Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Be right back

I don't think she hated it, rather she couldn't do what she wanted, threw a hissy fit and persuaded Harry she was miserable and the royal family and press were racist and made her life hell.

Is it possible that she could marry a future presidential candidate and then down the line, run for office herself, like Hilary Clinton?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

^^^ third time lucky!

I don't think any presidential candidate would like a twice divorced wife, parts of redneck America are very conservative and religious. She's been too high profile too for a potential first lady, all her dirty linen and lies aired in public. She also ate a cookie like a chipmunk FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Murricans will vote for a chipmunk given a chance. It’s part and parcel of Murrican Exceptionalism.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yes, that's more accurate - she hated that she couldn't do what she wanted, but she also hated that she couldn't control the narrative or her image. The royals are basically owned by the taxpayer and therefore answerable to the public opinion in a way that regular rich folk never are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

I think she hated the most to be the second after Kate in royal hierarchy.

• Advertisement

There’s no way she’d get far if she ran for political office- some minor ambassadorial or diplomatic post maybe but nothing too stretching -I mean what really has she stood for to date? She has nothing to offer so disguises this fact by ranting daily about bullying, depression and racism - the easiest low hanging fruit a minor celeb latches onto when their career is on the decline - there are so many celebs on those bandwagons at this stage the market is saturated and the general public are switching off in their droves as they’re tired of being lectured to by millionaires in their ivory towers

I doubt very much that she will succeed. After all, you would have to be thick skinned to make it in politics and the poor thing seems very sensitive. But in her head, there is no reason she couldn't succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I mean she's already a politician in her own head- writing to congressmen (using her royal title when it suits her) to talk about parental leave. I honestly think her involvement did more harm than good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

realistically that is unlikely.

there were always going to be things that didn't make it into biden's plan as compromises were going to have to be saught so as to try and get the very necessary and decades over due infrastructure bill passed.

parental leave realistically was one of those things as there were differing views on it within the democrat party unfortunately.

i was disapointed myself that it didn't make it in but i am sure it will be back again at some stage hopefully.

nothing wrong with meghan using the titles she has been given and is entitled to, to try and bring about change.

it would be stupid for her not to, it's what they are there for, granted they may not have any effect which is the way of the world in a republic, but if you don't try you definitely don't get.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

'it would be stupid for her not to, it's what they are there for'

That's what royal titles are for?

I don't think so, the royal family do not get involved in politics and definitely don't use their titles to influence politicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Her title from the British Royal family is not to be used to interfere in foreign politics. As a private citizen she has every right to communicate with her politicians but not as a Royal subject of a foreign crown.

some would try argue that some of them do get involved in politics from time to time.

it wouldn't be a problem if they did as politics effects them as much as the next person in some sense depending on the specific issue.

it is for whatever she decides it is for now as she is in the US with her husband who is a prince and will always be so, if she wants to try and use it for certain things that is exactly what will happen and whether it will work or not who knows but at least she can try.

it's no more a big deal then any other zelebrity using their status to lobby politicians on things like climate change, meals for children etc and if she can get some good done by using her title then that is a good thing.

That is your opinion and as per this thread your opinion is wrong. There are rules for the Royal family with regard to their given status and she is deliberately breaking those rules.

As I said, if she was to lobby as a private individual, which she is entitled to do as a citizen of the United States of America being born in California then there is no issue.

The fact that she uses her title from a foreign monarchy is a problem for the government of the United States of America and thus they ignore her.

If she left her title aside she may have actually benefited the cause she was championing more but she couldn't do that.

You saying that this is not a big deal in the politic world shows your ignorance of the foreign policies as much as Meghan's ignorance towards the foreign policies.

Or you actually are aware and like Meghan have decided that all these things should change to suit her like the narcissist she is!

except it's not wrong, you might want it to be but itt's ultimately not.

she has decided that is what her title is for, and the fact there are rules surrounding it and she is breaking them is a big non-issue as what she is using them to do outweighs the rules of an institution that is long passed its sell by date.

oh no, the US government aren't really that bothered that an individual is contacting them using a title of a foreign institution given as biden has said himself, britain is no friend of america and the days of the british monarky having any sway over the US government looks to be temporarily at least, on hold.

no the reason they will have ignored her if they even have, is that they get plenty of contact from all sorts of zelebrities and they are probably as sick of the lot of them.

it shows nothing of the sort, britain is on the way to irrelevance in the world at the hands of 17000000 of it's own people.

the queen is 95, charles is a nice enough chap but not really that popular which ultimately means questions over the medium term relevance of the british monark on the world stage.

as has been shown meghan isn't a narcissist as she doesn't have the actual trates of it.

Some, like your good self, would be wrong then.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Except she or any member of the British royal family don’t get to decide how to use their titles so once again in your desire to bend over backwards to defend Meghan and Harry you will twist things in order for them to not be seen in a bad light.

