Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lusk

• 14-01-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am considering buying in Lusk ( station road development).
    Does anyone have any views / notes on that and how lusk as how develops? I seen plans for Lidl etc in the quarter.

I currently live in South county so cannot venture out.

*Do feel free to move if posted in incorrect forum

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi, both my daughters live in Lusk - one in an estate and the other in a very rural part. They both love it. I can't tell you about the development plans though, hopefully someone else will be able to. The north county in general is a great place to live and Lusk is a lovely spot.

The 5km rule is for leisure, if I were you I'd absolutely go over and drive around. There's usually a checkpoint just north of Swords but you can reassure the Guards about what you're doing. You won't even be getting out of the car near people - unless you stop at Skinny Batch for the best coffee/cakes/lunch in the Nth County, that is :D

There's a Lusk Village page on Facebook and it's quite active so you'd get lots of advice there too:

https://www.facebook.com/LuskV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Milena009 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am considering buying in Lusk ( station road development).
    Does anyone have any views / notes on that and how lusk as how develops? I seen plans for Lidl etc in the quarter.

I currently live in South county so cannot venture out.

*Do feel free to move if posted in incorrect forum

Depends what you are looking for really. It's an ideal location for the train station which is about 1km away. You are about ten mins drive from the m1 and the new Lidl will be probably about 200m max from your house. Supervalu is also within 500m.

Two primary schools. The national school is new after the old one was replaced a few years ago and its pretty impressive and within walking distance. Then you have the educate together and secondary school on the ring road which again is within walking distance. Bus stop is also bedside the development.

Downside is there is not much to do in lusk but skerries and swords are only 10 mins away for eating out and shopping. There is only one cafe, two chippers, a Chinese and 4 pubs which includes the local soccer and gaa bars.

Plenty of sports clubs in the area though from soccer to gaa to athletics.

Small bit of anti social behaviour in lusk but that's everywhere these days unfortunately.

Feel free to ask anything else or pm if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Depends what you are looking for really. It's an ideal location for the train station which is about 1km away. You are about ten mins drive from the m1 and the new Lidl will be probably about 200m max from your house. Supervalu is also within 500m.

Downside is there is not much to do in lusk but skerries and swords are only 10 mins away for eating out and shopping. There is only one cafe, two chippers, a Chinese and 4 pubs which includes the local soccer and gaa bars.

Plenty of sports clubs in the area though from soccer to gaa to athletics.

Feel free to ask anything else or pm if you need to.

Hi thank you :)
    Would you happen to know when Lidl etc are due to open?
    Do you live in Station road yourself?

I will be commuting to town every so often after covid (if we secure the property) so good to hear transport is good (train ofc packed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭pigtail33

The Lidl was due to open later this year, but the site is currently closed due to Level 5 (it's not classed as essential), so it depends on how long the closure lasts.

The 33x stops directly across the road from the estate, and there is also the Fingal Express which has a few services going into the City Centre every morning. The morning trains usually have standing room only by the time they get to Rush & Lusk, and the train can work out expensive when you factor in car parking charges. Although the train station is within walking distance, it's not a particularly nice walk in the dark winter mornings and evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadlil

Did you happen to buy one finally?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dec 9 is what I've heard for Lidl, no idea if that's accurate.

The running club is the biggest in Dublin, fastest growing in the country and really needs proper facilities. https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-hard-shoulder/we-want-a-home-for-lusk-athletic-second-biggest-athletics-club-nowhere-to-run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Work in Lusk myself, it's a giant housing estate with very few amenities and considerable anti social behaviour depending on the where you end up.

Lived there for 2 years too, houses all on top of eachother and crammed estates. Not a nice town really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭GIMP

I have lived here for over two years and I have seen very little anti social behaviour. Some of the new estates are a bit crammed in but that is not unusual for more modern developments. Agreed that the town needs more amenities but Lidl opening this week is a move in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

I work in Lusk and could not recommend it enough. Yes there are big housing estates around the outskirts of the town but it has a nice center to it. There are plenty of amenities from what I see. Superb clubs, Round towers GAA, Lusk utd soccer club, Lusk athletics club, Black Raven pipe band and a few other clubs and organisations also.

The anti social behaviour is not as bad in Lusk as other areas of North or south Dublin. Anywhere you get new houses you get some antisocial behaviour as you have a lot of teens growing up together and this can cause a bit of hassle. The sports clubs have done great work here getting more youths involved. Some of the hassle in Lusk last year was caused by outside gangs who met up in Lusk, Skerries Balbriggan and other towns along the railline including Malahide and Portmarnock as was well reported in papers.

What Lusk does have going it is the brilliant community vibe and very nice friendly people.

Advertisement