Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa-e

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I don't have the Corsa but the Peugeot e208 which is essentially the same car underneath

It is a fantastic little car, range is decent and it charges fast, in fact there is a firmware update available which improves the charging times substantially which I assume will make its way to the Corsa

I have no complaints about the car, have had it since January and it is a hoot to drive

If this is your first ev then download the A Better Route planner app as it is great for telling you where you will need to charge on longer journeys and you can use it as your navigation through android auto or apple carplay

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭sekond

I've had mine over a year now, and still love it.

As I think I said before, the only issues I have with it really are that the app is rubbish (but I don't use it much), and there is no seatbelt adjuster (possibly only a major issue for short curvy people). It is a small car though - when my husband is driving it, there are complaints from the backseat passengers about foot room - but to be honest, it's my car, I drive it mostly, and there's plenty of space then - just be aware if you are tall that the seat position might lead to cramped foot space. That said, we've fit 4 adults and 1 child in a booster in the car for short trips and it was fine. The boot isn't huge - but plenty big enough for a weekly shop (but we'd take the big 7 seater beast my husband drives for trips that need luggage).

The range is plenty for my type of driving which is fairly local these days - but lots of short trips. On an average week I only need to charge once. But I also drove the entire length of the M50 twice yesterday, plus some additional local driving, and still had about half the battery left, so other than trips down the country, I can't see range ever being an issue for me.

If I was buying again this year, it would be my starting point to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thanks Sekond and nyOmnishambles for the replies.

It seems to tick a lot of boxes for a small runaround. I will still have a diesel if I feel that a trip would be outside the range..

Waiting on figures to see whether it is a runner. The E Mokka is also entering the picture. Just to confuse me even more

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Both are good options - have my Corsa-E for a year now. Just waiting on an ECU update to speed up my charging speed, app was crippled recently but otherwise works great. Have done multiple Belfast trips and one Dublin -> Limerick -> Atlantic way -> back via M6 to Dublin - around 500km and two hours of charging but all went fine. Recent Belfast trip was a disaster due to public charging up there but not the fault of the car. Am heading to Tralle and back in a day next month!

Local Trips are great, love driving an automatic, makes dealing with heavy traffic more relaxing than wearing out a clutch! Heat pump and LED Matrix headlights in this price range of car really deliver value. Test drive both with a dealer is you get a chance?

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Well, Sekond, nyOmnishambles and mike_2009. We seem to be part of a small group!

Thanks for the input.

I purchased a Corsa E from Windsor Liffey Valley who I found very helpful.

Not having driven an electric or automatic before, it was quite an interesting first experience getting from Liffey Valley to M50 South. The left side of my body wanted to clutch and change gear regularly.

My first impressions are that it is a really nice drive and nicely specced for the entry level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Looking at making the switch to this in Jan. Love to hear some more feedback from owners. Thanks

Get new stock with the new hardware components, not old stock. Range especially in Winter should be better.

see https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118148910/#Comment_118148910

don't buy without checking out a Citroen e-C4 and you might be better off waiting for a 40kWh Megane e-Tech which comes a few months later which should be better than all of these PSA/Stellantis products.

a 45kWh id.3 would be a more versatile car too when it is available to order again but there is no timeframe on that.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Just on the Megane - its possible Renault in their wisdom may either make CCS charging optional or not offer it at all on the 40 kwh.

If Renault do make CCS charging standard then it should be a really nice car

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭human 19

I was thinking about the possibility of upgrading my 24kw Leaf to the 62kwh version in order to get from Longford to Dublin & back without charging, when I saw some prices for this model with a 50kwh battery.

They seem to be selling for around the same price as the Leaf, so I was wondering what are people's experiences of this model. I see 336km range advertised which I obviously take with a pinch of salt.

Any thought on this model in the 3 years since the last post? Any indications of motorway range ?

Advertisement