Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,046 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Cant see Bissets doing well.

Big heavy MMA types cant hold themselves up normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

A fella in work said to me last week that Davy was the type of lad everyone would want to give a slap to in a club hurling match😂

They were surprisingly poor given their build. I thought the same.

It's a lot easier hold up 10st than 15st over a few min.

Does Niall McIntyre have a Garda tag on his leg?

Older, light, wiry, hardy man. They nearly always do the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Camera, I presume. To get the footage of the fall into the water.

Two bawling gobshites, Geary and Fitzgerald.

Completely hopeless at the cargo net by the Bissets.

Awful strategy.

Why did Anna leave the heaviest lad by himself at the bottom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Bad strategy leaving the biggest man to haul up on to the wall....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Poor tactics from the O'Brien's on the wall! That guy was big no way we're those two gonna haul him up easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭recyclops

Anna should of just left the Bisset girl go to the end then call it back.

They are a bunch of individuals be surprised if they go to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The absolute horse manure that comes out of Geary and Davy.

Davy: "they're in an eliminator..it's no harm, it's what they need"

Geary then ahead of Hanging Tough the camera shows her throwing out her arms as if she's going doing it herself. Where the hell was she when the two small girls were trying to pull up a big heavy lad? Why didn't she tell one of the girls to get down and give the fella a leg up. It was obvious!

The Bissets are too cocky, especially that Courtney. She was all cocky doing the back against the wall in the first round and today saying how they strength train 3 times a day 7 days a week. Yeah sure...

Davy was on the Today Show yesterday.

Funny because he was saying on it that his managerial method 10 years ago wouldn't cut it today. Roaring and shouting at players doesn't cut it today either.

Davy burns his team out quickly.

Another interesting thing is he said it takes a lot of time to be a county manager. He said 50-60 hours a week. And we're led to believe they're unpaid or just expenses?

But sure if they had the same events in the same order, it would be equally unfair - the same types/physiques would get through all the time, and where does that leave all the other combinations of skills/physiques?

I presume it's random which round you wind up in, and who you wind up against in the early stages - what other way could they organise it?

But that's the nature of the early rounds of competitions, surely? You can come up against the eventual winners, or you can meet an equally poor team and scrape through.

And like I say, if they had one particular event as the first in every heat, then the same sorts of teams would get through every time, how fair would that be?

I think you're reading too much into it!

And just to add, not just aimed at the last poster, but I don't know why there's such dissing of Backs Against The Wall as an event - ok, it's not aerobic, but by God it's endurance and requires an unmerciful amount of mental (and leg) strength - I'd like to see some of the ones scoffing at it doing it!

OK, fair point, I'd forgotten that one week that got people straight through on the one event! My bad.

No idea why they did that.

Yes, agree that the usual format of two (random) events needed initially to give everyone a fair twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Trampas

I think they could do something with the way hanging tough or any of them timed events weight more than the first one.

You could crush a team in round one and they beat you by a second in round 2 and you end up on same points but cause of that second they beat you overall.

good to see a better ramp back

The ideal team is fit auld lad, 2 strong young lads and light woman (daughter or mother) who can run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

If there was a competition for the largest amount of pointless waffle Anna Geary would surely win it.

Great performance by the Cuddys. Esp Lisa after that hammering she took earlier, I felt that fall just watching it!

Great head of hair on the brother!!

If you asked a kid to draw an Irishman he is exactly what would be drawn!

Davy made shìte of the cargo net last week aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah that cargo net cost them the race. Its been in the show every year from the start so you'd think Davy would have figured out the best way for a team to tackle it.

Good episode overall, the Fordes look like contenders on that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Anna and Dzvy never shut up. Imagine trying to get into the zone hanging from a flippin crane and you have to listen to theim constantly roaring. . A couple of blowhard egomaniacs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anna is exceptionally annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,114 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nah, the ideal team is a fit mammy and 3 fit daughters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Trampas

Forde’s have no balance.

the upper body strength for hanging tough doesn’t appear to suit the people who like larger upper arms.

davy putting the daughter down before hanging tough. Just do what you can as the 3 males it’s on you.

what’s up with Davy having the official equipment at his home. Shouldn’t be allowed

• Advertisement

Hanging tough is similar to marathon running. Less weight you have to carry, far easier it is.

Advertisement