Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Mbappe is a beast, feels lightyears ahead of Baby R9. And some players just appear plain terrified of him too, as soon as they pick up the ball they drop off 15 yards.

And for his chem reasons I finally joined the Kimpembe club too replacing OTW Alaba 😅

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

0-4 in playoffs so far. Want to put my head through the wall at this stage.

This game has defeated me. I am wilting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

You are not alone, its a real 1 step forward, 25 steps back game, play 5-10 matches where my players play to the tactics and look terrific, i think to myself, finally something is working.

Next day, its a clustermuck, players are running around like crazy, cant even laugh at it anymore, at this stage when i see Navas Kimpembe and Kounde, i nearly quit at the idea of playing the next 15mins cos i know exactly how its going to play out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Give into the darkness and get Kimpembe and co. That record will be 4-0.

I refuse to do it! But he's so good I don't see him going away any time soon.

Played out the full 9 games, went 4-1, but then 5-1, so I gave the next 2 away but couldn't give the last one away as the guy used Kimpembe, so I had to make him work for it.

• Advertisement

I caved a while back and got him as I got Hakimi untradeable. Haven’t looked back since, phenomenal CB. Fekir on the other hand, can’t understand the hype. 62 games 16 goals 28 assists as a CAM for me, awful but can’t fit in anyone else cos chem.

It would be hard for me to get Kimpembe in without killing my chem. I actually have his card, just don't use it.

Would need to change keeper probably, and a full back, and potentially a midfielder. Veratti likely needed I'd think.

Donnarumma, Kimpembe, Hakimi and Tchouameni or some other French CM to link off depending on your squad.

Sold off the top players in my team in anticipation of BF and you can really notice the difference. Came on tonight, played 6 games, lost 5 and won 1. I still need 3 wins tomorrow for the 7 win rewards. Connection was choppy as **** so not sure what’s going on there but whole team was shite… definitely need a big change-up with the team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rivals experience.

two or three minutes to find a game.

every team you play is using identical line ups.

game starts, mad skillz, mad skillz, mad skillz.

get to the by line, mad skillz. Get a corner. Use the corner exploit.

Celebrate as obnoxiously as possible.

pass around the back for 90% of the game.

and repeat. Every. Single. game.

im legit struggling to think of a time the game felt this toxic. I feel as if all the casual players have disappeared. Or maybe not being able to get relegated means I a, stuck in a pure toxic division. It’s not even a mechanics issue. It’s just as if all the decent players have left the game, and all that’s left are the 12 year old YouTubed wannabes.

going to take an extended break from rivals (which, if everyone does, only causes the problems to get worse). Friendlies seem ok, by and large. But rivals is just pure dirt currently, at least for me.

I echo this. I will also highlight people who just do back and forth mad skills in the box to buy penalties. Pure trolling.

The game has been a total mess ever since the new season started. Season 1 was very enjoyable in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I just play and get my 7 wins a week for the rewards, I don't care about what division I'm in anymore, it's not fun playing in Rivals anymore. No matter what division you're in you're going to go through patches of winning some and losing some, it's so sweaty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i generally find the lads who immediately spam skills at kick off i can beat (and i cant skill at all)

its the people who rarely skill who beat me.

What do you do instead of Rivals? Are Friendlies not a bit pointless since there's no rewards?

And SBs suck.

100%. It’s exactly what I’m coming up against in D2R1. Actually had a game last night where a fella kept constantly doing it even tho I kept shutting him down or he kept missing. The whole game, 8 corners, 8 attempts at that thing and he scored on one of his final two attempts. Drove me insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah why is it taking an absolute age to find games in Rivals now? Gameplays been crap for 2 weeks too

I reckon a whole lot of casual players are done with it.

It's very frustrating because you can see it coming, you can take control of your strongest defender at the back post, and they will still score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Out of curiosity, what platform are people playing on?

I'm PS5 and having this issue but was putting half of it down to there being less next gen players. Late at night in particular you log on and it can be 5-10 minutes searching for a game with a 5 bar ping and even then the connection signal pops up during matches sometimes. Wired connection btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

PS5 also, noticed it can take a bit longer to find an opponent these last few days. Have you tried the PS4 version? I wonder is there more casuals on that.

