Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do you have a problem with various measures being used to try and control the virus and it's impact on the health services and the health of the nation?

Would you prefer that everything was just unlocked and covid let to run free through the population without any restrictions and just see what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You believe there's a conspiracy you can't explain to keep measures in place for reasons you can't explain.

Children can understand what's going on and why, but it's crystal clear from your repeated gibberish that you either can't understand the situation or, as I suspect, you don't want to. At any point feel free to use words to explain what your conspiracy actually is, even flat-earthers can manage that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No joke. My 3 and a half year old understands about the virus and restrictions. It’s absolutely mental that grown adults don’t.

These adults in here clearly don't want to understand. That would interfere too much in their comforting fantasy that all of this is part of a plan, even if it's malevolent. They can't comprehend that we are struggling to deal with a pandemic.

I said what I believe, i.e. the public/nphet/media won't accept covid cases and covid deaths. There will always be covid cases, so that's why I believe the measures will be permanent. But you seem to have some evidence somewhere from the past year and a half that suggests otherwise.

I said that I am sympathetic to brianhere's argument.

• Advertisement

You're changing your spiel all the time. You went through a period of claiming we'd all have to wear masks forever because they were "popular", which was drivel. After that you have come up with more conspiracy waffle, the latest being that a bunch of people on social media who believe nanobots are trying to steal their spirit know what the real conspiracy is, but you can't explain it.

Why can't you just stick to one conspiracy and explain what it is?

I said I didn't think the vast majority would have a problem with permanent masks because they are popular. Or even well-tolerated. What evidence is there that they aren't?

What evidence is there that the measures will be lifted? When has it ever been said that life will go back to normal?

I suggested people check out those people. They have an interesting/alternative perspective on things.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Masks are not popular. They are merely accepted as a very simple means to enable us to get on with our lives with very small temporary modifications.

Plenty of evidence that restrictions will be lifted. Pick any country and they have gone through varying levels of restrictions, they are then lifted as things improve, then reimposed when things get bad, etc and repeat until society finds the level that they are happy with or the virus becomes a non issue.

Or you could look back through history at previous pandemics, epidemics and plagues where various restrictions were brought in to control things among the populations... and then they get lifted again when it's no longer an issue. You've been told this multiple times and it gets repeated again every few pages.

Now please explain why any country would want to impose unnecessary restrictions on their population?

When you walk down the street are a majority of people wearing masks? No. Are we all wearing them at home? No.

"What evidence is there that the measures will be lifted?" Because they've been lifted before. And not just in this pandemic.

So according to you there is no conspiracy going on, correct? Remember, don't commit to anything, a good BS artist tries to be vague on everything.

But they're not small, or very small for that matter, modifications. Certs required almost everywhere, masks required everywhere, endless tests for school children, which is a nightmare for parents, constant threats of restrictions.

Okay, I'll pick a few countries (you said any). Germany hasn't relaxed any restrictions. Mandatory vaccination is on the table there. Malta claimed to have reached herd immunity a few months ago and a person has to be vaccinated and to be able to show proof if stopped by the police to remove their mask outdoors. Just outdoors! Do masking rules apply to Prime Minister Robert Abela? (timesofmalta.com) "Outdoors, the only people who can go maskless are “a person or a group of up to two persons who are in possession of a vaccination certificate…”

So, like Ireland, Malta is a country with a very high vaccination rate, but where restrictions show no sign of going. In fact, it seems the more vaccinated a country is, the more restrictions there are in place.

Spain refuses to get rid of masks. Is the virus still an issue there, or is it that case numbers are the new metric? Portugal has brought them back. France the same. Italy. Restrictions everywhere in Southeast Asia. South America (Brazil is a bit different).

You could also look back through history at examples of temporary measures that were never lifted.

The difference really is that I think you could be right, but you, and others, think i's impossible for any of the measures to be permanent.

• Advertisement

Yes, a majority are. Some people wear them at home. And alone in their car. And it's not just because they're going to a few different places and that it's easier to leave it on.

Haven't been lifted before. Few crumbs is all.

I don't know whether there is or not. That's why I say I'm sympathetic to brianhere's argument without fully embracing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol you've flipped again.

Previously you were stating that Brianhere's post was entirely correct. And before that you were claiming that it was wrong and only masks will be permanent.

You keep changing your position.

Is it because you honestly are just that flaky and unable to keep your own beliefs straight? Or are you just that dishonest that you'll change your position on a whim.

I think it's a combination of both. You don't keep your beliefs and statements straight because you don't care about truth or reality. You only want to believe in a conspiracy and you'll do anything to keep pretending it's real.

Nearly at 300 pages and you still haven't explained your conspiracy theory. You seem to be claiming there isn't a conspiracy now.

Also, to remind you, you said a good dozen pages ago you would give an explanation for why masks are going to be permanent.

Still waiting for that even though you then later flatly refused to provide the explanation you promised in the midst of one of your hissy fits.

