Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,301 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

People could stop doing it. That would make them think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Repealers screaming my body my choice and then rushing out to get the Covid vaccine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

They chose to get it though, so no hypocrisy there. The bigger hypocrisy is the lack of condemnation for Austria's vaccine mandate. Where is bodily autonomy now?

• Advertisement

The media and Government told everyone it's their choice to get the vaccine or not, is that what happened.

Yes thats what happened.

You are confusing me, they decided themselves to get a vaccine, so not sure what point you are trying to make?

My point is everyone was told to get the vaccine and most did and no one shouted my body my choice like they did during the repeal referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,658 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We've done this already. You were wrong then and you're still wrong now. Nobody was forcibly vaccinated against their will. Give over

But loads of people are doing just that, or have you missed the entire anti-vaxx brigade who've been howling about it for months???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I don't recall being TOLD to get anything. I recall choosing to get it once invited by the HSE. My body my choice after all.

Yes, my cousins husband... early to mid 60’s, heavy smoker, reasonably regular / heavy drinker, still a pub goer the minute they opened up... not vociferously anti-vac but his personal choice is that he won’t get a vaccination, ever... 1000% adamant. He doesn’t care what anybody else does.

i was invited to get vaccinated, did, feel great... have a GP appointment next week, I’d love if he offered me a booster...not sure I’d be entitled to one but ive emailed him to request if it’s possible...

Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Tetanus, Diphtheria and Polio all had vaccines successfully developed to counteract them.. successfully administered in this country and around the planet as of today for people traveling to certain areas of Africa....

vaccines are not new medical phenomena.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A pet hate of mine. The guy ahead of me in the shop just now continued his (no doubt fascinating) phone conversation, throughout the time that the shop assistant was putting stuff through at the till, for him.

It galls me to see such a lack of basic manners.

It’s seemingly a new thing but I’m seeing this... actually paying for their shopping, they are... or should I say the cashier is interacting with them related to the transaction , asking them something, the customer looks back at them like they were in a different time zone.. “ehhhh sorry ?” There is a time and a place, a Q and a transaction is no time to have a fûckin phone glued to your ear especially with x people behind you waiting to get going. Cûnts all who do that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And I can tell you his conversation was fascinating (NOT) because he was already yelling into the phone, behind me, as we approached the shop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Pain in the lower parts of my feet. Dear please God let this abate. The last thing I want to do is to risk seeing whatever fool my local NHS practice has assigned to be my GP.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm not a medical person, but would suggest an orthotic assessment. I had awful foot pain, which was relieved by getting custom made orthotics.

Apologies for this being off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who need to post everything about their family online to the point bowel movements are nearly included. They thenn complain when someone makes a negative comment about their or theirs activities. F*ck sake, don't post you and your families every movement online for the whole world to see if you don't want people to comment, you attention seeking wh*re

Theres a whole thread on here about bowel movements. Are they 'attention seeking whores' too? Just asking..so I know the etiquette.

• Advertisement

On a lighter note, I can't seem to find a chunky peanut KitKat anywhere. They use to be lovely. I also loved the old peanut lion bars. You can get them in pound shops but they're not the same.

Plain old chunky KitKat for me now so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Vaguely on topic so I'll respond. Last time I had this I saw my boss about it who was a hundred grand a year consultant. Then I saw my GP. Same. Neither helped so I went privately to a physio and I remained convinced that physios are actually magic.

TA'd that GP's here are crap. Maybe paying 50 euro in Ireland means they're better there. Here, it's a lottery.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

TA that my dope of a housemate woke me at 04:38. Took me ages to get back to sleep. I slept through my alarm and woke up 20 minutes later

TA'd that GP's here are crap. Maybe paying 50 euro in Ireland means they're better there. Here, it's a lottery.

My GP Practice charges seventy euro. And that's for a phone consultation. Covid gave them the ideal opportunity to stop seeing patients face to face, and they are still carrying that on, almost two years after starting it.

It's next to impossible to even get that phone consultation in the first place. 😡 I know that all local surgeries are oversubscribed but it's crazy stuff.

Last one for today (hopefully).

I've been hitting the gym 3 days a week at 06:30 over 7 months or so. I've seen some regulars come and go but there's one guy I'm on nodding terms with. That's now waving terms apparently. 

Anyways, he decides to pop over to me and gives me some advice about a dumbbell lift I was evidently doing wrong. It's nice that he wanted to help but it just made me feel like a complete eejit. The amount of fitness info online is absurd and the gym staff are corporate drones.

Being healthy shouldn't be this complicated.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe paying 50 euro in Ireland means they're better there

I can confirm that it doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Before you commit to going down the “professional” foot check route, try investing in a supportive insole. See if it helps.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I have flat feet and had issues for years I bought the sketchers arch fit and the difference is unreal, definitely worth looking at insoles or something else before shelling out a rake of money on a professional, it's only my experience that this works for me but there is a reason that a lot of healthcare professionals wear sketchers. Worth a look.

Those long gilets that are everywhere at the moment. I don't understand them. Like, what microclimate are some people living in that it's cold enough to need a lagging jacket down to your knees (or even ankles), but too warm for sleeves? 🤔🤔🤔

• Advertisement

Boooooooored.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement