Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car drives into Christmas parade in Waukesha, 6 dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Sigh its too early to read much into this. Until more facts come to light there is little point throwing racism as a motivation into the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

yes, was just thinking to myself after I posted it it probably leads nowhere to question the motives of a dumb, ferocious, inhumane excuse of a human being.

What's to question more is the reporting of the media and their real motives. that video from the guy posted earlier might come across a bit of a weirdo type of guy (especially the intense cat cuddling while speaking😂) and I didn't had the time to watch it fully, but interesting points made..have to watch it fully later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think it would be fair enough to call him a black supremacist or anti white terrorist but given that I don't see any BLM leader ( so they even have official leaders?) calling for death to whites I think it's a bit much to pin this on BLM. I think people that do that obviously want BLM banned or designated a terrorist organisation.

I don't want the inverse of the Rittenhouse case happening. He was falsely painted as a white supremacist and it had been reported even that it was black people he shot. So in this case I'm not presuming anything until more facts become known. I'm certainly not a BLM supporter but I don't want to jump to conclusions as to this guy's motivations. It does seem more clear cut this time that the driver is racist.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If that is based on the Facebook post screenshotted earlier then all that is calling for is better education. Not a whole lot that could be established from that post he made except for him being an angry person that can't spell.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It is being reported that this was almost certainly not planned

It is being reported that the vehicle and driver had previously been involved in another incident

It was without doubt terrorising for anyone involved or witnessing this

However you can all drop the "terrorist incident" angle

Any questions PM me. Do not respond to this post in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 22,419 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I feel so sorry for the people who have lost loved ones or may have life altering injuries and mental scarring from this incident.

Whether the people were killed intentionally, or they were killed and maimed due to reckless disregard for the safety of others, the outcome is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Whatever about his motivations, this is not simply a case of someone fleeing a scene accidentally losing control of a car and hitting a crowd.

At one point the car slows, changes direction slightly then accelerates quickly hitting several more people on the parade route.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

Sickening and cowardly. RIP to the victims.

Too many mad and bad people in that country.

I feel sorry for the decent peaceful Americans, who have to live in such a crazy place.

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

CNN still reporting the suspect as "he or she" ...

so disingenous...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

America has always "been on the brink" almost since its foundation. It's been overall a White Anglo Saxon Christian nation in culture and outlook, with a load of different cultural forces beneath that layer pulling in different directions and sometimes bubbling to the surface. At it's technological and economic height in the post war years to the 70's(even the 80's) where the wealth gap was at its lowest and the middle classes never had it so good there was still quite the divide between the haves and have nots and the less White Anglo Saxon and Christian you were the more likely this was to be the case. Even in that "golden age" there was paranoia over commies, Vietnam, race riots etc. So "America's on the brink" could be leveled at many if not most points in their history. I don't think this time is any different and their still there. About the only difference these days are more voices in the mix and more factionism.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Yep definitely some narrative shaping happening, is it usual for them to take so long to release the identity of the suspect when it's blatantly obvious of who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

exactly. and even if he was fleeing and didn't know the road was blocked, and even if he didn't care and overrun the blockers, finally, when he reached the parade with the people, every, even a person in a stress situation fleeing from someone chasing him would have blown the horn with no end and the people would have immediately stepped away, giving way to this lunatic. And yes, when he arrived at the parade, he purposely changed direction being exactly in line with the left row of people, mowing them over like some lawn mower the lawn. but no, doesn't look like it was planned.

what should that mean, it wasn't planned? Maybe he didn't plan it meticously in the last months, weeks, days or even hours, maybe he decided it when he stepped into his car but who cares? not important. seeing this horrible videos it was 100% on purpose. to state something ' it wasn't planned' suggest it was somehow an accident or what? ridiculous and a slap in the face to the bereaved and my guess, it won't be the last, as always in this horrible cases.

He has been named. Just taking CNN and the likes a little longer to report so they can get their narrative ready.

Edit... Just realised I pretty much repeated what you said. Sorry. Been a long day

Wow, I didn't watch the video because of its nature. That really does sound like a purposeful murder spree. I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Ugh. Look at this piece of ****.

Some people are the worst. I know it's just another name on twitter but how and why do people think this is even remotely appropriate?

I agree, it does not matter to the dead or injured or grieving families.

I don't think there's any suggestions it was a mistake though, and legally it does matter, when it comes to which charges he will get and by extention, what sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

I'd advocate for an even harsher sentence than the death penalty if it was available.

Utter scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Most recent report I could find said they've a person of interest, but police wouldn't name him.

It's not believed to be terrorism or payback for Rittenhouse.

And they are looking at the lad they have may have been fleeing a knife fight.

Looking like an accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Shao Kahn

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself into our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." (John Wayne)

Perhaps. I'd like him to be handcuffed and restrained and let the victims families have an hour with him to do whatever they see fit.

I'm obviously speaking on a purely emotional level here and don't want a society that deals with issues like this but I am ridiculously"triggered" by seeing a video of a little girl happily dancing in the street and narrowly avoiding getting mowed down by a racist, paedophile, ****.

Accident? Oh my god.

Really?

An accident?

Get to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

She is a Democratic party local officer.

Once again it bares repeating that the left and progressive side of politics becoming a vehicle for Middle and upper class white ideologues who have a rabid hatred of White working class communities is a dead end.

They aren't exactly to enamoured with Jews, Hindus, East Asians, African immigrants either.

Man, I couldn't give a **** what her political leanings are. If your first reaction to this incident isn't utter disgust, you are a piece of ****.

Attributing this to karma rather than the actions of a maniac is indefensible.

But we have people calling this an "accident"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The easy solution would be step away from the keyboard if you “triggered” that profoundly. Emotional overreacting is seldom good for discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Yeah he accidentally ran over 40 people 🙄

What an outrageous comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It does sound purposeful and as if the driver was specifically targeting people from that description. But that misses out the fact that there was crowds of people in every direction at that point, and odd as it sounds, going through the parade was the least crowded bit as they were even more people lining the route. There was plenty of options to hit even more people if they had chosen to do so.

They could also have stopped of course, but for whatever reason carried on hitting people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement