Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It’s why I never list for open bid… always the risk of it going for a bargain! Opened about 20 packs tonight, mostly ones I had saved from rewards (50k packs, 100k packs). Nothing of note. 87 Dias from marquee matchups, everything else was full of low rated dupes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Another pack, another Simon Kjaer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m resisting buying packs and haven’t done so for over 2 months. Apart from one or two cards most promotions are worth nothing plus with gameplay as it is it’s not one bit enjoyable.

fired up Fifa21 last night for my icon squad which had the likes of Gullit, Cruyff, Puskas, Ronaldinho etc.

I remember feeling they were so clunky compared to the later cards in the game.

but now they feel butter smooth.

Which tells me that fifa22 is just a clunky piece of **** game. But it’s fixing my Fifa 22 addiction by turning me off it completely :)

ive 9 matches to play for WL with another 1954 queued and a honestly can’t be arsed.

also both draft modes are incomplete.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Opened most my packs last night, I did pack promo card Kramaric and only other thing of note was a dupe Courtois which I used to get Chong.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My only card of note so far is the promo Witsel, who is no use to me. And untradeabe. So will probably fire him back into a decent SBC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cancelo, Veratti, Dybala and De Jong all packed yesterday. Putting them towards Neres, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,838 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Small gripe but pretty annoying that POTM Salah still doesn't have a dynamic picture after over 2 weeks

He’s required in FB Benzema if that helps. I did him last night, quality card and bangs them in even when I’m playing shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I saved around 35 packs for yesterday’s promo and managed to pack tradeable SS Sanches and SS Jimenez from my Prime Gaming pack.

I was planning on buying Sanches for my team so that saved me a nice chunk of coins.

What happened in the Arsenal game that all ten of my IF Ramsdale sold in one cycle 😂

this promo has been an utter godsend. 100 cards in the trade pile, ten in the transfer target pile and have about ninety percent of the coins needed for CR7. It’s like the candle is lit at both ends of the wick. IF trading is paying out big time, AND prices are dropping with how many packs are available.

• Advertisement

League upgrades are out. BRB, going to rinse my entire club through the Ligue 1 ones 😂

Played 1 game there and throwing the towel in for the night, 13 shots 10 on target before he had his 1st shot and of course he scored, ended up losing 2-1, 22 shots 17 on target, to 5 and 3, his keeper, Areola

The difference in our skill level was huge, so noticible my opponent messaged with an apology, i swear when this game decides you're losing, you are losing

Gelson Martins SBC, another player who perfectly fits the meta and in no way fits EA's own definition of a Signature Signing

He can barely even manage 20 games a season

82, 83, and 85 squad for 85 Gelson Martins

They just released an 85 Rafa in objectives the other day for free, who is probably the same and maybe even better.

Is it just based on his french league chem

Also they've just released a relatively cheap AND repeatable Hero Upgrade SBC. They're really trying to tank their value as much as possible before the pre-order bonuses are given out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Liking the content of Black Friday but not too interested in the players so decided to keep all my good packs for whatever comes next.

I got 86 Kramaric yesterday so will probably do the Flashback Benzema with him.

I opened some random two rare gold player pack I got from objectives and who pops out ? Signature Signing Renato Sanches 😁

He's the most expensive card I've packed this year by 400k. He's untradeable but I don't mind since he's an upgrade on my tradable vidal.

Just have the portugese foundations left and will then probably open bronze packs and rinse the players through the upgrade sbcs and eventually into the 81+ sbcs and keep the packs for toty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Had been saving up for Ginola, literally just got above the money I needed today. Did a Hero pack.... out comes Ginola. 😱

Did a Hero pack, got a dupe Cahill

Did another...

Losing this one's record tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Have a good bit of untradeable fodder now after loads of saving, just hoping they actually release a proper game changer. Flashback benzema is supposedly good but by stats is he noticeably better than the fekir card everyone has? Neres seems ok but is impossible to do without changing your team completely. Understandable that if there was a well priced sbc like the current benzema one everyone would do it but still would like something that could guarantee you one of the best cards. Might get to affording a gold Messi very shortly but left with loads of fodder that won't change the team otherwise

• Advertisement

Did one hero pack… Ole. Ffs. As a Liverpool fan, I keep getting Utd legends in these packs + icon packs.

Also anyone had any issues with Eir this past week? Only just realised my ping has been bouncing around 150-1000ms every day for the past week. Makes it near impossible to play FIFA. Dreading to try and contact them Monday to sort it.

About to open 4 mega packs, the excitement is nearly unbearable, cant wait to get Simon Kjaer again at least 3 times

Edit: i actually did in the 1st pack, good lord

De Gea, TOTW Stindl, Vertonghen, untradeable Bruno Fernandes, best of the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

These new cards being 50k is a pain the arse. Waiting for them to drop to complete that Benzema SBC which is really good value otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I've heard from neighbors who are on eir ftth that it has been bad this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Liverpool fan here as well and I packed Ole early on in the game, he’s been top class for me with a hunter, nobody has come close to replacing him. You just have to know his limitations and not going trying risky passes with him. He won’t suit every play style but he’s perfect for me. Averaging over a goal a game and he’s played over 300 for me now, and I mostly just play Weekend League, playoffs and rivals (Div 1 at the minute) so it’s not like he’s only good against poor teams and players. I play him as the runner in a front two, alongside Lukaku for a long time but I’ve switched to Werner now with both running in behind. Long story short, try him out. He plays like an Icon for me.

Plus, I have a great fondness for Ole over the last couple of years so that helps. 😁

Also packed Ole but he’ll have to be a bench option for me as I’ve no way to integrate him in to my serie A team.

Liverpool fan here to and i dont pack Ole, but i do pack Simon Kjaer

I actually think he’s fairly useless for me, he’s a ST and his passing isn’t great so really only useful up top and I don’t see myself ever subbing Di Natale off.

On another note, I packed 89 VVD and 88 Navas, have a few high rated untradeable cards that I don’t use. Should I do the icon SBC? Or hold for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

3-0 in Champs qualifying yesterday afternoon but was hating every second of playing.

Said to myself "what the **** am I doing here wasting my afternoon on something I'm not enjoying" and just gave the rest of the wins away to hopefully make someone elses weekend a bit better and went out for the day.

I know I posted about it the other night but bloody hell, they've really destroyed what was a very good game with their latest changes. It's unrecognizable from the first month.

You get punished for putting your players in the correct place with ridiculous deflections. All it takes is 3 driven passes to get from your CB to ST and breaking all the lines, plus if your driven pass goes astray it will bounce back to you! Then there's the running from kick off glitch, and the corner glitch. Almost every goal is a driven pass across the box which the defenders don't react too. FFS.

I think I'll take a punt on the icon upgrade and the hero upgrade to see if I can pack anything that gets my interest again.

On a positive side I changed back to my usual 4-3-2-1 and it's playing well again. On a decent win streak in Rivals this morning and on the cusp of division 1 again after struggling in division 3 since the season refresh.

Those cards I invested in for Black Friday are jumping up nicely too, so I may be able to purchase a big icon if it continues.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it’s been awful all week. Don’t even get FTTH, only fibre to the cabinet so at its best, I’ll max out at 12 down and 2 up with about 23-30 ping. Dreading calling their customer service, they’re usually awful.

Advertisement