Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Where did you see the exec plus ? I've an exec ordered and can see now why they pushed the premium out to all thea dealers first. It's a lot more impressive looking. Didn't realize the ambient lighting was premium only, that's a major disappointment as is the darker pixelated rear. On the verge of cancelling now

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

What is the difference between mood lighting and ambient lighting?

Very disappointing if the omission of the auto flush handles is confirmed. It's still listed on the Hyundai website as an exec plus feature...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

That's very disappointing. There's going to be a fair amount of people not taking up their Exec+ orders.

For me the combination of the plastic rear doors, Loss of mood lighting, loss of auto door handles along with the unmentioned differences highlighted in the video posted yesterday is really making me reconsider my Exec+. I'm going to view one during the week and make my mind up then.

The 4k difference between the Exec+ and Premium is starting to make a bit more sense though, but maybe now from where my mind was, I think the Premium is maybe a bit overpriced.

Tough decision ahead I think.

Yeah going to view one myself during the week and will decide then. A lot of the things that drew me to the ionic 5 in the first place aren't included

I've no doubt the exec plus will still be a brilliant car. BUT... with the grants removed, it's supposed to be a €53k car. And a €53k Car (and especially a €53k Hyundai) should feel like one. It should have the lovely interior touches and feel "premium". My feeling is the Exec+ won't feel like that, too many plastics and lots of the nice touches that were seen in demos removed.

I ask myself, if the car wasn't Electric, how much would I pay for it, looking at others available in the market. And what I'm looking at with the Exec+, I would get the feeling like it's a €28-32k car looking at everything aside from the electric aspect.

If I'm handing over €43k of my own money, I want it to feel like It looks/feels the part. Don't think the interior will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Bit the bullet and went premium plus, really interested in the V2L and V2G side of things. The additional tech ain't half bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I am guessing the Ariya may be the sweet spot between quality interior, design, tech and price.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Found this on a UK forum, it's a memo to Hyundai dealers.

Mood Lighting / Ambient Lighting

To clarify on the differences between the interior light functions on IONQ 5: Mood Lighting is standard across IONIQ 5 range and the lights are featured in the U-shaped section on the overhead console. The colour is white only.

Ambient Light, comes as standard on the Ultimate Trim and Project 45 only. It can be customised via the Touchscreen with a choice of 64 colours and the lights feature around the Bose speakers and within the door trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I test drove a 58kwh premium, it had ambient lighting on the doors and around the non Bose speakers, colour could be changed via the center screen also

So did i. There does seem to be a lot of confusion. The premium I test drove had the auto door handles, yet supposedly most premiums in the UK didn't have it when they arrived

• Advertisement

Thank you! :)

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards cancelling my exec + order, it's underwhelming. I'll try go see one in person first before making a rush decision.

How much of a deposit did you pay? I paid €500 and was told its non refundable ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭denismc

I put a deposit on an Exec in Cyber grey and after seeing the video above I am more than pleased.

I think the only visual difference between the Exec and Exec + is the darker rear windows.

I really don't think extras you get with the premium are worth it, my last car was premium spec and I have to say I rarely used a lot of the bells and whistles but I think that may have a lot to do with my age.

The only big issue with the Exec is the no heat pump. Everything else on it compared to Exec+ you could easily do without, and tbh I think the full cloth seats look nicer than the Half Leather.

I don't think the heat pump is that important in a car with 300km+ range especially in Ireland with our climate, it adds maybe 10% more range in Winter.

Plus they add a little bit of noise to car which you will notice when you are sitting in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

According to EV Database the 58 standard version will return somewhere between 220 to 260 in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

From what I've read the V2L adapter can be purchased aftermarket which implies the ability to do V2L is on all trim levels

Yes, that is true, I've seen YouTube videos demonstrating that.

I put 1k also non refundable, but I am not getting the car I put the deposit for, am I? So I don't see how I would have any issues getting the money back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭John arse

So slightly off thread here folks,got my kuga phev st x there a few weeks ago-ordered in june to avail of the 5k grant.So have to say i'm delighted with it and all the bells and whistles,running it in electric as much as possible(1.6 l/100k as shown).Cost me 38k(straight cash deal) and i think it's a lot of car for the money-looks very well too imo.The one thing i will say is as discussed earlier the heater situation.Any robust cabin heating seems to cause the engine to kick in i notice(still getting used to it now!)or else eats into the battery range quite noticeably,i'm going to try preheating the cabin ie heating while plugged-in to charger pre trip.So anyway my point is i'd certainly be looking at something with a heat pump and heated seats as standard,i think you might lose more range than you bargained for otherwise(just my opinion now).I think the base ioniq 5 does'nt have one while all the ev6 do have-might be something to consider.Anyway best of luck to anyone going electric in the near future👍👍👍.

The external adaptor can be bought aftermarket but the internal adaptor has to be fitted AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

The missus saw about 4 transporters with mainly Executive Plus this morning at a compound near Campile Co Wexford. She is happy with her choice of white..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yes, she laughed when I was ship watching etc last year, now she is photoing car transporters..lol😁

Yeah that's my real dilemma. I've a white exec plus ordered, but I'm thinking of going premium. But in terms of external colours I think the white with black trim is the best looking of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Shame to hear about the exec+ spec, I think it's extremely frustrating that dealers cannot get this information confirmed earlier, it's laughable.

I've ordered Premium Plus and fully expecting stuff missing including the vision roof which is listed on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

That’s a lovely car you got John. Well wear sir and 38k was a terrific price too. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

I'm really hoping the vision roof isn't missing as it's one of the main reasons I went for Premium Plus!!! I wonder when the first ones are due into the country?

Anyone know a Dublin dealer with the exec plus in stock ? I want to have a look for myself.

I am sure most dealers have a few in by now. Mooneys have a few up with pics on Carzone. Most rural dealers also have them in, two I have seen are Wexford and Kildare. More than likely customers cars, but viewing probably possible..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Advertisement