Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Are you for real?? Look at the state of it out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ospreys have been pretty poor even with a gale of wind behind them. Basically got a jammy try out of nothing.

Hopefully Connacht keep attacking. Can’t rely on just the wind to win the game for them in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Should have done better from the lineout but make up for it.

Looked like a high swinging arm before the try.wonder why they never get looked at when a try is scored

• Registered Users Posts: 25,465 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Could have awarded a penalty try for the high shot last ditch tackle

Loved the Connacht question, why not go for it. Strange call from the ref

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ospreys are taking the píss with the length of time they hold the jumper in the air at lineout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Totally. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that penalised recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Snoopy Snoop Beahlam is just the same as Finlay

i live in fear of the day Furlong gets injured

Evans with another swinging arm. One is careless, two is something different entirely.

High tackle which saves the try?

• Advertisement

He’d warned them directly and then they proceeded to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht have blown some amount of chances to finish the game here. Held up twice over the try line. Leaving the door ajar for the Ospreys. Who have done feck all but are still hanging around in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,465 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ospreys should have at least one player seeing yellow, high tackle a few minutes ago was a swinging arm, nothing to mitigate.

knock on not spotted or ignored.

Finally high tackle getting attention

Blade for Ireland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

How'd Blade manage that?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Because different teams, with different game plans, perform differently from week to week in different matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Some great rugby from Connacht. As a Munster fan I do wish we could play that open and freely

“Freezin their balls off” :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

That was impressive. Liked it much. 9 to 15 was fun to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Very impressive given the conditions, trusted the new gameplan and it was good to see. Some offloads didn't work but that's the risk you take.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

None of our ilian international carriers (Aki, Papa, Fifita'a) and still finding an impressive gamestyle under these conditions.

We shouldn't get overoptimistic against big teams nonetheless, Leicester will make us struggle, we show signs of "pure strenght" deficiencies at scrum, defence or attack (around the 76h min mark when Ospreys tightened up their defence)

I hope Tuimauga fit in before Dec 19th, Aki comes back 100% fit, and one of Papa/Fifita'a is able to push for starting

In the backline though we didn't even noticed, none of our theorical impressive combination Aki/Daly/Farrell/Healy/Porch/TOH/BOD played in yesterday showing

Huge depth from 11 to 15

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zeugnis

Hope Niall Murray is ok after failing his HIA. Thought Oliver had another good game (what an offload to Wooton!).

We've certainly landed on our feet with Mack Hansen, but the performances from Bolton and McNulty were very encouraging.

Any news on the Thornbird's injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I don't think Friday night could really have gone much better. Apart from all the obvious things to be happy about the performance, I was particularly pleased for Peter Robb who I thought came on and did really well. If he can keep fit, his carrying could be a real asset for us.

Anyone else feeling unnervingly positive about our chances at the weekend away to Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Cautiously optimistic I would say! Would have preferred a Leinster win at the weekend but sure what can you do.

With Europe starting following week expect it will be a first choice XV pretty much.

Very impressive on Friday. The youth of the team really offers hope, nobody above the age of 30 in the 23.

Recruitment looks to have been excellent again. Mack Hansen obviously the standout but Shayne Bolton looks a right prospect too. Even with Sam Arnold leaving, look set in the centre for a long time with Cathal Forde & Shane Jennings hopefully coming through.

Oran McNulty was really impressive. Depth from 11-15 is so good, when you can be missing four key players in Aki, Daly, Farrell, Porch and not be overly concerned it seems weird!

Second row starting to look light though, hopefully Niall Murray isn’t out too long.

Kieran Marmion is playing some excellent rugby, having him & Blade is a real luxury, they’re the two best 9s Connacht have had since game went professional. Edit: John Cooney an obvious contender too but think his best form quite clearly came in Ulster.

Leinster will try to dominate up front and at the breakdown I expect, if Connacht can reach the tall order of matching them there would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Agree with all of this. Andy Friend mentioned in the post game press conference that Niall Murray was fine so that's good. He'll obviously have to go through the return to play protocols, so I suppose we'll see when they announce the selection on Thursday.

Roydon Swift joining Connacht Academy next season from South Africa (highly rated as was Bolton).

Doubt Illo won't be kept, it's either McCoy or McGrath released it looks like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Where did you see that Connachta ? Can only find his name on team sheets.

Advertisement