Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Godfrey had covid and still isn't right so I'll excuse him. Keane is a liability since we signed him. Coleman past his best and no competition. Digne has gone backwards and no competition either.

Mina, doucoure, dcl and richarlison are big losses and every time we start Rondon we effectively starting with ten men.

Rafa is now under pressure and the fans will turn quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just watching MOTD here.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Tom Davies? I can still remember his debut(?) against Man City and those couple of goals. Looked a decent player, and by all accounts is a brilliant lad.

He seems to be always in & out of the team. Is he just not good enough for top half PL or has he been unlucky with injuries/form/constant change in managers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Like so many recent Everton players started well, shows promise and then just fades into Championship mediocity, we have worse players, but you will win nothing with players of the quality of Davies - but with our never-ending injury crisis , if you bring in players like Rondon and Iwobi , who are at a lower level , you are winning nothing , havnt fealt so depressed following Everton in ages, one step forward , 2 steps back for years - Ancelotti leaving in the summer really fucked us up, he had built half a team and just fucked off, probably knew ther was no more money to build the other half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Half a team?

I count Dacoure and Allan! Who else? Thankful for those at least but certainly not half a team. Godfrey has gone backwards.

Hard not to be a bit worried about this Everton team. The squad depth that we feared is really biting.

Having said that, nothing justifies taking Gordon and Gray off while having Rondon on the pitch for the full game. Squad depth has nothing to do with that. Especially when Richarlison sits out the first sixty minutes of that match.

How long is Mina out for because Godfrey either needs moving out right for Coleman or dropping..

• Advertisement

Just rewatched the goals, not sure I have ever seen worse defending than the 4th , and for the 5th Coleman diving in like a school boy, expected way more from an experienced international.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I didn't even hear Rondon being mentioned during the MOTD highlights.

Disgrace he played 90mins while others were taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sad news. Decent manager and a decent bloke too who had to manage us through dark days.

That Everton bench doesnt inspire confidence - Back 4 and Iwobi need to step up big time after last time horror show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Complete embarrassment.

Can’t defend set pieces. Can’t keep possession.

Rafa 100% to blame. Best team in the league at defending set pieces to the worst this year. 4-4-2 is completely exposed by a 3-4-3.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

We're lucky to be only 2 down

Everton fans chanting “Fat Spanish Waiter” now.

It doesn’t get much worse.

they/them/theirs

and nothing on the bench to ignite a comeback , even our good players are not doing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

first time watching them this season and turned it off after half an hour. Fat Sam’s Everton >fat waiter’s Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

We are getting worse, relegation form

at this stage I'd give Eddie Howe punt, if Spurs can be ruthless

You know things are bad when Delph is one of our better players since he came on.

We're in a bad place

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I like Nuno, but much like Spurs, don't think it would be a good fit - second half a bit better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

the worst thing is, Conte was available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

We're missing 4 first team regulars in a team that doesn't have the greatest depth of quality in the squad to begin with.

It was always going to be a struggle.

It was. But we didn’t struggle in the first half, we capitulated.

I’ll give Rafa some credit, he changed the shape after the 2nd goal to stifle Wolves. We should never have started with that shape though.

they/them/theirs

they/them/theirs

Why is Holgate continually included ? another one who adds nothing.

Decent draw given recent slump and injuries.

Clean sheet i suppose. You have to start somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Better performance defensively but zero threat up front.

Also it is taken with a pinch of salt given Spurs recent performances. They even made Ole look like he knew what he was doing

City away , thinks it's the rugby

• Advertisement

they/them/theirs

Routine 2 - 0 to City. Think I'll swerve it. I just don't really like this Everton.

Turgid stuff.

they/them/theirs

We must be the most depressing team to support in England. Same crap every season

• Advertisement

With a wafer thin squad of quality, no serious backup for DCL - you will win nothing when relying on the likes of Rondon and Tosun - given the money spent over the years, the lack of quailty depth in the squad is pitiful - the likes of Iwobi and many other MOR over paid journeymen.

still don't know why King wasn't given a run of games last season? or held onto by the new manager coming in

we'll be in the bottom six by xmas

In fairness he's pretty average, but still better than either Tosun or Rondon

**** again. Takes off Townsend and leaves Iwobi on.

I’m done with Benitez

they/them/theirs

Rondon is still on the pitch. He’s beyond useless.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I'd say sack him. But who'd take this squad on?

Wednesday is going to be an embarrassing night for Everton. In so many ways.

We miss DCL so badly. He would definitely have been on the end of some of Gray's crossing. And I mean just Gray. The rest couldn't cross their legs. Coleman, Iwobi, Digne and Gordon - all beyond shoite.

Not even worth mentioning Rondon. What's the point!

Thats it - its half a squad at best - no backup, sell Kean and replace with Rondon, when Tosun does the same job - Gordon the future of England - right - Iwobi done nothing, Coleman has not been the same player for nearly 2 years.

Agent rafa will take us down. Losing and he makes one sub. Throw on the two kids simms and dobbin and take off iwobi and Rondon? He's one stubborn man

Sell Kean and replace him with Rondon? Oh no, not even that. Give James away for free and loan out Kean for 2 years, sign Rondon.

Absolutely horrific.

I’ll say it again, under Ancelloti we we conceded the fewest goals in the league at set pieces, now we are a shambles. Complete mismanagement

they/them/theirs

I'm still biter about Ancelotti leaving - he created half a team and then just left, but Rondon has been a disaster of a signing , said it from the get-go - still hasnt scored - Not sure what the answer is, Ralf rangnick is who we should have gone for - someone to crack a whip to our millionaire under-achievers.

I don’t care how poor Tosun is or how inexperienced Simms are, they were worth a run today. Rondon did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Ok, sign him in the hope that he comes good, but it was painful to see him run around clueless today. I don’t even blame Rondon, the manage should have pulled him off.

they/them/theirs

I will have to give Wednesday a swerve.

Just over a year everything seamed to be coming together, Carlo at the wheel , building a team, with Colombian flair - apart from new stadium actually starting to get built , its been pretty much all downhill. The Everton life since the 80s.

pretty much been downhill since winning at the pit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭wally79

Have to love Guardiola saying he has a player emergency because he has only 14 or 15 players fit.

He should take a look at our squad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement