Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

Well it mustn't be anything to do with the 'story in the village' ,the subject of this thread,anyway or he would have said...

Why you as a green party supporter are being asked about internal FG matters is beyond me too 😂

It is an internal FG matter and you are asking a green party supporter about it,why? Was my valid question

Secondly you never quoted the adjunct until now about the 3 wanting the Kilkenny YFG Committee reinstated,so quite how I'm supposed to know about that when puzzled by the rest of your post,I don't know

Btw,AFAIK that branch wasn't closed,the branch still exists and will need to vote for a new committee

The actual members will have a say on matters then

A say they were it seems denied on the twitter post

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Originally posted by Marine Layer

It is an internal FG matter and you are asking a green party supporter about it,why? Was my valid question

I asked blanch if he considered it "new news" he could be a green supporter or a Judean people's front supporter if he wanted to be, either or would not be relevant to asking him, if he considered a newly published article in the media to be "new news" .

Can you quote me asking them anything about "internal fg matters"?

Originally posted by Marine Layer

Secondly you never quoted the adjunct until now about the 3 wanting the Kilkenny YFG Committee reinstated,so quite how I'm supposed to know about that when puzzled by the rest of your post,I don't know

Ah here, anyone with even a slight bit of knowledge or interest in this case would be fully aware of why those members of YFG were terminated, (for calling for Varadkar to resign due to his criminal investigation) and why it was in the news again. I refuse to believe you weren't fully aware of that, as you were commenting on it last week.

Btw,AFAIK that branch wasn't closed,the branch still exists and will need to vote for a new committee

The actual members will have a say on matters then

A say they were it seems denied on the twitter post

I am prob not the only one scratching their chin now wondering how you know all the above, but couldn't understand how the kk YFG members were relevant to this thread considering?

The two things are directly related to each other after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

the members of yfg were thrown out / resigned / terminated because they called for leo varadkar to resign because he was under criminal investigation , that is pretty releavnt to this thread seeing as its all about leo and him being at the centre of a criminal investigation how much more releavant to a thread could something actually be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

Are you not telling us not to discuss this one now either? I've no interest in Arsenal so you won't find me bitching about people who do over in an Arsenal thread. Just sayin'.

• Advertisement

Sooo... FG shut the whole branch down because of a few "homophobic hicks"? Loose cannons?

How on earth did these members of YFG and I assume FG get access to YFG twitter is astounding!

So you're 'one of our own' until you question the leadership. The leader, to be fair, who engaged in cronyism and leaking a confidential document for which he is under criminal investigation.

When is it okay to question leadership?

You originally didn't reference the Varadkar bit in the Times article at all so you can hardly complain that I was puzzled as to how your post asking a green supporter about an internal FG matter was relevant

Regarding the branch not being closed,its on the public record that YFG hq require the members to vote for a new committee in that branch

Hardly possible if the branch was disbanded

It isn't

I'll assume that since you're lecturing others on reading posts or getting their facts straight, that you'll correct your own and indeed that you'll know where I garnered the above public information

• Registered Users Posts: 23,969 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

"manipulative” “threatening”,“irremediably toxic”,

"manipulative” “threatening”,“irremediably toxic”,

"manipulative” “threatening”,“irremediably toxic”.

The walls are closing in on Captain Pugwash. What a pity. Maybe even a criminal shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I have to love the overly personal type of replies from your good self. I guess once you get to regurgitate the same old tired half dozen news pieces about Leo every few days you think it's 'Job done'. My guess is by Sunday we will be talking about Kylie Minogue again.

And yes, I do not use Twitter. But make the thread about that sure why don't you. :)

So we are still talking about a few lads in YoungFG? I guess when nothing is becoming of the actual investigation and as Garda sources stated that some of the witnesses are changing their stories to drag it out, they are being taken in hook line, and sinker.

• Advertisement

On regards our Paddy, some more disturbing details being released in the High Court today about his actions.

A hero to some..

Are you in to not tell us not to talk about something else too?

I don't think Varadkar will do porridge, do you?

TBF to the Garda, they know Varadkar leaked the confidential document to his friend, the head of a rival union. So looking at whether it was criminal or not is more academic than dependent on witness statements i would imagine. Also we don't know which witnesses that loose talk pertains to.

Let's wait until the investigation concludes. We don't know if Varakar is a criminal.

If its true that he did actually make an enemy of the big D, he's so professionally dead that they'll have to bury him twice.

D will fund the other boys all the way to the Court of God Almighty himself, until the Summit companies are busted to dust.

I do love it when that certain kind of hubris goes down in flames.

So now both of the other co founders of the Web Summit are Sueing PC ?

My word !

Whether he is, or whether he isn't, the story has moved on. The only narrative now, is the motivation and the temperament of the person, or people, that raised the complaint.

Chay Bowes is a crank, a shoulder chip, even some other things that are alleged and remain the subject of litigation.

And now Patrick, our Captain Ahab, alleged to be what amounts to an unstable sociopath and thats eveb before we even get to the alleged corporate malfeasance of various sorts.

Its like Azeem Rafiq last week. Poor little victim, fighting the big bold racist and anti-islamic cricket people. Succeeding even the World is against him. What sympathy flowed in. But no, he's just a big ole antisemite.

Hypocrisy will burn. Hubris will burn. Ego will burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Things are beginning to unravel a bit Lar, as you say, lot of dirty linen seems to be being washed .

will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

,Leo is quite right to let stuff take it’s course, and stay schtum, while his critics implode all around him.

