Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boosters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

The HSE have updated their advice on the walk-in clinics:

How long to wait before getting a booster

You need to wait at least 5 months after your second vaccine dose before you can get a booster. If you had the single-dose Janssen vaccine, you need to wait at least 3 months.

You will get your appointment after this time.

Janssen single-dose vaccine

If you had the Janssen vaccine, you may have to wait longer than 3 months for your booster. This is because older age groups, who are more at risk, will be offered a booster first.

We will add information soon on when people aged 16 to 39 who had the Janssen vaccine can get their booster. Do not go to a walk-in booster clinic if your age group is not being called at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

HSE website just updated on Janssen-

If you had the Janssen vaccine, you may have to wait longer than 3 months for your booster. This is because older age groups, who are more at risk, will be offered a booster first.

We will add information soon on when people aged 16 to 39 who had the Janssen vaccine can get their booster. Do not go to a walk-in booster clinic if your age group is not being called at this time.

Does this mean over 50’s first or 40’s even, they need to spit it out, can’t be that difficult to make a decision or just clarify things

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I guess this is part of what happened at Citywest at the weekend! Really should have put this out first when the change on policy on J&J came about.

It's always been about the numbers in front of them, so once they are done. TBH they should have just stuck with the Martin timeline of January for over 50s instead of releasing what looks like completely contradictory information.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

There were people in the massive queue in City west on Saturday with appointments from the HSE . After waiting for over 2 hours a lady asked if our last vaccine was before the 28th pf June .Lots of people were after that by days and were told to go home . The HSE F.. up big time sending them texts .They also had no different queue for appointments or walk in so we all queued for up to 4.5 hours in the baltic cold . It was sheer madness and an absolute scandal

Does anyone know if they have resolved that issue ?

• Advertisement

I know someone in their 70's who was turned away from the MVC in Kilanerin in North wexford even after they had been texted an appointment because it was less than 5 months since their 2nd AstraZeneca

It was less than 5 months by 2 weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well I hope it has been resolved in some way. It could have been me in that queue in Citywest, as I am 69 and 5+ months since dose 2, but on the tip off of a friend, I went to UCD on Friday morning - not officially doing walk-ins, but said they would oblige as many as they could manage - all done, along with 2 other 69 year olds within 30 minutes. I know lots of 60-69 year-olds who are still waiting for their appointment. In fact, I have yet to hear of anyone in our cohort in Dublin who has received an appointment text from the HSE, and some of them are getting very stressed about it. I know the HSE seem to have made a right mess of this, but I actually feel a bit sorry for them too - they are constantly having orders shouted at them by NIAC, Dept of Health, NPHET, politicians, and everyone expects them to be able to deal with it all.......NEVER thought I would find myself having any sympathy for HSE!

I had a text from HSE to go on Saturday to City West ( age 67 )

I got home after 5 hours queue in artic weather . I had to get into bed with a hot water bottle and my husband made soup . It was an absolute scandal to see 60-69 year old shaking and shivering in a bitter cold wind that whipped around the car park .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Got my appointment for my booster this Friday afternoon ( cork)

45 year old, immunosuppressed ( have MS) . Got my 2nd Moderna early june.

Getting Pfizer booster this time !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Got my Pfizer booster last night. Absolutely goosed today. Throbbing headache, sore arm, little appetite. Way worse than the second dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I wonder how mixes of vaccines fare out? I got the J&J last May and the Pfizer booster last week. Wonder how that combo works compared to 3 Pfizer doses for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I got mine yesterday too and I'm in bits still had to bring a 5 month old puppy for a walk as I'm minding her for my mother. I should be in bed but don't want to leave the dog alone in the kitchen as she does be there all night. I'm freezing and aches and pains and a dead arm where I got the injection. Still have my appetite as I ate everything I normally do. Cooked a steak spuds and broccoli. Sweets and a bar of chocolate, a packet of crisps and microwave popcorn with a can of coke. Also had my breakfast and will do up a sausage sandwich later.

I had a throbbing headache all that evening and next day . Then got chills and couldn’t get warm . Got into bed at 7:30pm frozen to the bone . Woke at 3 am and headache gone and lovely and warm . Hope it passes soon for you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

There are sound scientific reasons for giving mixed vaccines as a booster in other cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Shilock

It's amazing my mam and dad had theirs and they're in their 80's and it didn't knock a stir out of them. Just a bit of a sore arm and they didn't have any reactions, no tiredness, headaches or shivering etc.

I had no reaction to any of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭morphy87

just a question, I am early 30s got my vaccine Johnson and Johnson early July, when is the earliest date I can receive my booster?

You should have got it already as the documents they gave me yesterday said 3 months after the J&J vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

I got a text offering me my booster for tomorrow 5+ months since astra, however I was frontline then I'm not now.

I rang them and informed them, so they could give it to someone who needs it now and they said they'd contact me when its available for my age I'm 39.

There is nothing wrong with me and I got my first and second Pfizer before you. And then I got my booster yesterday.

Officially yes but there will be no slots for a good while until we do the over 60s, maybe into January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Dublinandy3

41 here, had my booster last Saturday, I do have underlying medical issues. Had my flu jab at the same time so not sure if that didn't help but I felt like death up until Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

There have been very mixed messages coming from govt, hse and NIAC about Janssen.

The most optimistic was that anyone with the Janssen regardless of age would be the next cohert to be prioritized after the over 60s are done.

Many in this cohort are now in month 7 with one Jab, but seems that doesnt matter to the HSE.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I was group 4 and now nearly six months since my second Pfizer,god knows when I'll get my booster. Seems like the previous groups are being ignored and are now having to wait longer than ever.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭morphy87

So you reckon if I go to book it there shouldn’t be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Group 4 can now be done by pharmacies, worth checking out any local ones that are doing it, might be able to fit you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Wouldn't it make sense that we'll all be immunocompromised if we don't start getting sick. I haven't been sick in almost 3 years. That makes me concerned about the stability of my immune system. I won't be getting a third dose for at least 12 months for this reason. Having your immune system dependent on vaccines concerns me.

Disclaimer: The opinions you follow should be your own. Just consider this to be the opinion of a complete stranger online.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks ceegee, the HSE website does confirm what you said. That said I have gone through a bunch of Pharmacies around Dublin and all are only taking Healthcare workers and the over 60's at the moment, by choice or limited stocks or just not up to date i dont know. Frustating.

Anyone know if the MVC's would take me as a walk up now (even if it means standing in line for a while) ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TessC

Supercell, try Boots if you haven't already. They're offering appointments to anyone in the current recommended groups and you can book online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,401 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Advertisement