Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Trilogy Remaster: GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Good video. Madness that this was done from a mobile port instead of the originals. That and using AI for a lot of the upgrading is very obvious. At least we all know now it was 100% a cash grab with minimal effort. Nothing but a full remaster should fix this imo. Shocking carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So glad i got my money back but honestly, i still want to play SA but happy to wait a few months for deep sale and hopefully you'll be able to buy these separately.

R* pissed on the legacy of GTA by calling a port from a mobile version the definitive edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You'll have to buy the physical edition or buy it on another account as once you get a refund and have it removed from the account it can't be added back.

You might be able to if they do release them separately or if you bought the PS4 version originally.

I saw it on the store and there was an option to buy it again. Support also said i could buy it again. Not too bothered either way but i see this taking a big price hit in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

This attitude I don't understand. GtaSA was a game of its time. Far better games out there now.

After being duped already, why would you even think about giving R* more money?

This is why game companies feel they can give substandard product. Like football supporters, they knew gamers will keep coming back.

Nostalgia. I bought it as i was mad to play these games again. The effort was shocking and got money back. Looking at vids, it looks a lot better than the only one i played of the definitive edition, 3. But like i said, only if it gets 'fixed' and it goes on deep sale so i can play for a few quid. Worse things and people out there to be giving money to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I totally understand why people want it. I did, the only reason I didn't was I didn't bother to order it, lazy rather than any anti stanch.

But, given the disaster it was, if gamers simply pay up when they do eventually get it fixed then there really is no cost to these companies.

Very few other companies get away with putting out sub standard product, but game companies do seem immune.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

@Leroy42 Very few other companies get away with putting out sub standard product, but game companies do seem immune.

That Ryan George video posted in gaming humour really sums it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be fair ive gotten to San fierro in the san andreas and I've only come across one bad bug and that was a massive frame rate drop out in the country side lasted about 20 seconds and disappeared again other than that I'm very happy with it all in all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just finished the original Vice City. Its a slightly better game than III, more mission variety and better soundtrack but by 2021 standards the gameplay is very simplistic, the story is as B grade juvenile stuff as are the talk shows on the radio stations and their is a lot of jank. Was very impressed with the game back in the day but I'm not even sure why I even bothered to go through it this time round after playing a few missions. Nostalgia I guess but thinking about it, even if they definitive editions where not the mess they are in terms of graphics and performance, I don't think they would worth paying the full price for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It always amazes me how bad my sense of humour was when I was a teenager/early 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

People grow up, but it's also a lot do with the times being different. So much stuff from the late 90s early 00s does not hold up well at all today. The portrail of LBGTQ characters in games/movies for example. Toxic male behavior was ignored, nu metal was a thing etc.. point is that many things are of their time and 2021 hindsight is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

It was anything but Nu Metal. Timecode from Moving Shadow has MSX FM in III as did some of the best ever dub recorded courtesy of Scientist on K-Jah. Revisionism is alive and well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have no numetal apologist behaviour on here!

I think you misread my post, I wasn't saying nu metal was in gta3, just thst it was crazy popular when it was released on 2001. More of a commentary on the world at the time.

I just find numetal crawling beneath my skin and these wounds, they will not heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

With all the complaints about the weather effects and how bad they look, Rockstar were 24/7 never begging for a rain check

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I say they are getting on to the developers of that game to both hurry up and also make sure all is working so the game comes out sooner then later. Expect something at next years E3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Surely this is the worst thing they could do though? They released these games fairly soon after announcement, so to rush along development of something a lot more anticipated would be brand suicide.

Gamers are generally forgiving of development delays and longer timelines as it means avoiding what happened here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Really enjoying the nostalgia trip of playing SA again, and it's free on Xbox so that's good enough for me. Not really sure what all the fuss is about, it's a slightly polished up older game that's available if people want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

By rush I mean 2024 2025 not next year. Only news next year

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Ah gotcha, I think that'd be a fairly reasonable timeline - to make a game with (hopefully) that much depth in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Big patches out today for the three games, notes are in the link:

https://updatecrazy.com/gta-trilogy-update-1-03-patch-notes-official-november-30-2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kinda hoping for these to be playable on PC over Xmas.

Loads left to fix yet but I suppose it's progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Physical releases delayed until Dec 17 for PS and Xbox, early 2022 for Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The rain issues have been fixed, apparently. Haven’t checked it myself yet.

Thats probably the biggest issue sorted. Just a million more to go.

Advertisement