👆

Amusing retort,when you consider all that's been posted above is new news on unsavoury allegations on a history of vindictive campaigns about the patriarch of the campaign of unproven law breaking allegations against Varadkar

Vs the repetition of nothing new from the other side regarding said law breaking allegations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Unsavoury but unproven allegations relating to a civil case featuring some gobsh*te with negligible impact on most peoples' day to day lives......versus unsavoury, unproven but currently under criminal investigation matters relating to one of the seniormost politicians in the country.

How anyone can jump up and down about the first while claiming, 'nothing to see here' on the second I have no idea. Reeks of dishonest engagement to be honest. Those defending Paddy to the hilt claiming they're just allegations while condemning Leo aren't quite as bad....but it is a fine margin there.

I could be mistaken, but weren't you one of the poster's shouting about, 'nothing new' the very day the issues with KK YFG broke?

Unfounded is the incorrect adjective. The legal actions against him clearly have foundation and only the deluded would say otherwise.

Unproven is what they are, but if they are ultimately proven in Court, not only does it bring down a world of shyt on Cosgrave, it begs questions about the motivation for everything he does and is involved in.

It was always suspected that his hostility towards Fine Gael people, Enterprise Ireland, the IDA, Dublin City Council and God knows who else, was due to a perceived slight on his business and on him personally in relation to his activities in Dublin. There is prima facia evidence now that this is precisely the case and that all his subsequent actions are vexatious and spiteful.

Varadkar has a case to answer, and he will. Cosgrave has a case to answer now too and you'd better be sure that he will.

• Advertisement

Yfg kk ?

What would you think would be the reaction in any party if people tweeted a point of view from a branches twitter without discussion, about any party leader ?

Action would be taken and it was

Fact is there is no new news in a long time on the accusations against Varadkar promoted by PC

But in recent days there is plenty of new news on allegations from 2 of his former business partners about vandetta's being the modus operandi of PC and a news article suggesting the main accusing players are frustrating the varadakar investigation

You guys need to stay out of the bookies on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

You guys?

Always with the us vs them mentality, ML.

Let me be clearer.....find a single post of mine which has contained any sort of insinuation about LV or presumed his guilt? What exactly should I stay out of the bookies for? For pointing out the walking contradiction that is your posting history on this thread?

My issue isn't with people calling for the presumption of innocence of Leo (or indeed Paddy).....it is the blatant hypocrisy on show when calling for it for one while engaging in the presumption of guilt for the other.

What do I think the reaction would be? I'm not sure. I can imagine the posts on here should a certain other party shut down a youth branch for disagreeing with the party leader though.

I'd agree with you on presumptions of innocent

But as you know one side of the debate here in particular were by trial and error using every linguistic trick they could to refer to varadakar as a criminal

If my side of the thread are doing likewise with PC,please report it,because I haven't seen it

My opinion is some of the former looked to me like engaging in the sport of doing so to rise those on the opposite side,in vain mostly as more important at this stage than the substance

Thats going on in both sides of this thread and is unhealthy

We've two years of Taoiseach Leo ahead is my opinion

After that,or maybe in interviews before,I look forward to hearing all the stuff we aren't privy to at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 19,382 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Very amusing indeed, I have to chortle to myself at the what to me seems to be faux horror about what DR Varadhker allegedly has done and not a word about what others have allegedly done, on any front.

Very strange kind of reactions would seem to me to be the kindest way of describing it.

With all due respect, it isn't its hole.

How paddy cosgrave conducts himself or what he says about Varadkar is no more important than Hello! magazine is to the criminal investigation into Varadkar's actions.

Talk about a nothing story. I don't care what paddy says or does. Doesn't change what Varadkar did and the fact he is under criminal investigation prior to becoming Taoiseach, possibly, again.

People are desperate to use paddy to deflect for Varadkar. Going after Varadkar's critics is so obvious and sly.

'The other side' consists of people who don't want a criminal for Taoiseach. Regardless of the party they like.

No repetition needed. The criminal investigation is ongoing. We know he leaked the confidential document. That matter is solved.

Yourself and others coming in every day to discuss how 'over' the story is or 'moved on' is the desperately amusing part.

1) There's no need to deflect for Varadkar, the story appears to have gone cold, for the moment anyway.

2) Paddy's travails are of his own making, the only people going after him are direct business associates of his.

3) Of course it matters what Cosgrave says and does. He, Chay Bowes and Village Magazine are the genesis of the story that led to the complaint about Varadkar. They have also, together, aimed shots at various entities, some connected to the pandemic and some already proven very wide of the mark. This frames the context of the whole motivation behind the Varadkar complaint. So, with all due respect, youre talking rubbish and the MSM and social media response to the continuing Cosgrave revelations shows thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,661 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Nobody has presumed the guilt of Paddy. Evidence has been presented in the form of extracts from affadavits to the court i.e. actual court evidence has been produced and commented on.

There has been no court evidence produced in the case of Leo. It hasn't gone to court, while the actions against Paddy are further advanced and court evidence is available for commentary. That may never happen for Leo, because the likelihood is that there won't be a court case.

As for shutting down a youth branch, that is in the ha-penny place when forcing MLAs to step down is the new order of the day.

And Councillors and party officers and assistants and volunteers and.........

• Advertisement

The genesis was Varadkar leaking. The Village should be commended on making it known. Like all criminal investigations there isn't really any news until it's concluded.

Paddy is of no interest to me. If you started a Paddy thread I'd likely not visit. What he says and does has nothing to do with the criminal investigation AFAIC. What ever his issue is, it does not clear Varadkar of what we know he did. Smearing the whistleblowers never worked out well for FG in the past. They even call their own party members 'Homophobic hicks' when they question the leadership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement