simulation like gran turismo,Forza motorsport, assetto corsa etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

still half unplayable online for me . constant convoy issues and it will freeze console if i'm online every 20/30mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Are the NPC's parady caracters like in GTA? I feel like I'm constantly waiting from punchlines that never come.

Advertisement