Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Ended up making about 750k over the past few days by silver flipping, e.g. buying silver commons on bids for 150/200 and selling BIN for 400/450.

It's heavy, heavy going and extremely time-consuming so not something I think I'd be doing again in a hurry.

To be honest, I can see myself heading close to the way I was with the game last year - constantly on the phone app if I'm not on the console, and the game just consumes you by making you think that if you're not doing something every second of the day that you're going to be left behind.

Herself got on to me yesterday because for the last few days I've been like a zombie, constantly on the phone app and even watching TV I'll still have my phone in my hand.

At this point with even meta golds so cheap the only thing that is going to really improve me is a top tier icon in that 1.5m-2m plus range and I've packed literally nothing of note all year. Being honest, I'm getting a bit sick of how unrewarding the game is for the amount of time you have to put into it. I've qualified for WL and hit rank 3 every week, as well as 7 Rivals wins for 2 x rare players packs and literally never had anything close to a usable red pick or anything other than discards in the TOTW packs.

So I've invested everything I have (over a million) into fodder for Black Friday in the hope that I can hit that sort of coin balance to get a Maradona type top tier icon.

I've invested in:

83's from good leagues and/or nations such as Matip, Jesus, Asenjo, Lemar at an average of 1.5k per card.

84's from good leagues and nations such as Grealish, Luis Alberto, Barella, Fernando at an average of 3.3k per card.

Some 86's from good leagues and nations such as Bernardo Silva, Alba, Chellini at an average of 14.5k per card.

My thoughts on the 83's is that people will continue to spin the wheel for the TOTW upgrade in the hope of pulling one of the Best Of TOTW cards, so regardless of a lot of supply the 83's so keep seeing demand because of it as people will do it over and over again, but I may well have already missed the boat.

We'll see how it goes 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Sold all my IF Dzekos that I had been holding since week 1 for a 5k profit each. Up to 430k now, was going to sell my otw Malen and Sabitzer but they dropped so I'll hold onto them.

Haven't had the time for WL since season 2 started so just been chipping away at rivals and the foundations players.

Hoping Icon Swaps comes soon as I don't want to invest in my team before that happens.

I decided to hold all my good packs since there's no promo. I got a duplicate rare gold from an objective so did one 81+ 2 player pack and got Salah 😁 He's fodder since i have the POTM but still good to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Handy tip for anyone with bronze rares in your club that you're not using. All the icon sbc's give you a tradeable 2 rare gold pack for 11 rare bronzes (50 chem). Usually you have to submit 11 common golds to get that same pack (untradeable) through the gold upgrade. A few extra packs for the promo tomorrow can't hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Who is the most expensive silver in the game? I remember back in 12 or 13 there was a Brazilian - Maikon Leite who went for over 1 million coins!

Is there anyone like that these days?

• Advertisement

I'm not usually one for giving out about the gameplay on here, but bloody hell, they've absolutely destroyed what was a really, really good game lately.

So many goals I concede now are from ridiculous deflections after timing my tackles perfectly or positioning my defender perfectly to intercept.

All they had to do from day one was fix the effectiveness of finesse shots, reduce how OP the keepers were, tweak the driven passes and sort out the player switching. That was literally it.

What a mess, but I shouldn't be surprised. It happens every year. The game plays really well until patch one or two and then becomes unrecognizable come November.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Scraped over the line 5-3 in qualifiers. Gameplay is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Had two friendlies there and they turned out worse than rivals games. Celebrating like mad and passing around the back for the last 20 minutes when he was winning 3-2. Why would you bother.

Just got TOTW Suarez in the No Rules SBC pack. Is that best of team of the week? Didn’t know that was out yet!

Was trying to buy some players before 6.

I had 79 cards listed..every single one sold. I probably lost out on a lot there considering not a single card was left.

Just on the game.

When they cant even do something as simple as change the pause pending box, you know they don't really care about improving the gameplay.

How we are here, years later with that needless box that blocks the pitch and not a hope they'll remove it(on CoOp it can block a good portion of the match).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Il cover the full sweep and say that drafts seems to attract every kind of sad individual imaginable. Celebrations last much longer so priicks play the full animation to try and induce rage quits. Every player generally has very pacy top forwards so play on 0 depth and spam through balls. Generally the connection seems even slower than normal is another off putter, on my part anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looking at what other cards are due upgrades, just noticed Bernardo Silva is getting a +2 bump. Easily been my favourite card this year, so absolutely thrilled with that.

Fred getting a +1, and would get another +1 if we beat Young Boys at Old Trafford.

Selling up a load of cards in my club at the moment. Silvers from top leagues and the Copa cards. Have 230k in the bank. Might sell off a chunk of my IFs and grab Ronaldo for a nice chunky upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Team rejig time

A)

Or B)

Question is mbappe better than Neymar messi and sif vini combined

Post edited by Cyrus on

To add playing 4321

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Played 1 game last night, it was like there was 20 barry allens on the pitch, i left at HT, getting more and more less interested every day, i like the squad building part of it, just a shame i need to play the matches

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is it 4pm today when all the Black Friday content drops?

Anyone grinding the League SBC'S this year?

The PL and Bundesliga ones especially look pretty easy/straightforward and give Rare Players Packs.

I also have about 300 EFL Championship players so debating whether to sell them or throw them into their League SBC.

I'd probably get a shed load of packs with that amount of players, although I know they'd be untradeable.

I played 3 rivals games after qualifying last night and won all 3, 2 were rage quits!! Why is there such a difference in gameplay between the different modes. I've seen a lot of you complaining about tactics not doing what you ask in one mode and working perfect in another.

Anyhoo, looks like I've over 30 packs collected since last week, I'll do MMs to add a few tradeable ones to the pot for later.

How do you find Verratti? I've had him a while and there's something I can't put my finger on that I just want to replace him all the time. Maybe it's his pace.

I really want that BTOTW Hernandez.

• Advertisement

I suppose I persist with him because I did the sbc and the links and I loved his 98 card in 21. Pace is a bit of an issue but he is generally all action for me.

I wouldnt say he is amazing but probably still worth his spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I hope not. I just opened all my packs thinking it had dropped already :(

I think the BTOTW players are already in packs as I can see the 86 Hernandez on the market etc, but I am pretty sure the official Black Friday promo doesn't start until later today.

Ouch. Hope you got something worthwhile anyway.

I am sure the fodder will be useful.

I’ve just been selling everything, but I’m also on a personal “save up to afford Ronaldo and Mbappe” kick currently.

I actually reckon if I sold up every IF I had, I could afford both now. Which is a little tempting, cause I reckon they’re the best I can get until TOTS. Do I need another 1m long term?

Made it back to elite in rivals last night which will be nice for the extra player pick each Thursday. Last year i didn't get higher than Division 3 all year, i suppose that's the benefit of no relegations - you only need a few wins in a row to rank up.

Saying that, i'll be back on here next Wednesday raging cos i can't get my 7th win 😂 But for now i'm liking no relegations.

• Advertisement

Advertisement