Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hawkeye - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah! Definite vibes of being a Christmas binge! Can't see myself waiting though 😁

2: That really funny! 🙂

Like I'm fully expecting her to somehow get to the level of Side-Kick by the end but she's such a goofball right now!

The interaction with the cop, her trying to impress Clint

Hawkeye on the other end. This is part all-feels hope that he gets home for Christmas but there's a slight die-hard vibe in what he's bringing here.

These baddies.. neh.. like yeah ok they got a bunch of guns and it seems like it's an overwhelming force situation but ... like It's Hawkeye here! Naaaaah, the only thing that's thrown him a little is Kate falling into the place! 😀

Oh and one big huge OOOOOHHHHH! moment when:

she showed the tracker app was the mothers company.. that had been a bit of mystery from the first episode I thought.

Also, fair play to the Mother. It's a suble story but

she did say it was actually her job to keep Kate safe and here she is with the big security company.. that can track phones.

Who knows.. she could even be playing this new boyfriend/maybe con-artist in a reverse-con or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh and I want part of an episode made seeing everything through Pizza-Dog's eyes.

That would be a nice nod to the comics.

I just wanna see the dog get exercise if the entire diet is gonna be pizza! 😁

That's a tonne of carb loading! Plenty of energy to fight crime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought episode 1 was tremendous fun. Loved the Christmas setting, great cast. Hailee Steinfeld is a tremendously likeable actress, Vera Farmiga is always pretty terrific as well. Jeremy Renner also very good so far. Not exactly pushing the envelope like Wanda vision or Loki so far (only one ep in obviously) but I don't mind that tbh.

I loved the dog! My own dog not so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I wouldn't put her in the same category as Ariana Grande at all I would see her as primarily an actress. She is excellent in pretty much everything I have seen her in, since true grit, bumblebee and edge of seventeen she is especially good in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You mean eye singular. It only has one. Maybe it's Fury in anamorphic form. BTW did we see who ended up with "the watch" in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭seanin4711

yer wan is a pain,i'm out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Pretty disappointed.

It looks great and good cast but it all feels so awkward. It fell apart at the auction scene.

So we have the costume & sword from the avengers compound...ok. How the hell did anyone get that?

Clint had no problem with the fire fighter stealing stuff from a burnt house?

Hopefully Echo coming into the show will give it some direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'm guessing after the battle with Thanos they never rebuilt the Avengers compound so people could have easily broken in and found it under the rubble

I think the avengers would make sure there was nothing left, so that people won't rob stuff.

Wasn't Clint wearing the costume at the end of endgame? It seems such a stupid way to bring it back and try to make a connection between Kate and Clint

• Advertisement

Remember Spider-man Homecoming? Vulture practically ran on Chitari tech.

I know it's been faded away from canon but a fire house had an infected Chitari helmet in Agents of SHIELD season 1.

I didn't really think of the potential plot holes until after the credits rolled. While the show was on I was enjoying it. Much like the audience watching Rogers the musical. (In the What If Captain Carter universe that probably would have been a panto) I'm sure none of them cared that Ant-man wasn't in the battle of New York

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

That was very enjoyable. The opening scene was amazing. The Christmas theme, The Renner, Steinfeld relationship, and supporting cast are all working very well here. The MCU TV continue the trend of being more enjoyable than the films.

Post edited by kerplun k on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think Clint was wearing the Ronin outfit for most of Endgame, he was wearing something different after joining back up with the Avengers for the time heist (kind of a mashup of his Hawkeye and Ronin outfits). So his Ronin equipment and outfit was probably in the compound. Then as per Spider-Man Homecoming, there would have been crews brought in to clean up the area after the fight with Thanos, so it was either recovered and stolen then, or put in storage somewhere and then stolen from there. The people in and running the auction are obviously well connected, they probably managed to take some things they felt might not be obviously missed or tracked.

As for Clint not caring about the firefighter stealing it from the fire, I think he saw there was no harm or real ill-intent by the guy, and was more concerned with making sure the guy didn't have it any more or else he could be targetted by people trying to find the real Ronin. That's Clint's main motivation so far; he knows people will kill to find Ronin because of what he did, and he wants to make sure no one else gets hurt because of it.

Yeah I find with films & tv when I start thinking about plot holes I'm not enjoying the film/t.v., it's a sign for me. Hopefully it will pick up. We basically had a hour and hour and were still in the first act. Hopefully the six episode format will mean it will move quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

To be fair she was an Oscar nominated actress long before she released any music, shouldn't be too surprising that she's not useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Seeing a load of sites getting their knickers in a twist over the Thanos Was Right" graffiti and a image form the ep3 where Clint drinks from a Thanos was right mug.

I knew I'd seen this kind of dynamic on Marvel before.

Obviously this one is a bit more family friendly. Looking forward to Wednesday.

I think she felt a bit different.. but like.. it would be cool if both of them turned up! 😲

I'm not expecting them to be honest. I was just pointing out how we have another troubled hero given a new perspective by a young upstart. I also just happened to be running through Seth McFarland's Star Trek "homage" The Orville and Giorgia Whigham turns up there (2 years before The Punisher) and it's one of those "I know her from somewhere" moments that gets you fishing on IMDB and then it hits you. That Lion's mane of hair she has is very distinctive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Clint doing the make believe fighting in the park was good, I can see him going back to that later in season back playing that.

• Advertisement

Kinda wantin an appearance of Punisher now.

I get it though.. it feels a lot to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm confused by this show - it's called Hawkeye but so far is more about Bishop and Hawkeye very little screen time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

There's a reason the show is called "Hawkeye" and not "Clint".

First episode was pretty Kate heavy but they had to give her origin as well as introduce the potential bad guys. Going forward it looks like it'll be more focused on Clint and Kate working together

Some sad news, Alaqua Cox, the actor playing Echo has just lost her father. 🙁

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW6g-oUOV7a/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Uncle speculation

It's Kingpin, right? Right!?

We don't say his name. 😋 If it's going to be the same Fisk as the Netflix version then the uncle is a moniker as Wilson was very much an only child. They missed a trick by not getting Ayelet Zuler (Vanessa) as a background character in the auction scene. Imagine the tongues wagging then.

That was a lot of fun again. I like the deaf representation here. I haven't seen Eternals yet but I understand that there's a deaf actor in that as well. Plus last year there was a deaf character in the video game Miles Morales. Motion captured by a deaf woman.

I'm enjoying it. Plot holes be damned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They teased in Wanda and then p1ssed off a fan base when they didn't follow through.

They are 100% going to follow through with this one imo.

A guess on what they teased in episode 3.

This will be the introduction of the Netflix characters and D'Onofrio will be Fisk in the final episode.

3: !!!!!!!!!!! Dammit!! Don't end that like!

Fun episode all the same 🙂

Had some feels for

Maya and her backstory.

also not sure if Clint is gonna make it home in time.. maybe Christmas Day.

Just went back and rewatched

BIG STRONG HAWKEYE RIDING BRONY

about six times! 😁😂🤣😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Finished with Ep3. We're going down the Mephisto rabbit hole again, aren't we...

Advertisement