Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Some court cases during the week regarding the swine flu, big compo paid out, will be interesting to see what happens down the line with regards to this one for kids who don't even need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

I remember being forced to take that as a child as well. It started young.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Thanks for that, I'm on Vit D from the docs. It was low before the vaccine and I take it twice a month on prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Anyone having issues with extreme itchiness on their head?

It's just one patch but its so irritating and the hair is starting to thin in that area (not good for a female :( )

It may just be coincidence, i don't know, there's no redness or marks on my head which is surprising.

If not, has anyone any suggestions on what to use as it's driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

I'd see a doc for a diagnosis. Some of the things it could be require prescription treatments or further investigation, and if it's not those things then your doc can probably recommend a medicated shampoo or other treatment to you.

Definitely get an itchy spot on your scalp checked, though.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

Male, 37, No Previous Conditions. Pro Vax before now.

Had both doses 3 weeks apart in July, no immediate side effects.

Within a week of second dose, pain, tingling and numbness in left arm, numbness in left foot.

This came and went throughout August but since early September it has been a daily symptom, accompanied with pins & needles, and sudden sharp pin prick pains all over the body. Its medical term is peripheral neuropathy.

Blood results all fine including good levels of B12. Have asked to see a neurologist.

Have been researching a bit myself and found that medical journals are already publishing studies on peripheral neuropathy caused by inflammation of the central nervous system

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34480607/

Irish examiner also reported on side effects a few weeks ago.

Will be avoiding any booster shots like the plague and my children won't be going near it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Is their a figure how many have died because of Vaccine or linked to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭fits

That paper is about people with MS. Do you have MS?

lots of conditions are linked with peripheral neuropathy eg diabetes and it can emerge around your age. It may be nothing to do with vaccine it all. Or it may. But I wouldn’t automatically assume either way.

Post edited by fits on

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I had Pfizer and no side effect at all on either dose. I didn't even notice a sore arm unless I actually touched the specific part of my arm that was injected. Same for my parents, all Pfizer.

Had my first ever Flu jab this week and again, no side effects. I decided to get it as I keep hearing Flu will hit harder this year and also so I don't get symptoms and have to isolate/test in case it's Covid.

My advice would be to not do your own research online. I went down that rabbit hole a few years ago and it was ruining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I had covid 7 weeks ago, and I have fully recovered, well, except I haven't regained my sense of smell back and most times, my brain is foggy.

I now want to get the vaccine, as I need it for entry into a country I am visiting next month.

Which vaccine would you advise I take? (do I have a choice?)

Female/36/asthmatic/new mum to an 8 week old.

Post edited by irishfemme on

I don’t think you will have a choice. It’s all Pfizer here these days. But it’s excellent. I’m not sure about timing after covid. They will talk to you about that at vaccination centre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I could well be wrong here, but as I understand it; if you've had and recovered from covid recently and have a doctor's cert to show that you're effectively "vaccinated" against it because of natural immunity. Though I suppose that would depend on the country's regulations involved. I'd look into that. Plus, and again as far as I understand it, you can't get a vaccine if you've been that recently infected and recovered from the virus?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I believe you can still be eligible for the vaccine after 1 month of testing positive.

You can get a cert if you test positive too. Not sure if a GP cert will suffice.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ah right C. Gotcha.

Though it seems a tad daft to me to insist on or push for vaccination a month after recovering from the actual virus when numerous studies show immunity in the recovered stays in place up to eight months after recovery. Example from non loony source. Another non loony source. Here's another non loony source that reckons up to eleven months.

Can someone explain this to me, because I'm not seeing it? I mean if you caught and recovered from the measles I can't see anyone suggesting you be asked to vaccinate against it. Now obviously it seems resistance tapers off with this covid pox, but not within a few months. Hell, it seems vaccines taper off in efficacy in a shorter period than naturally acquired immunity. Even here they're mostly looking at antibody levels. There's other stuff in play with our immune systems.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Got the vaccine in the summer - had the usual (very) mild symptoms afterwards, and 2 days of visual/aural hallucinations! Great fun, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You're right, it does not make sense because natural immunity lasts longer than the vaccine immunity.

I would expect that someone that tests positive should not need to get a booster for at least 6-9 months.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

auspicious threadbanned for repeatedly posting anti-vax nonsense

I feel like there’d be a good lolcat for this moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Booster was different to the other two, all Pfizer. 1st dose - slight temp, tired. 2nd dose - severe headache 3 days, slight temp, light aversion, back ache, slightly sore arm, dizziness/disorientation. I put down how bad it was to the doses being so close together, just over 2 weeks but of course that probably didn't matter. Booster was 9 months later so outside of the recommended range but I got a very sore arm that couldn't be moved or do anything with the next day and 2 days later a very sore stiff neck but it all went away by day 3 and no headache was bliss really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I absolutely agree, I am actually dreading the vaccine, as I had every symptom in the book when I had covid.. Although I believe it was magnified because I had just had a baby when I got infected.

My arms are sore from feeding my baby already, I believe the vaccine wpuld make it worse, but I need it for my December getaway.

Is any pharmacy in Dublin still giving out the J & J vaccine? I did prefer the 1dose, as I have only recovered.

Getting the two will just be an overdose on my system I guess.. Or may I will just abandon the Holiday for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭notAMember

Oh jeepers, this post hurts my brain. :(

You can't overdose on a vaccine.

Immunity from infection is highly variable depending on your exposure and your own body. It also depletes.

Stop the guessing, no one expects you to be an expert, that's why we have experts who us citizens pay (through tax), to give us information. Message boards and anecdotes are not your friend here. Rely on the official information and professionals. Your GP and your pharmacist.

You took a HUGE risk as a high risk person (asthmatic, pregnant) not getting vaccinated in the first place, so it's not surprising you had every symptom in the book. You're lucky you probably got a low exposure and didn't end up on a ventilator with those underlying conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Hi,

A family member is only starting the vaccination process.

They registered online and recieved a text with a date and vaccination center to attend for their first vaccination.

Today they went online to give their concent and answer the questions.

They answered yes to one of the anaphylactic questions.

They then received a message on the portal saying their appointment is cancelled and they will be in touch.

Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone know what will happen next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Has anybody here developed hearing loss or ringing in the ears since being full vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Yes, I had very mild tinnitus which has become severe since the vaccine (Moderna)

That's interesting. I was reading British media reports this week about people who had received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine developing these aural problems having never experienced them previously and that only in a handful of cases had the patients reported their condition had improved or cleared up completely. I received the Moderna vaccine as well but have not experienced any such symptoms.

I developed tinnitus and hearing loss after being vaccinated with moderna. Ear drops and syringing resolved it, because even though it happened after the vaccine it wasn’t the vaccine. Happened people before vaccines, after vaccines and will continue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭blackcard

Has anyone had no side effects from the first 2 shots but a reaction to the booster/3rd shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

That’s nice for you. It’s possible, I was simply answering the question.

• Advertisement

It's unlikely you were experiencing Tinnitus because that condition is permanent and not treatable. People suffering with it just need to cope with it as best they can and their capacity to hear is not impacted. They just have this constant ringing noise in their heads. Temporary hearing loss, on the other hand, can occur for many different reasons. Did you ever suffer from hearing problems before being vaccinated? If not, it sounds like an adverse reaction to the dose.

Advertisement