Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

Had a quick look at the facebook page.

The reviews of Quest 2 build quality and customer service are quite shocking.

https://www.facebook.com/Oculusvr/reviews/?ref=page_internal

To be honest after reading that I'm considering just returning the whole thing. I picked up a PSVR a few weeks ago with ps4 controller, move controllers and aim controller (Ive heard this is great on Doom).

Thinking I might get a load of games for the PSVR instead until a better Oculus/Meta headset comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hmm haven't noticed any issues with the build quality of the Quest 2?

I've only had good experiences with their support too. Maybe some others here want to chime in...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

The 'Elite Strap' is a waste of money because of its durability issues and the ridiculous price, but the headset itself is grand. A lot of the feedback on those pages is going to be from people who've been unlucky with bad stock, same with any piece of tech. I bought a 3rd-party headstrap that has the PSVR-style halo design. Far comfier and more durable than the 'Elite', and far cheaper too.

The PSVR is good too, but it's seriously limited by the tracking, the resolution, the PS4 and the outdated Move controllers. It's showing its age at this stage. Doom VFR etc. are great with the Aim controller though. Of of the system's strong points.

I'd still recommend the Q2, especially if you have a VR-capable PC (you can stream games wirelessly to the headset). The PSVR2 is due out next year which will hopefully result in more premium VR games.

yeah the real downside of the PSVR (and the main reason I no longer use it as much) is the wire. That thing really takes you out of the experience.

It's fine for sitting games.. but then the 2nd reason is the buttery jaggy visuals. It's like 480p on PSVR vs 1080p on Quest is how I'd best describe it.

Doom VFR with the Aim controller is kick ass, though I would still rate Doom 3 on Quest over this.

Don't forget that with Quest 2 you have the ability to sideload lots of custom content.

Ok I will keep the quest 2 and see. Its what junior wants. He might not be happy with the psvr.

I only picked up the psvr as a friend wanted rid of it for 100 euro. I never had a ps4 so it seemed a shame to miss out on all the ps4 vr games that are still playable on ps5 even if it's just until the psvr2 comes out. Plus i already have 10 psvr games in my library gathered up throughout the year for free including astrobot rescue mission.

• Advertisement

Yeah the most painful for me visuals-wise is RE7. Such a good game in VR but I wish they'd release a PS5 patch for it so that it could properly shine. I'm hoping they'll eventually overcome the need for the wire on the PSVR 2, that could hurt their sales.

I played a good bit of Doom 3, didn't think I'd be as impressed as I was!

Wow that's a bargain for 100! Astro Bot is perfect for kids, I bet he'll love it :).

hey Astro Bot is perfect for us old folks too! Superb game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Regarding build quality it's just the stock headstrap for most people is a bit crappy. It all depends on the shape of your head though. Definitely worth getting the BoboVR M2 if your son or you prefer the halo strap on the psvr for comfort.

And although pricey the pro version of the BoboVR M2 has a battery pack to extend gameplay by 3 or 4 hours, and it's quite cheap compared to the elite battery strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭kerplun k

very surprised to hear that. For the price it’s at, it’s a steal IMO.

in terms of the build and quality, I couldn’t speak highly enough of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I forgot to say, one thing you need to make sure of is to never let direct sunlight hit the lenses, it'll case burn-in. So don't use it outside unless it's overcast/getting dark. When I'm not using mine I put a sock in front of the lenses and then store it.

https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/product-care-and-best-practices/avoiding-sunlight-damage/

Thanks for all the replies lads. Really helpful. I have the elite strap ordered from Amazon but Im going to return it. There looks to be no comparison to the BoboVR straps. If theres no problems with the headset I'll get the BoboVR M2 Pro at the end of January as its my sons birthday in February. That strap and some game credit should do it.

Only thing I notice is Amazon dont like shipping batteries outside the uk mainland. Ive noticed this with powerbanks also so not sure how I would get the pro version. Cant find it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking of buying one of these and was gonna work with a friend to go the referral route. Was wondering does that work in Ireland? Also does anyone know would I still get the €50 free credit offer on top of the 30 referral credit?

I contacted Bobovr - they say the BoboVR M2 Pro will be available to ship from Amazon EU websites in a few weeks.

mother of chr!st. my sister in law just ordered 1 last night. If this works thats 80 euro out the window for me! 😂😥😂

Had a quick look. Seems you just have to have a headset activated on your oculus account and you can refer away up to 5 referrals a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I bought a quest 2 less than 2 weeks ago. It's still in the box. I might send it back and order it again to get the €50 game credit.

What's this about referrals? How does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Amazon are giving a £50 gift card when you buy if from them until the weekend

Lads this is just too much money to pass up. I'm taking my oculus back to Argos and re-ordering direct from Oculus to get the 50 euro credit.

I cant refer anyone myself as I dont have the headset activated in my online account.

Can someone on here who has a quest 2 activated go to the screenshot attached in their oculus account?

If it generates a referral link send it to me and we can both then get 30 euro each when I reorder?

Has to be done! 😆😆😆

Note on the €50 credit from the Oculus website (just in case people aren't aware):

Credits must be redeemed to account within 30 days of purchase and spent within 60 days of redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 caseyphl

Anyone got a referral code before I hit buy

I could send you one, but I think you'd have to (temporarily) add me as a friend on FB. Send me a message if you want and I'll send you a link to my FB page.

Oops, I opened a can of worms. 😁

But found a post on Reddit saying they stacked, so will see how the whole referral thing works tonight

Post edited by CastorTroy on

Copperspock sent me a friend request on facebook. Then he sent me a referral link to open. I opened it and accepted the referral. Now the referral is linked to my facebook account and i can order whenever to get the 30 euro. Im actually getting bombed with Facebook ads reminding me to buy and get the 30 euro but i dont mind as it means the referral worked. Hopefully when i order i also get the 50 euro (this offer ends 11/30). I'll be ordering before the end of the week.

To add to this, the referral credit

The Oculus Store credit (or any unused amount) automatically expires six (6) months after the activation date

So I wonder how it'll work with both credits. Does it use the €50 or €30 first, or does it depend on the order it's activated.

And reading up on the referrals, you can still use a referral as long as you haven't activated your headset yet. So if you've already ordered, you can still have someone send you a referral link then you activate it through the link.

Sorry if all this is already posted elsewhere in the thread but new boards search problems.

This is great information. So in my case (in theory) I could go ahead and activate the headset once it arrives direct from Oculus (collecting Copperspocks 30 euro referral, collecting the 50 euro offer and enabling me to send referrals) and put it back in the box. Then I could send my sister in law a referral link so that when she activates her Quest 2 on Christmas day I get yet another 30 euro for a total of 110 euro. If I was not in this thread id be getting exactly zero free credit and be none the wiser! God bless you all!

Yep.

Purchase your Quest 2 from any retailer. You will receive $30 in Oculus Store Credit once you activate your new headset. Your friend who referred you will receive a $30 Oculus Store Credit 30 days after you activate

So the referrer won't get the credit for 30 days.

Curious if someone who has removed the FB account (like me) can avail of the referrals scheme too

• Advertisement

It's done through the app but need to be friends on facebook.

I saw on reddit or somewhere that the US allows referrals without being friends so that may roll out here

Advertisement