Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

“it does annoy some drivers in the right lane though and think everyone should drive on top of the other car and will even undertake me to fill this gap all just to get one space ahead of me so they can drive up the rear end of the next car, some really big idiots out there.”

This behaviour is endemic now these idiots are back doing whatever jobs they do, I didn’t miss these lads when restrictions had them off the road-

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I’ve seen some terrifying tailgating on the commute. Hasn’t happened to me but inches between cars at 120+ is not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Best description I've heard of commuting is time that you're working for free. If you commute 2 hours a day then you're working 10 hours for the price of 8

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah I'm glad I'm able to WFH, been that way since the start of the pandemic and my wife has been working at home since last November when she came off maternity leave

There's a lot of positives to it that I think weren't appreciated before, for example our daughter was sick in crèche earlier and it's just a quick hop to pick her up and we'll be able to work tomorrow and look after her in parallel. Before one of us would have to use a days vacation to look after her

I can also see how it doesn't work for a lot of people. We've both got out own offices at home with proper desks and monitors and space to work. Kids are in school/crèche so we've time to focus. One of my colleagues only has a chest of drawers to sit his laptop on, and others have kids constantly messing around the house making it impossible to concentrate

It's actually made the calculus of commuting a bit different for me. Before I didn't want to spend too much time on the road so would only be interested in jobs near my house. Now I'd consider jobs further afield if I was only heading in a couple of days a week

I think a lot of people's requirements might change over the next year or two. Even as they return to the office, employees will demand more flexibility and companies that resist will find themselves unable to hire anyone.

There might be more demand for home with room for an office, and it could push people further from the cities to avoid the already insane property market in Dublin

Unfortunately that'll probably mean more traffic on the motorways as people will be taking a longer commute a few days a week instead of a shorter commute every day

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I called about the credit today ad was told that it takes 60 'working days' and that I should see it in my account next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

60 working days after all paperwork has been received from the dealer and not from when you sign up to sse. Hope you get it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭pad199207

Seen a beautiful ID 3 parked in Naas earlier, white with black alloy wheels.

Drover around 200 Kms today, have 50% left, the extra range is just incredible. Most of it was motorway speeds too, set off preheated and heat around 21-22 Deg. Really delighted I Opted for the 77 Kwh !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finally got the first part of 2.3 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Got part 1 of 2.3 update on 12th nov. Nothing of part 2 yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Will be doing out 330km trip north this evening so will be interesting to see how the colder weather affects range.

In the warmer weather we would have been arriving with approx. 120km (25%) left.

I discovered the ID3 Battery heater does not preheat the battery while plugged into the mains, when I got into the car it was at around 8 Deg C probably from charging last night and after around 3 mins I saw the battery heater kick in to around 31 Deg C max temp.

When I got to a junction I stopped and observed a whopping 9 Kw being sucked from the battery for cabin heat and also battery heating, on the 7 Km school run I saw a whopping 39 Kwh/100 Km efficiency lol, unbelievable.

Anyone can see the consumption when stopped just go in to Vehicle and it shows the power consumptions there somewhere in Kwh/hr or something stupid like that.

By the time I got home the consumption was around 31 Kwh/100 Kms for around 14 Kms trip, that's massive. Never saw anything remotely close to this in the I3, most it would have been would be around 21 Kwh/100 Kms.

I noticed high consumption yesterday also on a shorter motorway trip, something like 30 Kwh/100 Kms, was around 40 Kms round trip and doing full 120 Km/hr.

They really need to get to grips with the battery heating and I believe some earlier id3 heat to 24 deg C ? seems they plan to change the way the car heats the battery in version 3 but that will be end of 2022 I bet given the slow rate they update software, I still haven't got ver 2.3

I did not have a preheat schedule set which could have prevented battery heating but I don't know whether this would have made a difference but you're think at the very least that the battery would preheat while plugged in when you activate preheat and suck power from the grid.

There really needs to be a battery precondition option in the app and in the car so you can choose whether to waste all this energy for short trips or not and there should be an option to preheat more for fast charging.

I'm definitely glad I have the 77 Kwh now lol-

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

Some Info for anyone having trouble with the Screen Washer Jets been too low or too high.

Mine were spraying the bottom half of the windscreen.

Adjustment is by turning the Allen Screw right beside the water nozzle outlet. A little bit awkward to do but solves the problem, which can be annoying now that winter is coming at us.

Hope it helps someone as numerous posts have helped me a lot.

Mad lad I did a similar trip yesterday. It was 2 degrees outside and I preheated the car to 21C. Consumption was 23 kWH /100 km.

I got in to the car this morning, outside temp -1.5 Deg C and the battery had preheated and was at 12/13 Deg C, it wasn't from charging because I hadn't got it plugged in but this time had a preheat timer set, yesterday I only preheated manually so this is probably what made the difference, this is id3 tour 5.

Did you preheat off the mains ? If so did you have a preheat timer set or set preheat manually ?

This morning I noticed the battery did preheat with preheat timer set and not plugged in, this morning I had a preheat timer set and this is probably what made the battery preheat. Consumption was around I "think" 21 Kwh/100 Kms by the time I got to Blanch starting at -1.5 degrees from home and 6 degrees by the time I got to Dublin, this wasn't too bad considering I drove 125 Km/hr all the way on the M9/M7 and then 100-110 on the N7 and same again on M50.

But here's the thing, if preheating while not plugged in I don't think the car adds this to the Kwh/100 Km so my consumption was probably way higher, I think it only calculates this when the car is switched on which makes sense.

Yesterday while stationary with cabin heat on and battery heater I noticed consumption near 10 Kw that's a fair amount of consumption when only doing short distances where there really isn't need for battery heating.

No it wasn’t plugged in before I left so didn’t preheat from mains

whatever about consumption it’s a nice feature in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

Commuter run at -1c today for 11km saw 22.8kwh/100kwh.

And two days later I get the prompt for part 2. Installing now so let's see if it's done by lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hopefully done in about 2 hours, don't get too excited with all the changes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Manual pre-heat is only 30mins max. Not enough time to get a -1°C cabin up to 21°C and also fully heat a massive battery pack. It helps but just not enough when its that cold.

Plugged in and departure time set is the way to go, so that it can turn itself on at an appropriate time, based on outside temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JC 3.14159

I preheated a couple of mornings ago without having it plugged in (just to verify that setting it in the app works) - think it was only for 15 minutes but that was enough to knock 5% off the battery. A full 30 minutes would take a fair chunk of it away.

So for those without home chargers (yet) be careful of setting recurring timers or you could be in for a low battery shock these coldish mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Got part 1 of 2.3 update on 12th nov. Sent emailto weconnect-support. Reply says i will get email for permission to get part 2. Anybody need to give permission a second time?

Thats about right. In really cold temps, when cabin is pre-heating and the battery is heating it will use about 10kW.... run that for 20mins and that will be about 3kWh's used from the battery which is about 5% of the battery.

Plugged in and a departure time set, is the way to go.... if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Car now stuck in production for two months, losing hope of collecting this January 3rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭smpillai11

Mine was production week 45. I don't see my vin number in we connect yet. It's such a long wait. Ordered early August

Nope. Got part one on Sunday and part two today (Tuesday).

Wasn't manual preheat if you had read my post properly! 😛 Shame on you!

I had depart timer set this time to depart 6am.

I was just surprised it heated the battery while not plugged in.

I did read it. I was referring to your reference to "yesterday I only preheated manually"... shame on you for not reading your own post! 😜

• Advertisement

Advertisement