Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Before grant its 1099 for untethered and 1199 tethered (5m cable).

To be honest I haven't done a huge amount of research on whether there's better options out there and at a cheaper price but I quite liked that the charger itself is quite small.

People in this thread or the EV charger thread would know if there's better out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Thanks. It certainly seems to be one of the better looking charge points. I wonder will electric Ireland use the grey/black circuit breaker switch that I've seen posted here rather than the awful yellow / red one that seems to be standard

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Just looking at the brochure and I may have missed it but are memory seats only available on the premium plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Yes it looks like it, I test drove a Premium today and it had no memory seats. The dealer wasn't 100% sure if the Premium Plus even had them!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Kn do the install and it's the red yellow in my experience although you could buy the one you want and ask the fitter if he will use ,most of the lads are sound.

• Advertisement

Has anyone had the free charger from Hyundai fitted ? Any idea which model it is? I'm already with energia so not sure if ill be eligible for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ptltd

I'm going through that process, spoke to the Energia EV team on Monday, it's the eo pro mini 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Can we call them directly? I provided the latest utility bill to dealer and said he would contact and come back? I guess no harm in calling the customer care directly!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ptltd

My dealer did the same.

Rather that waiting for a call from Energia, I called Energia sales first to get more info about the deal, they might say if you are eligible, then they gave me the 'EV Team' 1850 719 377 opt 4, to get info about what the charger is, install process. They asked if I had had gone ahead with sales, I said no and wanted more info about the charger and install before going ahead.. They were helpful.. Their standard install is less than 10 meters from the meter/board, meter tails and ground up to spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Magic Bjorn, looks like he has solved the rapidgate enigma in the Ioniq5/EV6!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Any ruckus around delivery in January orders yet. Nearly ordered in August for January. Went Tesla instead in the end as a better chance of getting it, but now that's estimate jumped to Feb. Originally ordered a ID4 in June for July delivery but cancelled that in August as they basically said they had no idea when I'd get it.

Hopefully a bit smoother for Hyundai people. Have a charger for 2 months now and no car. Just lucky I hung onto my gas guzzler.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Dealer called yesterday to confirm Eircode as he was doing the grant paperwork and prepping documents for registration. Car due in next week and on track for second week of Jan. Ordered in August

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Something similar for me. Think Car is arriving into country today (Exec +) and will be in dealership early next week for me to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭eagerv

Missus ordered the Executive in early Sept. Due into country Mid to late Dec for Jan collection

Sounds good for ye then, should have gone for it but in the end some of the looks of it weren't my cup of tea....

Hindsight is the foresight of a gobshite!

Having awful hassle with energia trying to avail of the free charger offer. Next to impossible to get speaking with someone on the phone, either directly calling the EV team number or sales, then it's we've passed your number to the EV team who will call you back yet never do.

Am I right in saying you've to wait 2 weeks (cooling off period) after switching before they'll install?

Absolute nightmare trying to get to speak to anyone in any company on the phone nowadays.

Fitzpatrick’s in Kildare have gotten a few exec plus cars in. Brian had put a video up showing the difference. Might help those who have ordered and want to see the interior

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Pushed the button and ordered an Exec 58kWh (i.e. the cheapest!) Ioniq 5. Dealer has Est. deliver date of 31/1/22, fingers crossed it meets that. We weren't fussed on colour too much which helped get a pretty good delivery date.

A couple of things in that video don't seem to align with the spec listed on the Hyundai Ireland site:

• Exec Plus doesn't have Level 2 Autonomy (LKAS) - Listed as standard on all models on the Hyundai site
    • Door Handles don't present themselves upon unlock- As per Hyundai spec these should be automatic

Not a huge fan of the half-leather from what is shown in that video

Post edited by beanian on

• Advertisement

I hope the fact that the door handles not auto presenting isn’t the same issue as in the UK. Basically it was on all the demo cars and when people ordered they arrived without despite being on spec list

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Passed a truck heading southbound on the N9 with 8 of them on the trailer this afternoon.

Most dealers have taken delivery of Exec Plus 53kWh stock over the past day or so, from what I gather

Hopefully not, I've test driven a Premium and I'm going in to look at an Exec Plus tomorrow.

Was there any resolution to that issue in the UK? The only model on the spec sheet that has manual handles is the Executive.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Excellent video.

Have to say other than the seats there was nothing on the Hyundai website to say that the interiors would be different. So I'm defo not delighted with the plastic panels in the rear and the plastic under panel on front seats.

The Handles thing is weird, and will be annoying. Tbh it would be more annoying than just regular old normal door handles, so again that will probably annoy the **** outta me.

The rear lights being darker and not having the pixelated feel across the back is also not mentioned, but I don't think either or looks any better or worse.

The half leather perforated front seats look shite in all honesty. Might be one of those things that looks better in the flesh but I reckon those little dimples will just make the seats a nightmare to vacuum.

Other than that everything pretty much looks as expected.

Dont think it will make me switch, but annoying that Hyundai Ireland really didn't even seem to fully know what cars were going to land.

Listings also starting to pop up on Carzone of exec plus. On the premium the white interior had cream leather but it seems on the exec plus, the seats are still black/grey

Nope it was basically a “oh well… the doors still open don’t they?”

I’ve a premium due and it’ll be the first thing I’m checking as in the UK basically no spec is arriving with the auto handles

Saw a discussion on finance on this thread, changing from a Tesla order to ioniq5 so went looking for new finance. Credit union recharge loan is very good at 3.9%

Tesla business model how cars are allocated are a disaster would have been waiting 7 months for the spec I ordered and they were charging me an extra 1k to change spec. Have gone for premium plus Ioniq 5 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

I’m just so confused by how they can’t figure out the details of the options that get delivered. Seems very unprofessional.

After seeing this video, happy I ordered the premium. Much prefer the look.

Good news though - dealer confirmed he has a VIN number and that means it’s a ship. Arrival still planned mid December.

• Advertisement

Went to look at the Executive Plus and wasn't impressed at all. The seats looked pretty awful, the door handles were manual (listed as being automatic) and the interior mood lighting was missing (also listed on that model on the Hyundai site), as well as some of the exterior diffs highlights in the excellent video above.

When I raised it with the dealer he mentioned they just got the Executive Plus in and he expects the website to be updated in the coming days. The photo shows the actual differences between premium and Executive Plus.

So I'm back looking at a Premium😫

Advertisement