Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

some test broadcasting will start soon if previous years are anything to go by.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Lets hope so, is always a nice surprise if you happen to catch it.

yeah, must admit I always get a little buzz if I catch one... i remember last year driving the kids to school and showing telling them it would start in a few days & went to show them it hadnt yet but caught a test broadcast and we all squealed with excitement... 😀

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I assume the FM go live will be 12pm on Sunday? As am away for the weekend, is a good chance I wouldn't be near a radio at that time :(

Was great when it started on a weekday as was usually WFH so could make sure I caught it.

Any guesses for first song this year??

yeah, midday on sunday. At one stage the countdown clock on the website had it set to start at 10am which was a little earlier than the last few years, but i noticed it had changed there a week or so ago. I already have the alarm set to have it on for 11.55 or so to make sure I hear the first song.

• Advertisement

Good idea re the alarm on the phone. If not near a radio can hopefully catch it on the app.

Shakin' Stevens was at the original launch of Christmas FM.............mind blown!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Fairly accurate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I work from work, so much prefer a weekend launch. 😁

• Advertisement

Midweek launches were generally coinciding with site visits for me funnily enough... usually timed for me being back in the car on the journey to or from site... handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Currently in test mode. Was a lovely surprise when I got into the freezing car to collect elf 2 from scouts 😁

Just realised the nextvtime I'm driving to work I'll have Christmas FM to keep me entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Andrew93

Test was live this morning listening to it on my way to work.

Definitely made me have that happy Friday feeling.

Caught a test broadcast myself... not ashamed to admit it gave me a little buzz 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I’ve been listening on the app in and off it’s great hearing the DJs, I can wait for the real thing now going to set my alarm for today

Launch day!!!

Note to self, must tune in my Bluetooth sound bar!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just over a hour to go. Excited!!

Tingles!!

Cant wait to see what first song is!

• Advertisement

Any guesses? Its beginning to look like Christmas is the traditional one, but they mixed it up last year so it's anyones guess really.

Suspect they'll go back to its beginning to look like Christmas though...

Eeeeeep. 😁

It's christmaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Oops... not up yet on channel 900 on VM digital radio yet? Dont see it in channels list. Might try a reboot.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Listening online here overlooking Dubai Marina and the new big wheel on Blue waters.

Ooooh nice. 😁

I rebooted my virgin media box and it's still not on channel 900 yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sadly I am working, first day of the week here.

• Advertisement

Had to turn off, stuff to be done, but will dip back in later and will have on in the car when we're driving to Dublin zoo for wild lights later this evening.

Advertisement