Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aslanroars

no its true people walked in off street.they did cancel orders .no idea if figure of 190 was true.but they did walk ins for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I have a reservation for arklow from tomorrow to Wednesday. Its a 6 hour round trip for me. Tomorrow is the only day I'm free. Hope they have them in stocks, but not looking good.

If anyone has any spare codes for Dublin or Galway that they are not using, please let me know.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Can you phone Argos with your reservation before you head out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I actually tried to call them earlier on today when I read on here what was going on, but the phone in the arklow store just rang out.

I'll try ring again in the morning, but if I can't get through I'll just do the drive and hope for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Just aftwr reading the twitter feed on ps5 and it doesnt look good for argos. A lot of orders seem to be getting cancelled and lots of different excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

How do people know they are being cancelled. Are they getting emails?

Dont think they are getting emails. Just when they go to collect ps5 its not there. I have an email to say its ready for collection from yesterday, Saturday to tomorrow momday. Went to argos yesterday and woman said they didn't have it yet, should be Tuesday. Never thought to ask her if my reservation will still be valid. Might ring them tomorrow

Bit of a **** fest by argos. Dont kno why they were letting people reserve items if they weren't in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did you get a separate email saying its now ready for collection? A different one from when you pre-ordered it?

The original email gives when it will be ready but also said you will get an email when it's actually ready to be collected

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Gonna ring Argos in Mahon in the morning. Have a code for collection for tomorrow thanks to a kind poster on here but will ring before showing up.

No, but seemingly some people didn't and went in and still got it. Not too hopeful at this stage. I would say the staff in argos are getting some abuse and its not really their fault

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Seeing reports of people getting them from walk ins at various locations

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭bdmc16

For people that only reserved using email, do Argos sent emails confirming the day to collect or only do that for mobile ?

As mobile is a voluntary to fill in when reserving that frustrating to hear . I’m not confident now , sounded like it’s mid week for cork branches from what she saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I had the exact same circumstances. Went to Letterkenny store at about 10.05. I didn't get the second text but thought to chance it too. Was told the same thing. Annoyingly the guy said that they had a few PS5s come in that morning, but the last one was taken just before I got there.

I have a slim hope that they'll get a big chunk of stock in by Tuesday (the last day my reservation number is valid for) and I'll get the second text.

I have a UK PSN account and got an email from Sony saying I could order via 'PlayStation Direct' this morning at 8. The thing is, they'd only deliver to the UK mainland, so I'd have to pay AddressPal fees + probably import VAT at 23%.

The total would be €628.50 I think (double VAT basically).

Should I bother? Slightly cheaper than scalper prices but I'd be a bit worried about it getting damaged in transit.

The mess with the Argos stock system has frayed my nerves a bit and I'm getting impatient after months of trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Has anyone actually collected one that had it pre-ordered from last week?

Update - literally only after getting text to say its ready for collection

In arhos blanchardstown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭kuang1

Smyths now

I saw this before I got the twitter alert from PS5 Ireland. Managed to pay for the pre-order. Cheers! Those extra few seconds could make the difference :).

Brother got the argos txt there from Blanchardstown to collect his, so fingers crossed your all good from argos people.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Smyth's digital still up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭kuang1

All gone now seems like. Hope some of ye got sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭bdmc16

In line for Mahon point cork branch at opening and me and about 5 others who have reservations numbers did not get one as reservation number “not found”. Saw other picking theirs up. One guy with 2 in hand

If I had to guess that the one thing in common that me and the other people who didn’t get one had today is that none of us reserved using mobile numbers, only email address. Not confident of Argos now

Will call back again tomorrow and Wednesday

I got to buy it in smyths this morning in swords for pre order just got a txt there to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭jj880

I reserved 3 during the 2am drop using email only. (1 for a friend and 2 to give away on here). All good.

Ive never heard of reservations being not found. Maybe they dont appear in store until your ps5 is actually there to collect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mammy2two

I rang Argos about my reservation number in Galway store. Was told mine was one of the ones cancelled. I ordered at 8:40 in the morning and at that stage all the pre-orders were gone he said and the system sent these out in error. I’m never going to get one at this rate it’s so frustrating 🥲🥲

Advertisement