Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking - NO CHAT 24h ban

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Liffey Valley. Plonked in the disabled parking bay, on the marking between spaces because that makes it okay apparently. No badge visible. Loads of empty spaces equally as near to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭zg3409

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Tesco, Mitchelstown. Hopped out, not bother to him. No sign of a wheelchair pass. And obviously plenty of spaces behind him. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Newly renovated footpath in Ballinteer, so the locals are doing their best to crack it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I have to be honest and admit i called someone out where i live for doing this exact thing. Took a pic, and he asked why, told him that he had no badge and looked in fine health and he flipped, gave me a bunch of abuse and walked into the cinema.. came out 2 mins later gave me look and moved the car and came over again " I have a badge at home rar rar rar" i replied " not much use at home now is it"! he took a phot of my car and left... muppet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Parked in a bus lane? Check

Block a cycle path? Check

Block a footpath? Check

In front of the Gardai? Check

Gardai turn a blind eye? Check

Out beside the National Show Centre in Swords today. All in to get their COVID booster jabs, but decided to dump their cars anywhere rather than wait. Between them and queue jumpers there was plenty of chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Room to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭passatman86

Was harder to park that way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Kildare village about 10:00

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

This isn’t really typical bad parking, but I spotted this Vitara parked yesterday with one wheel hanging onto the kerb by the edge of the tyre, and the rear wheel hanging in the air. Later on it was gone, but when I passed again today it was back in the exact same spot, balancing on the kerb in the exact same way. Not obvious from the pic angle, but the rear wheel isn’t touching the ground. To do that separately on two consecutive days in the same place takes some special skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mightn’t look the worst here, but it’s pretty bad. Cars in Clarecastle unfortunately often use the cycle lane for parking or else half-arse it with half/footpath half/road

I think the below is really poor though and dangerous. Walked past it and it’s still there two hours later. Visibility there is pretty poor and you can see cars driving past it really having to go into the other lane - Lot of buses in the village too so it’s poor I think.

*apologies for the formatting. Boards automatically uploading at a 90 degree angle from phone

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

A reminder that this is a No Chat thread - no commenting on other people's pics (no matter how tempting it is!). I'd ask you all to re-familiarise yourself with the points in the OP which I have linked to above. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Terrible parking ..... but i suppose at least he left the footpath clear .... :)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Mods can we sneak a comment or two on this one as im undecided if its bad parking or not, the gards went in and got their coffees then came back out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Seriously lazy parking. Not only are they taking two spaces, they also left the nose jutting out by close to a meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

School collection and this lads decided to half block the path and half block someone's driveway. Lad on a bikes come up the little pathway a minute and nearly turned into the back of him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ah shure there's two spaces, I will throw it in the general direction of both. Busy car park and shure tis near Christmas 🙄...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Was no way of me getting out if anyone parked beside me. Seen him drive it into the car park like it was stolen, absolute dickhead.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Merry Christmas to all. Except for the drivers of these vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,452 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Plenty bad parking around today. This was one of the milder ones.

• Advertisement

I guess it must have been hard to see the plant on the double yellow line

Supervalu Ballinteer. It's not like parking places are at a premium today, or anything.

Merry Christmas to all except the selfish git at Supervalu Ballinteer who decided that they're more important than people on foot because they have a car. Car park wasn't even full yet.

Petrol pumps on the right. Just rolled through and dumped it there, so you need to drive around them to get to the parking or to get out. Loads of free parking all around. Disappeared for 10 mins into the shop to boot. Very busy with people returning home as well.

Just ignorant and all to save them walking 20m extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Think the owner here needed a few more N plates!

Bray seafront today with spaces at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,452 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

its a designated piece of tarmac that clearly designed for 2 cars. This knobend decides to take both.

This legend

Donabate beach at 10.30 this morning. The white and silver cars are all parked on the main entrance/exit lane. They are parked on the matting that prevents the place tuning to muck (may be hard to see the matting). The black pick up won't be winning any awards for parking soon either.

Loads and loads of free parking spots 30m away, but that's too far, which is ironic seeing as they are going there for a walk. So now everyone has to enter/exit in the space between them and the red car. Which leads to queue's getting in and out when there should be none.

No mats there where the cars now drive out, so it just gets churned up. This happens every.fcuking.day. that I go there. Zero policing, zero enforcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭kirving

Double yellows ✔️

Blocking emergency vehicles ✔️

Parked on top of a cone specifically designed so you don't block the road. ✔️

Should be a steel post rather than plastic, I've seen in the past too.

Advertisement