Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Ordered a new passport (renewal) on Friday and it was dispatched today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 randomstranger123

Turns out the new status means nothing. Still awaiting to be assigned a checker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

We got my passport back the same day they emailed me asking for more documentation. This was 4 months after applying and nearly 3 months past the estimated date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Simple online renewal, applied on Friday delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crookshank jr

Anyone know if you would get a passport card within a week if you have a valid paper passport? Online application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 tresb26

First time applications are a complete and utter farce. 60 working days and counting…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Unlikely, they take longer to come than paper passports and there have been delays almost all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Adult? Child? Irish born? Naturalised? First time passports always take the longest due to additional checks (which keep our passports among the most secure in the world) so they're going to be most seriously affected by the backlog.

What kind of extra checks are done if a child's first passport is based on having an Irish parent?

I hope the advice to work from home starting Friday doesn't affect the passport office.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

If your only applying for a card and not a passport, I’d say you’d get it in a few days, but if applying for the 2 together, hard to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 tresb26

Child, born in Ireland, born to Irish parents, whose parents were also Irish. Applied on August 2021, when the timeframe is to be 40 working days. I appreciate they will take the longest but this is too long…

• Registered Users Posts: 6 yerca22

Same situation here. Don't know why they bother on having a website with "current turnaround times" if it's a completely lie. It's just frustrating for everyone counting on that.

It would also be more transparent to say in the status that the application is in the queue. The only processing that seems to happen before a checker is assigned is document scanning. Having a status of application processing is just misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Exact same situation with my child's first passport. Was estimated 4th November

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ca_va

I have a simple renewal application still down as processing since 8 November. I wonder why some seem to issue automatically and others get delayed?

It's been 4 months since I applied for first time child passport. Estimated issue date was September 29th. I have a flight on Wednesday which was already rescheduled and it seems I won't be able to travel again and I have another flight to spend Christmas with family in 3 weeks. Contacting customer service is useless since they just tell me the same I see on the tracker and that I might or I might not have the passport on time for my holidays. 2 weeks ago I contacted some TDs and submitted an urgent passport application but also didn't seem to work.

Nobody has contacted me regarding the application, so either they haven't started to check or they're just taking ages.

It's just so frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭glut22

Update:just received an email to say my child's photo isn't acceptable and need to retake. Was due to be issued 4th Nov. Does that mean back to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

Any updates? Have you now received the passport?

Yes but only because we ended up going the emergency travel route due to work circumstances. Otherwise the application was not moving. I found with TDs you have to ask them to call weekly but the first few calls didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paddypie

I have a good news story for anyone waiting on a first time passport.

The passport office received our online application on 05/10/21 for baby.

Estimated Delivery date was 15/12.

We are due to fly out on 10/12 so I was stressing big time, even more so after reading this thread.

Nothing was happening. I had contacted the Webchat a few times to inform them of our dates.

Still wasn't getting anywhere, then on Wednesday, I contacted a few TDs. High profile ones never got back to me at all but two lesser known TDs got back to me and said they would help. One rang me back 10 minutes after I sent him an email. Very impressed with him.

I contacted the Webchat again on Friday (yesterday). Requested my own passport back if they had finished with it and reminded them of my dates. That afternoon, I received an email from them looking for baby's PPS, I immediately responded with PPS. At the same time, the witness was contacted to verify signatures.

Now I see on the tracker the passport is printed and posted!

So we should received the passport 29th or 30th Nov. That's a good 15 days quicker than the tracker for a first time passport!

Not sure which TD helped, probably both. I'll sing their praises for ever more.

• Advertisement

Many thanks for this, my passport tracker changed yesterday, after a monrh plus on verifying documents. So, hoping they are actually processing it. Travel is in less than 3 weeks.

Absolutely happy to hear this, hoping I will have some good news soon as well. Passport due on 20/12, travel due a few days before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

On the afternoon of Saturday 27th November I applied online to renew a passport that expired a few months ago, and also for a passport card for another person whose passport book is still valid.

The book for the expired passport arrived by post on Tuesday 30th November and the matching passport card the following day. Very impressive!

Weirdly the other application for just a passport card has not progressed beyond "application received" and it has an estimated date of 10th December.

Quick update:

4 months and 1 week later I got my child's passport! Just 2 weeks before my flight. I called in Monday to customer service to ask if it was assigned to a checker or not ( the same I had been doing for the last 2 months) and the guy told me they were going to expedite the application. 2 days later, the passport arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 larrymc123

Did you get your passports last week?

You seem to be one of the very lucky few. Mine is a very similar story to yours (first baby application), except my application was maybe 1-2 weeks ahead of yours and I don't have any positive news to report (yet).

Estimated Passport Delivery Date: 10/12

Due to fly out: 10/12 (This coming Friday early morning)

Both are on the same day so I knew I always needed a bit of a miracle. I'm not holding out much hope at this stage. Up until last week my documents hadn't even been scanned (only received this information when I requested my original passports be returned, response was: "have not been scanned so this request will cancel your application, do you want to proceed...").

I have had a TD on the case for the last couple of weeks. They did advise me from the off that they have had little/no joy with expediting first time applications. It is only when it goes past its estimated due date that their calls seem to have any impact.

I have been on webchat myself multiple times requesting: updates, my original passports back and reminding them of my travel dates.

The generic responses received have been: "Application progressing as normal", no problem, can return original copies if you want to cancel your application" and "we cant do anything with this application until the estimated issue date has passed".

Unfortunately, I also don't have any positive news. I have gotten in touch with 5 TD's and 2 clearly mentioned that they unfortunately can't speed up first child's passport.

The other 3 cautiously mentioned that they haven't had successes, but they would try their best.

I recalled my passport on Monday, the lady I was chatting with said it was scanned already... Still awaiting it.

As for the tracking, nothing has changed still, due to travel on the 14th and estimate date is the 20th.

I have mentally started to prepare myself for the worse. It saddens my heart though, I have to cancel hotels and soo much more, and talk of my other kids, they would be heartbroken about the trip not going ahead.

Oh well, I tried my best.

I hope something comes through for you on the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

My passport card arrived today. So in summary:

Saturday 27/11 application for passport book+card for a recently expired passport - arrived Tue 30/11 and Wed 1/12.

Saturday 27/11 application for passport card for still valid passport book - arrived Wed 8/12.

Both applications had estimated dates of 10/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bvar

I completed a Simple Renewal application on 01/12/2021 and got the passport today, exactly 8 days later.

Thanks for the earlier comments on this thread, which saved me forking out EUR 75-150 for the urgent appointment options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

my wife and i live in Belfast with our 5 month old baby girl, i'm irish born and my wife is non eu with uk pre-settled status,

i am applying for my child's passport, i know i need to send a copy of my passport as child was born on the island of ireland, do i need to send a copy of my wife's non eu passport or will my copy be enough?

just want all document's sent right incase of delay's

Cheers guys

Advertisement