The finding a match delay has been an issue on PS5 for about 2 weeks now. The dodgy game play has been a problem ever since Season 2 started.

Last night I was searching and it was taking ages, and I was getting games with 70 ping. It's basically unplayable. But then other games feel like you're playing the game in fast forward when everyone runs so incredibly fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I'm Xbox One and had this shite last night. I't wasn't as bad as 5 or 10 minutes waiting for a game but it went though a search cycle once each time without finding a match, which i've not seen since the end of FIFA 21. I was putting it down to me being in Division 1 and maybe there's less playing late at night, but it seems like everyone is having the same issues. And even when you do get a game, they are not even fun just stressful.

On the plus side, i played a few friendlies for the eredivise objective defender and GG is back. I got all the games done in less than an hour. Maybe that's where the less toxic people are hiding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There's plenty to do at the moment to take up my time...

Monday - Wednesday:

I get my 7 wins in Rivals that can take anywhere from 7 - 20 games to get.

Silver stars out on Wednesday also.

Thursday/Sunday or a mix:

Weekend League Qualification. I've never qualified playing Monday - Wednesday.

Friday - Sunday:

Weekend League/Objective players during promos.

Then there's the Milestone players, that's 30 games in Squad battles 🤮 and then the friendlies objective players, I play this when I'm not concentrating fully or watching TV.

Anyone on PS5, the PS4 version of the game has much better gameplay. With the new engine they've added all these extra animations which either cost you a goal or stop you scoring by doing an extra touch you didn't want, plus all the pro's play on PS5 so you'd avoid them also!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m Xbox X, and Xbox S, and in Div 2. Games take two or three minutes to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I reckon the changes they've put in and the severely nerfed awards have all but driven away the most hardcore.

Hell if I even make it to 7 rival wins I'm doing good. Its not that I'm losing but that I have a serious lack of interest in the game. I generally just finish work, the young lad nags me to open up fifa to see the SBCs, I do a rivals match and a SB for objectives but I just hand him over the controller and fall asleep on the couch while he plays away.

Could not have put it better myself, 100% agree, in my opinion, adding copious amount of "skill" moves has ruined what was left of a, to be fair already a poor game, the last time i enjoyed fifa was about fifa 13 or 14 i think. Its just win at all cost, spam as many skill moves you can matches now

The last time i enjoyed playing any football game just for the gameplay was Pro Evo 6 (the Adriano one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah same as the other repllies - I'm on PS5. Not convinced its due to a lower playerbase, something changed when the season switched over, tighter matchmaking maybe.

Even late on Fifa 21 I was finding quicker games on PS5

Yeah forgot pro evo, i liked that Adriano one to, i just cant believe how different the gameplay is in ultimate team rivals and WL compared to friendlies, playing rivals my tactics are hit and miss, some games they work great, other times just not existent.

Playing the EFL and Portugese league obj's, the tactics are spot on every game, the very same tactics i use in rivals and UT, it just doesnt make sense

Managed to get up to Div3R1, first time I've ranked up in ages.

Di Natale is an absolute monster for me. Love him.

Played a game against a guy who long celebrated every single goal, he scored in the 90th min to go 4-3 up and did the whole obnoxious celebration thing. I went straight up the field from kick off and Di Natale banged it in, it felt amazing. Even shouted at the telly and my 2 year old looked at me bemused. 😄

• Advertisement

Gas - i had this exact same conversation in my head yesterday. I had just come off the back of a horrible 1 win in 7 matches in rivals where that exact thing happened - misplaced passes, tactics seemingly not existent, all the usual crap. Then i switched to friendlies and everything worked like a dream.

Could it be as simple as the rivals games are against guys of a similar level using tactics that maybe cancel out your own, and maybe they read your passes so it may look like a misplaced pass. Whereas in friendlies you could be playing people from Div 10 -Div 1 who maybe don't read your passes, don't have custom tactics, and by and large can't upset your play.

Adriano was the Kimpembe equivalent back then, unplayable!

Advertisement