And if the institution is passed it’s sell by date, then she won’t mind giving up the title because why have a title of an obsolete institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

… and yet, the French nobility has been using its titles way past the restoration. A small but persistent minority dreams of bringing back the monarchy to this day. Irish descendants of nobility still hold on to their titles despite its constitutional nullity.

Incidentally, our poodle "Leeloo" is fully entitled as a princess in our family.

• Advertisement

why not? they have them, they are entitled to them and they may as well use them while they can.

by the sounds of it it would be a very long winded and complicated process to strip them of their main titles so ultimately they can to an extent decide what they can do with them because realistically very few care about this sort of thing and lets face it, they will always be known as the duke and duchess and harry will always be known as prince harry regardless of official titles or not.

Looking forward to the second part of the BBC documentary about the lives of Willian and Harry- next Monday night. Watched the first episode today and it was very well put together I thought- newspaper men and women talking about how the media world works when it comes to the royal family and putting their case forward around why they write the articles they write.

This is from Amanda Platell,mone of the contributors on the programme. “Eight months ago, I was introduced to the BBC’s rising star Amol Rajan who asked me to be interviewed for a TV documentary he was making.

It was about Princes William and Harry and their relationship with the media after the death of their mother Diana. He said the working title was The Princes And The Press but, he went on to say, delphically, that it didn’t ‘capture what we’re doing’.

Indeed it didn’t. The first part of the resultant series, broadcast last Monday, was, in my opinion, a hatchet job on the Palace and the Press . . . and a hagiography of Harry and Meghan. It was so biased against the royals the Palace has since threatened a boycott of future dealings with the BBC.” https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10247499/PLATELLS-PEOPLE-BBCs-golden-boy-Amol-Rajan-conned-royal-hatchet-job.html

As seen on Instagram.

Sorry - crocodile tears at this stage- she’s savvy enough to know how the media world works- ZERO pity for her- former press secretary to William Hague and a Daily Mail reporter? FFS-Laughing my arse off at that article

So if you know so well, how the media world works, so what is the worth of this documentary, you recommend then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

The lawyer effectively calling the people who allege bullying liars struck me as a Pee Flynn moment talking about Tom "he's not well" Gilmartin i.e. if there is any veracity at all to the claims of bullying then those people could well be watching that program and then see Meghan's lawyer calling them liars on national TV. It might provoke or move them to speak up and ensure that, like Gilmartin, they give full and complete disclosure.

If you knew you were completely in the clear regarding any allegations of bullying, that you were confident that such allegations were completely unfounded and you would be vindicated by an independent inquiry then why the hell would you send your lawyer to engage with a documentary to deny those allegations and also have them call those making those allegations liars while the investigation was actually still going on? Moreso when the actual subjects of the documentary are the two Princes and the topic of it is their relationship with the Press. I think such a completely unnecessary move of getting a lawyer involved just makes someone appear panicked, rattled and very likely guilty.

You can easily surmize the “truth” at play here for Meghan and it makes sense as to why she (unnecessarily) engaged with Oprah with an agenda to out the racist people operating inside the “Firm” who were bent on undermining her. These allegations are all part of a “smear campaign” against her. It is all part of a conspiracy arranged by Jason Knauf, Simon Case, a litany of Palace staff, medical staff in contact with traumatized victims etc. all colluding together to conduct a covert agenda to frame Meghan as a bully. They must simply hate her so much that their racism implored them to drum up false bullying allegations because she is mixed race. Or something. Pure victim playing combined with creating a narrative. The classic manipulative tactic of getting your lying side of the story out there and disseminated first which can overshadow the actual truth emerging much later.

I think sending in the lawyer is the bullying act of a rattled bully, enabled by her odious husband, who have been scrambling ever since to cover up her abusive conduct. The reality of Meghan exposed as a manipulative and calculating liar has been established. You also have Harry engaging in a campaign to tackle misinformation. Pure deflection. It now potentially extends towards engaging in similar covering up behavior regarding the allegations of bullying people. This drive to play the victim is likely her “pulling at the heart strings" again but her credibility is now, through her own fault, non-existent and it fuels the thought that the allegations may indeed be actually true. Perhaps, given that there was no policy for dealing with Principals bullying, that Megxit was akin to Principals getting sacked for which there was also no formal policy as, like the idea of a principal bullying, the prospect of firing a Principal Royal was simply something that was never envisaged. How do you actually fire a family member?

Post edited by valoren on

• Advertisement

Isn't the BBC supposed to be held to a different standard than the likes of the Sun or other tabloids?

Fair enough if you were dealing with gutter journalists but with the BBC there used to be an expectation of a rigorous and fair process.

RIP the BBC. Used to be a great institution but now thoroughly infested with the SJW parasites.

Advertisement