Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The odd time in a sleepy stupor I would come close to stepping out the door in the morning with no runners on. Or I might put my hoody on back to front so my whole face is engulfed inside the hood, it seems to be a once a week occurrence for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sent some emails on Thursday evening, hoping for a response by the end of their week, no response so far.

The annoying bit is that, even though I know I'll probably not get a reply at all, I'm still checking for a response regularly and mildly depressing myself with my own behaviour and their lack of response(esp. as one is well aware of the mutual deadline)

Its not like I haven't got other things to do. 😣

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I was driving down the road to work one morning and knew that something wasn't right. Realised at the end of the road that I hadn't put my contact lenses in and couldn't actually see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm having a blanket fort day on the couch. My TA is that I can't decide whether to have a Stranger Things or Harry Potter marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

The constant repeats of the Late Late Show - will probably get wall-to-wall repeats of the Toy Show for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that it wasn't one of the better ones and am knackered today coz it didn't finished until 12:15

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Paying for Sky Sports package ... on a Saturday packed with sport.... you have...

Sky Sports ...Main Event

Sky Sports ...Premier League

Sky Sports ...Football

Sky Sports ...News...

Who are all showing the exact fûckin same program...Gilette Soccer Saturday Live Scores... people reporting on football scores and talking about them... on four premium subscription view channels.

Forrest Green 2 - 0 Bristol Rovers being discussed on four channels as I was typing...jesus.

sky charge enough for the service that surly they can purchase a feed from another broadcaster and show live beach volleyball from Tijuana, Mexican Pool Championships, Botswana track and field meeting .... something, some variety and bang for your buck., Christ.

Pure ripoff S.. Watch fk all football, but the quantity of matches Sky have nowadays is nothing short of dire.. Thinking of getting rid of the sports package. Brighton and Leeds match on 2 of their channels atm.. FFS - Brighton and farkin Leeds! On TWO channels!! 😠

TA got a text message. Thinking not too bad, I'll give them a ring back and shoot the breeze for a few mins, but no, It were only Eir, the hungry shower of kernts telling me I need to top up (every 28 days - used to be a month many moons ago) by midnight.. 'by midnight' - whatever the fk that means.. Top up before midnight, and it's effectively throwing away a score..

The same match on the two channels is just the biggest pisstake going...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This is why I use now for sky sports, use the codes to get discounts. Works out a lot cheaper than paying monthly through a sky subscription

• Advertisement

Might look into that, thanks.

ive decided to change my GP... if I can find one that has openings... I have no faith anymore really in my current one.... he’s developed into a moody, condescending fûck.

even allowing for covid and the pressure that must have been on his shoulders... every second consultation is him getting narky because there is a particular issue not resolving itself fast enough for his liking but apparently it’s my fault...

nothing of the fact that he’s showing zero interest in recommending or referring me to any services that might enable a more successful outcome....

everything from physiotherapists, hydrotherapists etc... has been through my research and me contacting them... he even has a physiotherapist in his practice that he has never even mentioned...

looking on the google maps reviews the other surgeries don’t get great reviews so I’m stuck really... frustrating.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Products for sensitive skin that have fragrance to knock a skunk out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Next door's cat. He has my dog driven demented and now seems to have set his beady eyes on my beloved birds that I feed. Had to run him from the garden twice yesterday and hunt him out of the other next door's tree that overhangs my feeding station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dick heads on bicycles that insist on using the roads in the dark without as much as a reflector on the bike let alone a light pr a high viz

I see it at least once a week

They're usually the casual prick that takes the bike out because the wife won't drop him to the pub. The cyclist that's at it daily always tends to have their sh1t together

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have a credit account with Littlewoods which I don't ever use.

The other night I ordered a basic lampshade for about €12 but I clicked add to my account instead of paying with card.

I paid the amount off instantly.

They were sold out of the item and refunded the money to my Littlewoods instead of my card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Myself and the OH are going to change our GP also. Our current GP surgery hardly ever answer their phone, and it also took over a week for him to send off a certificate to social welfare which meant my claim was delayed.

A TA for this morning is the coffee syrup dispenser nozzles in the coffee shop at work. They're always stuck and seized up any time I go to use them .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

did something similar one evening leaving work. I drove the length of the M50 trying to figure out why things were a bit blurry. then I realised I was still wearing the glasses I use for my computer screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having spent almost a month to get my housemate to go to a Dr. for his never-ending cough, yesterday he hears that his workmate(in a customer facing role, is very sick after getting his vax and is going for a pcr test today)

Same one refuses to close or keep doors closed in the house.

Hey Ho, even though I don't have time .off for my top up jab I go today(likely to make me sick for the rest of the week)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bit of a TA been made to feel like a Grinch for insisting that there is no way we are putting the Christmas decorations up until 1st December at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I don’t know if it’s a “covid thing” whereby people want to make a bigger deal this year but there is no way I’ll be putting up anything before the first weekend in December.

I was all for making Halloween more than a 2 day thing, meant less hassle having decorations up for a week or two, but starting Christmas in November is just overhyping.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Living in a Liberace Wonderland for more than a month would have me in the asylum.

TA when I still see Xmas decorations up in January.

First week is fine, no? Can’t ever imagine I’d ever be arsed taking them down on the 26th or before New Years.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Bloody grinches the lot of ye 🙊😆

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

New years day is perfect. Day of misery anyway. All the looking forward is behind you and you're facing into a grim cold January. May aswell get rid of all the decorations on that date too just in case they remind you of happier times

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Whistling, especially the tuneless variety. I'm sitting near someone who is doing just that. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've the tree up and decorated since Wednesday, herself done the rest of the Christmas stuff around house during the week. Going to do the outside lights over weekend. Bring it on is what I say!

• Advertisement

I know I said I wasn’t a fan but that doesn’t mean I’m not jealous that you’ve all the work done. Not looking forward to getting all the bits out of the attic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement