Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,589 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• A copy and paste quote from ButtersSuki from a thread in After Hours re who is biggest chancer in Ireland

“I'm not going to read 10 pages but it has to be Joe Duffy. A man who can barely speak English, who seems to adore butchering the language he does it so frequently and takes pride in his "unique" pronunciations, yet has written three "bukes". Styles himself as a man of the people, yet is as far from the salt of the earth “working class man with a working class work ethic" (a quote he trots out regularly) he portrays himself as as is possible in an Irish context. Cites Larkin as his hero yet is apparently ignorant of the fact that Larkin would turn in his grave were he to think of the hard shift Joe puts in a week/month/year. "Earns" more in 20 hours than a nurse does in a year yet tries to make out like he understands their plight, whilst also paying less tax in a year than a ward of those very same burses due to his bogus self-employment arrangement with RTE. Is as subtle as a brick in his own blatant self-promotion and the shameless shilling of his own wares, and is possibly the least modest public figure I've ever encountered (incl. McGregor). He's also recently laughably tried to climb on the woke bandwagon, but lacks the intellectual capacity to understand the subtlety and nuance of that movement and inevitably comes across as a blundering nincompoop when trying to be PC. He also frequently "loses the rag" on air when presented with an opinion he doesn't agree with or understand, further highlighting his unsuitably for the role he is in, and his sheer unprofessionalism. Promoted and rewarded far beyond any apparent talent or intellectual ability purely due to being in the right place at the right time and somewhat of a token appointment in the first place. And that's before I even talk of the misery, sickness, and death fetishes he indulges himself in on an almost daily basis (when he bothers to turn up of course) at the taxpayers expense. A truly sickening and embarrassing parasite of an individual.”

Post edited by ButtersSuki on November 28

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

as camp as christmas there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

It was a very popular book in it's day and Jack did more for the plain people of Ireland than many a politician. IIRC though not all the plans were bungalows, there were 2 storey and traditional style designs as well. Casting snide comments now is just plain snobbery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Yeah they still use either a reader or they take data from the participants TV provider/s, with permission granted for same.

• Keep your dinner down, Joe, not up to the microphone.

Christ almighty this concept nothing new

• Joe showing is how #WOKE he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

he shud of produced a buke for designing halting sites

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,362 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Lance

Lance from offaly, brother of Lance Boyle 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

this stupid discussion is very one sided

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

One minute it is buke and the next it is book. Them hypnosis sessions are only partly wurking.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,740 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cement strike, ff..like something that would happen in modrin day Albania.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This is his favourite time of the year; when he starts compiling his annual list of dead people show that goes out on St. Stephen's Day

It looks like a Enid Blyton book

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The housing crisis of the 1970s is indeed today's key issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

this is crap. Need a narky architect with a posh accent to come on and liven things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Can anyone tell my how Joe can still command such a high salary when the last ad break was:

1. Claire Byrne show
    2. Charity appeal (Threshold)
    3. Ray D'Arcy show

His 'star power' is obviously not bringing in the ads so why is he still on 400ish grand? And why am I threatened with prosecution for not contributing towards his salary?

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Sitting under the tree 🌴 in the Pheonix park. The Fiancee whips out his 4x2 soo-to-speak 🤫

They lived in them Cawler

The Bungalows I've see on this programs promo were not built in the 70's

We were a very quaint nation not very long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Deeec

Nothing wrong with bungalows but a bungalow built in the 70's does not suit how a young family live today. The show is about modernising these houses for todays families - its not rubbishing bungalows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I grew up in a bog standard two storey house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

What % of RTE prtogrammes (Late Late, Claire Byrne, Brendan O'Connor, Liveline, etc) are just promos for other RTE programmes?

They don't even try to be subtle about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Joe just the 50 years behind on this topic. Sounds like he only heard about the book last week.

Advertisement