Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Just got 14 free antigen tests from friends in the UK. Excellent job they are doing over there with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

He said the market had provided the solution

Ahahaha

What a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

The problem is they each have their own PR advisors (some have multiple) and there is no joined up thinking that maybe they should have a clear message. For them it's all about being first with the soundbites to enhance their own profile.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭watchingfromafar

That doesn't stop Fauci spouting lies and bullshit on TV

These health officials need winding back in world wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

An utter Clown , its really just make it up as they go

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure like everything else with this Government, its a figment of their imagination 🙄 Donnelly reminds me of one of evangelical American Sales people on QVC , or one of those corporate American zealots giving motivational speeches to their work force .

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Your quotes don't say what you keep falsely repeating. Nowhere did I say that there were no restrictions because I wasn't affected by them. Someone said there were a myriad of restrictions affecting EVERY aspect of people's lives and I pointed out that they don't affect EVERY aspect of people's lives. You've twisted what I said to try to put down everything else I say. That's blatantly obvious. You dismiss everything I post by using your twisted version of what I said rather than attempt to actually debate what is currently being discussed. Either debate fairly or don't debate at all. Thanks in advance.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It's irrelevant how many people actually get their 5-11 year olds vaccinated. The point is that the Government are willing to spend in excess of 50 million without a single query raised about the benefits.

Remember when people were going crazy about the cost of a national children's hospital? At least we were getting a hospital at the end of that - something that pretty much anyone who's interacted with our health service agreed was needed.

But that was pre-covid. Now with a bit of media hysteria, the government can burn through tens of billions without any questions as to value or need. The access to cheap-credit has destroyed this country and the younger generation have been sold down the river and loaded up with debt in one of the most cynical exercises I have seen from a bunch of cowards that are entrusted with prudent governance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

You literally said there was no lockdown because you weren't affected by it.

Given the lack of any leadership, Messaging generally, one would suffice

Could the issue between you two stem from you taking "every" to mean literally EVERY aspect. At which point your argument is then "well its not every aspect because I do xyz that aren't restricted" then that gets read as "Most of my life isn't affected so its grand" and then you used a **** example of saying you go to the north for nights out so its no big deal. Which lets be honest wasn't a great example of trying to prove most aspects of your life weren't affected since you had to travel to another country (no matter how close it was)

Point being is you two are arguing semantics and being stuck in the weeds.

The honest answer is that yes for some people lots of aspect of their lives were disrupted. For others maybe not as much was and it was a breeze to them.

It's subjective. Since lots of people do **** all but sit at home and go for walks, so they aren't going to feel as put out as others.

Beating a dead horse with this topic though, I hadn't even joined Boards when you were debating these topics. Was only watching from the outside lol

Build a **** bridge both of you.

Ah, here we go again. I haven't denied that at any stage. You're arguing about something I haven't disputed. It's yer man bucketybuck who keeps saying that I've said 'there are no restrictions if you don't do restricted things'. Again, for those that struggle with comprehension, I didn't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

You could say the same thing about literally any virus. We're not going to be shutting down just in case a virus mutates to be worse. You can impose your own restrictions on yourself, by all means.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

Much as it would like to continue the precedent set over the last two years, the media can no longer avoid reporting on the peaceful protests that are happening around the globe and in Ireland because they're all over social media and their complicity in suppressing dissent was becoming too obvious. So instead, they will report on the protests and pick visuals that will deter the more easily propagandised and squeamish from taking part.

Standard propaganda practice.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

I'm happy to let it go. What I'm not happy about is bucketybuck misquoting me repeatedly as an attempt to stymie anything else I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I’m over in the states ( Connecticut) since Saturday. What a different world it is. People going on as normal with hardly any talk of cases etc. I was in a cool pizza spot last night. The place was buzzing and no covid certs or anything asked for. The incidence rate here in CT( don’t know about other states or care tbh) is lower than Ireland despite more normality. No constant threats of restrictions or lockdowns. Go on to the RTE app and the doom and gloom hits, quite fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

There were plenty of signs that were respectful and not full of lies shown as well so I wouldn't go blaming the media on this occasion. They need to be hunted from these protests if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If the rollout hits 50% and stops (reduces for the simpletons) a bunch of onward transmission then the program will easily be quids in (cost of PCR test not being given, cost of hospital beds going unused), in addition, the vaccines are already bought (based on expected demand rather than buying for 100%) and the administration of vaccines is already in place, the additional cost will be negligible vs. the benefit. This tends to be used as an excuse not to vaccinate.

Vaccination is by far the cheapest form of healthcare and is probably the only part of the health system that gives more bang per buck than "hospital beds" spending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

90% of the radio content so far today has been: NPHET, antigen tests, Omicron, kids not going to pantos, masks in school, more restrictions etc. Absolute doom all over the media.

These people are professionals in media. Whatever stood out to you was meant to.

People who find the presence of a small handful of loons at a protest an adequate reason to stay away will never attend any protest. It's a permanent feature in activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,294 ✭✭✭facehugger99

How many 5-11 year olds are taking up hospital beds because of Covid?

Also hilarious that anyone who questions the official narrative is an anti-vaxer - as per your none too subtle insinuation.

Some amount of shite talk on here from the usual suspects.

Ah, so you too just looked an saw a lengthy post with lots of links and didn't actually read any of it which was all conjecture with no evidence.

Your bang for your buck on vaccinations in simple terms is a giant waste when you go down the age cohorts.

There its pissing away money to vaccinate children and most adults.

Elderly - Yes

Vulnerable of all ages - Yes

Obese - Absolutely

50 year olds- Meh

40 year olds- Piddling away money

20-30 - Pissing away money

12-19 - Pissing into the thrust of a 747

0-12 - Shouldn't even consider this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

You constantly played down the restrictions as being nothing more than a mere inconvenience, which is fair enough if it doesn't affect you personally but for a lot of people it was an absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Our national debt has gone from €50 billion to €250 billion over the last ten or eleven years. FF and FG have no regard for our spiralling costs. We'll see public services privatised in the coming years to help pay for their "magic money tree". And for clarification I'm not a Sinn Féin supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

You've clearly never pissed into the thrust of a 747

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BuildTheWall

That’s a crazily generous take. At the height of level 5 lockdown I would have said he was viscously gaslighting posters who were at their wits end with restrictions by telling them there was no real lockdown.

• Advertisement

Different discussion. It really depended on which restrictions you're referring to. Some are a mere inconvenience, some moreso. I didn't, however, as bucketybuck has repeated numerous times, say, 'there are no restrictions if you don't do the restricted things'.

Advertisement