Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlebrook Manor/surrounds

• 28-06-2021 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

We’re looking at purchase of a house in Castlebook Manor in annacotty

Just wondering if anyone is resident there or around it, what’s it like?
    assuming it’s relatively quiet but never hurts to ask!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We’re looking at purchase of a house in Castlebook Manor in annacotty

Just wondering if anyone is resident there or around it, what’s it like?
    assuming it’s relatively quiet but never hurts to ask!

Cheers!

It's expensive, I'd imagine that most of the buyers in there will be investors so you'll probably get a lot of renters in that estate, nothing against renters but getting to know your neighbours every few years isn't ideal... If you're buying I'd say do it in a more well established estate for less money

Another concern I'd have looking on the plans is even the detached houses seem to be cramped and close together, possible fire risk

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

It's expensive, I'd imagine that most of the buyers in there will be investors so you'll probably get a lot of renters in that estate, nothing against renters but getting to know your neighbours every few years isn't ideal... If you're buying I'd say do it in a more well established estate for less money

Another concern I'd have looking on the plans is even the detached houses seem to be cramped and close together, possible fire risk

What makes you think it will be mainly investors? It’s not cheap but it’s similar in pricing to other estates in limerick such as Mungret Gate and Sli na Manach. Since the very first release of Castlebrook manor I think I have seen one house up for rent there in that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Price very much doesn’t seem expensive at all?
    Similar to all other new builds in limerick really

They’re very close ya, but I think that seems to be the way with most new builds

Have you any evidence of investors buying? Or going purely off the price?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

I live nearby and it’s a nice estate. I just have an observation, a lot of the houses with windows to the floor and a lot of the houses have the curtains drawn all day, a bit like Sli na Manach. It’s a privacy thing but looks terrible.

paulers06 wrote: »
    I live nearby and it’s a nice estate. I just have an observation, a lot of the houses with windows to the floor and a lot of the houses have the curtains drawn all day, a bit like Sli na Manach. It’s a privacy thing but looks terrible.

It's actually a heat thing, A Rated houses are extremely warm in even a bit of sun.

Source: I live in one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

bennyl10 wrote: »

Have you any evidence of investors buying? Or going purely off the price?:)

The price is going to knock a lot of first time buyers out of the market for sure but the main reason I think it's going to attract a lot of investors is the location, 10 minute walk to pretty much any business in Castletroy and maybe 15 to UL, it would be prime rental ground for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kate_bourke18

Did any one buy a house here

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Barbosa92

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sunn112

I did too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gemiliena...

I lIve here too and I’ll tell ye here and now there is hardly any renters and majority are young couples who are first time buyers and are probably working very hard and deserving of there homes #iam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kate_bourke18

Did anyone buy the detached homes? They seem to be all sold

Advertisement