Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Is Curtis Jones out for long? He seems to struggle to stay fit. Isn’t it mad to think that there’s even a debate now about who our first choice LB should be considering my how good Robbo has been for us. I’d still have Robbo but Kostas deserves game time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Think Jones is due back soon... it's not even fitness this time, just a freak finger in his eye, scratching it.

We do seem to have horrendous luck though, even on top of the usual muscle strains and stuff, we've a disproportionate number of bad tackles ruling out players for long periods. Wonder does the heavy physical workload make some of them more susceptible to impacts causing more serious problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Careful mentioning things like our susceptibility to niggles and injuries. Youll get that Dutch guy ranting about Klopp and hamstrings again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Someone fingered Jones during training, must have been a hard fingering when it's taking this long to recover. Not that he's missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd be starting Ox in the next run of games against Porto, Southampton, Everton, Wolves, Milan & Villa and give him a chance to make the starting spot his own now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't think he is starting if all fit but he has made himself a viable option again the last few weeks. He was up and down on Saturday. Long may it continue cos we badly need that depth.

I see the ball boy from the Barca game is in the Champions League squad and he is scoring goals for fun in the under 18 Premier League 12 goals in 8 games, I wonder could he get a few minutes in either of the next two games against Porto or AC Milan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He's only playing u18. It's not even u23 level. Massive step up from u18 to CL.

Thiago is doing the pre match press conference so that means he will be starting tomorrow night.

I'd start Ox again. Strike while the iron is hot with him, and in a bit of form and fit. Use him while you can. I don't think he wil start all of the next upcoming games, but if he stays fit, he could well play a part in a lot of them in the congested period. I think Klopp will look more to start Fabinho Thiago Hendo as his central midfield. It gives more control in games. Ox can play from the bench and he should start in Milan too. Probably the League Cup game also.

• Advertisement

Some mad transfer talk today that Liverpool are looking at Mount as he is frustrated at Chelsea and Chelsea have put a £70m price tag on him.

So that is Pulisic and Mount both linked to Liverpool this week their agents must be looking for big pay rises off Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mount been at Chelsea since what 7 or something no chance he leaves now not a hope in hell,

We need to give Mo & Mane new deals asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Athletic have a Black Friday deal of £1 a month for 12 months: https://theathletic.com/checkout2/intro12monthly/?source=twitterorganic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Happily take Pulisic for the right price. He does appear injury prone though, not that they'd sell anyway or that we'd be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Thanks, I'm subscribing - really good deal. Very good journalism there from my experience.

Sounds like Robbo, Neco, Milner & Origi all trained today.

I wonder if the game is too soon for some of them? Neco & Origi should we'll start I'd say and if Milner is fit enough, it would be great. Give Robbo a small bit longer of a rest.

• Advertisement

Jota trained too, which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

You could argue that this is the same reason to but out a 2nd string team - too much money at steak to damage future games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Maybe get 20/30 mins out of milner coming on for one of the regulars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Result last night was as good as Ole in Paris. Give Carrick a five year contract! 😄

Morton not playing with the u19s today would suggest he will be involved tonight. Harvey Blair is not involved with the u19s either but I don't think he will be playing tonight for the seniors.

Both Bradley & Beck are playing for the u19s so they won't be involved with the seniors. Balizaghi is also not playing for the u19s but that might be due to injury.

Need to win, why not. Keep the wins going, this could be a CL walk to the final for us this year. So many English teams in next round, and you'd expect they'll all get to 1/4 finals . So it will make for interesting draws in 1/4 final as we can all meat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Also, Jimmy Iovine, co-founder of Interscope Records and Beats Electronics, is the latest investment partner in Fenway Sports Group. He is now one of 29 partners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Surely you use soccer players to promote a soccer club, range of soccer club clothes, it's like getting a gynaecologist to give you a filling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

That works for soccer fans. What about all the people who aren't soccer fans but they know other sports people and celebs. This type of thing is what makes people hear about Liverpool for the first time.

We're still behind utd for revenue. We need a larger group of people for sales and those marketing charts that get brought out when the club negotiates sponsorship deals.

Tonight's game, the Milan game & the League Cup game will be nice opportunities to play some combos of senior / reserve players together to 'try out'. Which will be needed thought December & January when games come thick and fast.

It also gives an opportunity to try out front 3 combos ahead of the AFCON. we can't just start a new 3 together during that period and expect them to be playing with a relationship as strong as the regular front 3. Would have been nice to start Bobby, Taki & Jota tonight to get them used to playing with each other. For that reason, I'd nearly start Jota as the 1 from the regular 3 tonight, alongside Taki & Origi. At least get a Taki & Jota relationship going.

Reports that Sheff Utd have given up on Brewster and are trying to off load him in January.

Was that Edwards final master stroke in the transfer market getting £24m for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Nat Phillips has scored more PL goals than him.

Was even more impressive than his Coutinho deal. Ridiculous really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Morton starts,what a night for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gomez still injured I presume?

Playing both Mane and Mo feels like overkill a bit, but with Div only coming back from injury and the main options of the kids being ineligible, I can understand it.

looks like Thiago as the 6, which is always a bit annoying - takes the sting out of his game. Unless Morton plays there, but that seems a big ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Bit disappointed Kelleher doesn't start. He's not gonna get any better on the training ground and Alison has a habit of picking up injuries. Hopefully it doesn't happen again but if it does, we need a no. 2 who's capable and has a few games under his belt and not just thrown in at the deep end

These are the games to do it in, not a league cup game with 5/6 of the starting 11 coming from the youths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Honestly don't know how Edwards can sleep at night.

What is Morton, ?? A Fabinho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

First 10 mins, they've been a bit crap

• Advertisement

Has to be a penalty

WTF

HE MISSED IT

No pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not sure there was even much contact there.

Never touched him he was down before the tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mistakes from Tsimikas and Konate have handed Porto their two chances. Got away with both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Living on the edge.

• Advertisement

Bloody hell that was a serious sitter of a miss! How’d he possibly not keep it on target from there?! Big let off for us there.

Shame to see Pepe go off as he would have been the player to target in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Konate booked for being big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just have to look at these Porto players and they go down

Ox having a good game running down everything and covering every blade of grass.

• Advertisement
Advertisement