"Yes a majority are. Some people wear them at home" Just contradicted yourself there

"And alone in their car" Nope I don't see a majority of people wearing masks in car, I sometimes see people who have likely forgotten to take it off in car, like I do from time to time.

"Haven't been lifted" Bald-faced lie.

"I don't know whether there is or not" Exactly, you have no idea.

Also again, @Gortanna provides no source for this claim that a majority of people wear masks at home.

I think from now on any time he makes a claim of fact like this, it can be safely assumed to be a lie.

He's show he's completely dishonest and has been caught out in dozens of lies. And he's not going to back any of his claims up if they're challenged. He'll just ignore and pretend he wasn't asked.

He knows he's telling fibs. Everyone else does too.

I was answering both questions. A majority wear them on the street and some people wear them at home. Not a majority wear them on the street and a majority wear them at home.

They haven't. Loosened somewhat maybe, but not lifted. Are the restrictions reducing in number as more and more people get vaccinated, or are they increasing in number?

Yes, I admit that I'm not sure, but you're certain the measures will be lifted. That's the difference.

The latest is that a booster will be required for unrestricted travel in the EU. That fits well with the EU roadmap for a common vaccine passport: 2019-2022_roadmap_en.pdf (europa.eu)

And I was right about 24/7. Didn't take long for a few more posts, that will be ignored, to appear.

Lol. It's very cute that you have invented a nickname for me now.

Still not sure why you're pretending not to see my posts or why you refuse to actually say my username.

Very bizarre.

And yes man, I know you'll ignore my posts. You ignore all points put to you that upset you and you can't address.

However as has been explained to you many times, other people see them. They see that you ignore them and that you're not able to address them. This shows them that you're not to be taken very seriously.

A majority don't wear them on the street. You're wrong on that one.

Can you move 2km past your home? How about 5km? Are the pubs back open? and Restaurants? Hairdressers? Gyms? Nightclubs? this time last year they weren't allowed.....now they are.....because those restrictions were lifted. So wrong again.

What exactly do you mean by "24/7"? Would you like to elaborate a bit more instead of this vague, wishy-washy bollocks that you can later weasel out of? Be a man, FFS, and tell us what you really believe.

"A majority wear them on the street" This is a lie, a majority of people do not wear them on the street.

"They haven't. Loosened somewhat maybe, but not lifted." Another lie.

"Yes, I admit that I'm not sure, but you're certain the measures will be lifted. That's the difference." No I'm not. The measures depend on the virus. If Covid keeps mutating or there are more virulent variants then countries will keep taking measures against it.

Bizarre views and systematic lies.

By 24/7, he's refering to me. He won't refer to me by name for some reason.

• Advertisement

I would say loosened somewhat as opposed to lifted. But semantics, I guess.

Open, but operating under restrictions.

I believe that the measures will be permanent. brianhere believes all of them, I believe most of them. Simple as that.

But what I hope is that there will be countries where life goes back to normal, so that people will be able to emigrate to them. People say England is back to normal, which it is more or less, but there's still the problem of the media there pushing for lockdowns and/or masks, vaccine passports. I have long believed that red states in the US will be the best option for people.

You really drive them (more) insane. Expect a christmas bonus as well for the long hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Who is 24/7? Is this some sort of childish nickname you have bestowed upon a poster?

Will you now answer the question you promised to answer a few weeks ago?

Why would masks be permanent? You said you had new information and would get back to me when you had read it, surely something as important as this hasn't been put on the back burner for two weeks by yourself?

Well, most people I see out on the street do.

So you'd say Ireland's lifting of restrictions is the same as England's lifting of restrictions? In Ireland businesses are unable to operate free of restrictions, in England they are. That's why I distinguish between loosening of restrictions somewhat and relaxation of restrictions.

But you're a liar who's been caught out in dozens of lies repeatedly.

When you claim you see "most people", there's zero reason for anyone to take that in anyway seriously. You have no credibility.

People would have to be stupid to accept your word on something like that.

Amazing how someone can have a belief so strong that it can literally warp what that person sees or cause them to knowingly lie. We had a conspiracy theorist in here before "seeing" something in a photograph that wasn't there, despite all other posters pointing that fact out.

Specifically it was a giant pool of flowing molten metal with a giant mirror or reflective surface sticking out of it.

But most conspiracy theorists aren't that delusional. Most are just lying cause they can't defend their beliefs any other way.

Now you're doubling down on the lie. You make up some nonsensical notion (masks are "popular"), back yourself into a corner with it, then proceed to lie to protect a view which had no basis in the first place.

Welp, you did it guys.

300 pages and nearly 9000 posts on a thread about the conspiracies behind covid-19 measures.

Not one theorist has discussed any conspiracy theory.

Just a lot of dodging and whinging and lying.

Can't think of a better thread to illustrate the essential dishonesty and ignorance behind conspiracy theory thinking.

Good job lads. You've done Alex Jones proud.

• Advertisement

It's called a difference of opinion. I believe they're popular, or well tolerated, if you prefer. You don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement