Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am pretty sure your opponents players / tactics impact your own team.

Like for example Kante, your players passing will be noticeably worse around Kante. It's not that he's just an amazing interceptor, the game also nerfs your player around him. Same with players not making certain runs. When defending against high cards like Messi etc you are more likely to just bounce the ball back to him cause that's how the game works.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

These moments are what we play the game for 😂. Honestly, i would take a 90th minute equaliser against a clown like that over a win anyday. I remember those kind of games far more than i do the easy wins. In champs last weekend, theisguy went 4-0 up after 30mins, paused it, sent me a message 'LOL JUST QUIT'. I didn't of course. He paused twice more for the full time without making subs. I got it back to 4-4 by the 70th min. he then gave away a penalty and tried to pause it straight away to quit. I missed the penalty and he quit anyway so it ended 4-4 but i enjoyed that draw far more than my 12 wins that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Maybe but i think we all know when we play a person better then us, similar to us or not better then us and when the tactics work to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Friendlies is skill-based matchmaking so you come up against players who are in the same division as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone got any thoughts on good investments during Black Friday?

IF's are so low but seems like there's way too much supply with lots of people getting the TOTW packs each Weekend League which were restricted to a relative handful of top players last year, as they are taking ages to rise.

I see 90 OVR Neuer, Kane and Ter Stegen are hovering around that 46k mark now and all 3 hit 53k over the last few days.

Have we already seen the Black Friday crash because if they drop even further towards that 40k mark over the weekend they'd be a no-brainer investment surely?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Another left mid for the silver player!! 🤬

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oooh, all my IF Chilwells starting to sell. Guessing the news he's possibly out for the season means hi IF is basically the best version of him thats going to be available.

That 84 Mings is going to be a nice investment this week :D

Anybody know how long it takes one to watch cards to upgrade, Malen is due an upgrade for 5 wins and i see Berghuis is in the TOTW, pretty sure that gets him an upgrade to

How much profit are you making on those man?

I know you are heavy into IF's 🙂

Ah, I had always assumed otherwise. You learn something knew every day so, cheers.

• Advertisement

The portugese objective players are great fun to use, might ditch the dutch lads and build a team with them, Rafa 95 pace, Uribe, Inacio, Soares all excellant cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Malen is up to 83 now. Altho in my squad he is still showing as 80 but when you press R3 on him it changes to 83.

Yeah i just seen that now, up to 83, still waiting on Berghuis, think he goes to 84

Is OTW locatelli due any upgrades?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

If Juve win one more match in the next three league encounters he goes to 86.

5k a card. Had ten, and six have sold tonight :)

pretty much going for 5k profit on every card I can. Have 90 IFs in my pile, all listed at 5k profit.

Do any of yous ever play friendlies against each other?

94 Messi and 91 Kante TOTWs.

I have untradeable OTW Malen and RTTK Gravenbach, who are getting bumped up to 83 and 86 respectively.

Only got two more wins needed to finish the Dutch league milestones too so very tempted to build a Dutch team for a laugh.

Flew through the friendly games for uribe, refreshing to see my players playing to the tactics, LM and RM free roaming inside to join the striker, full backs overlapping, goals everywhere, ah good while it lasted, back to rivals

• Advertisement

I ditched the dutch apart from Bergkamp, finding the portugese a lot of fun, i'll invest in them apart from Bruno and Ronaldo, not good enough to wear my liverpool kit 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Took me 22 games this weekend to get 6 wins…. Absolutely despise the new system now. I was coming up against god squad after god squad and my players could barely string two passes together. Lost count of how many times I’ve quit games/dropped a 2-0 lead. Lost my last 10 back to back trying to get the final win for 7 but I’ve just given up. No matter what I did, I wasn’t scoring and I was raging even more as the games went on. Easily the worst week I’ve had playing FIFA.

Trying to get tickets for Garth and about to open my 2 pack rival rewards, which of them will deliver the most disappointing outcome 😄

Edit: took option 2, TOTW Felipe 86ovr, Blanco 81ovr, TOTW Faivre 81ovr, all untradeable

Any thoughts on going all in on 83's and 84's at 1.5k and 3.3k respectively ahead of the Black Friday SBC's and that guaranteed TOTW pack which will have the "Best Of" players included?

With the upcoming Black Friday stuff, is it better to go for tradeable or untradeable rewards today?

Ended up going option 3.

Nothing of any value.

I always go option 3 - more packs the better. Untradeables will come in handy for sbc's anyway. I will wait to open the packs until 6pm tomorrow when the new promo starts, not that it will make much difference but hey.

Lads how many packs do ye get for rival rewards, i have only ever got 2 with x amount of coins

Yeah for me on option 3 its 1 Jumbo Rare players untradeable and 1 Rare players tradeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Took option 2 this time and got 27.5k coins, untradeable Suarez, Rodri, Gnabry and two discard IFs.

Pretty happy with it for a change, some great SBC fodder there. I see no point in going for tradeable rewards anymore with the market so low, everyone bar about 15-20 cards is at fodder value (relative to their rating when you go above 83s).

The bigger issue I have is my rotten luck with Icon and Hero SBCs. I have enough to do another Icon one now but I’m very hesitant after getting Trezeguet the first time, he literally isn’t even on my bench. It’s not like I’m expecting Pele or anything, but even someone like Van der Sar or Campbell would be really useful to me.

Advertisement